• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Checked out today from YC and it was so much better than my first stay. We were in room 3147 which was actually an accessible room with a roll in shower and automatic door. Here are the views. We booked Garden/Woods when the Visa discount dropped, but it said resort view on the app the day we checked in. I had requested the room above this one on TP but specified we wanted to be close to the elevator. We were literally right around the corner from it.
View attachment 764288View attachment 764289
View attachment 764287
That is the exact view I am asking for… That is an awesome view. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful time at the Polynesian. I also used TP.. first time in using them . I hope I have the same pixie dust as you did !!

A side view of water doesn’t count as water view in my experience. Maybe someone can counter me though.
Not with me either - I have paid for water view and want water view without craning my neck to see it. We go for water view as we like the activity as we have our morning and evening drinks on the balcony...we'd like lake not pool though and I'll be doing a TP request plus asking when we arrive.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a reservation for next year!!!

We are staying at the YC CL. We eat breakfast in the CL lounge and use our annual pass for discounts for dinner.

I booked a "basic package" which I think is just a room and they send you luggage tags, one free mini golf.
Should I have booked just a room only instead?

A package has to be paid off 30 days in advance, plus has cancellation penalties. We prefer room only with 1 night deposit & pay at check in, can cancel up to 5 days out. I don’t need a free round of mini golf or luggage tags.

They CMs on the phones are always trying to push packages because those cancelation penalties make Disney a lot of money.

Last year I had to call for a Disney visa discount room before an online link came out. The CM couldn’t understand why I preferred room only vs. a package. Told her I have APs, don’t need tickets. She said most people prefer the $200 deposit over the 1 night cost. And of course she kept mentioning those “magical extras”. Told her my AP discounts were better. She really pushed hard for that package. 😂

Last year I had to call for a Disney visa discount room before an online link came out. The CM couldn’t understand why I preferred room only vs. a package. Told her I have APs, don’t need tickets. She said most people prefer the $200 deposit over the 1 night cost. And of course she kept mentioning those “magical extras”. Told her my AP discounts were better. She really pushed hard for that package. 😂

OMG, same when I booked my BC trip for this summer. The cast member was LOVELY and was really working the system to try and make sure I got the best deal (Disney Visa vs Military discount). But when it was time to make the booking, she started reading off all the package stuff and I had to interrupt and nicely tell her I just want a room only reservation and it was like she glitched. She could not understand why. She kept repeating "but a package only requires a $200 deposit" and I was like "I don't mind putting one night down."

I was using Disney Visa rewards dollars anyway. I told her I didn't want to have to pay the package in full at the 30 day mark, nor did I want to be out any money if I had to cancel at the last minute. It took her a while to relent and stop asking if I was "sure" I didn't want a package. I feel like they have either a quota to meet or some sort of incentive for booking packages. I've never had a CM push it so hard.

Last edited:
A package has to be paid off 30 days in advance, plus has cancellation penalties. We prefer room only with 1 night deposit & pay at check in, can cancel up to 5 days out. I don’t need a free round of mini golf or luggage tags.
This made me laugh because we have a lifetime supply of luggage tags from back before we knew better. We never once played mini golf ;)

Posted this in the reservation thread, but figured I’d put this here too. Our same stay from 2022; 5 nights yacht, 2 sports, with 6 day hoppers for second week of March went up $1000. It’s roughly a 15% increase. Which I think is about even with inflation for two years.

We could save a 3000 staying at sports all week. We could save 2000 by going to Coronado all week. I hate spending the extra money because it’s really not worth it, but I just love yacht club. Plenty of time to change our minds if we decide to save the money.

Hi all! Is there a way for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) to book 2 rooms at Beach Club and guarantee connected rooms? Our friends want connecting rooms so that their kids can sleep in the one room, and the parents can stay up in the other room. The 1 bedroom villas aren't currently available. Since there are 2 adults, I didn't think there was a way to guarantee it. It would only be a request. I don't think they want to do this option if it's not guaranteed. TIA!

Hi all! Is there a way for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) to book 2 rooms at Beach Club and guarantee connected rooms? Our friends want connecting rooms so that their kids can sleep in the one room, and the parents can stay up in the other room. The 1 bedroom villas aren't currently available. Since there are 2 adults, I didn't think there was a way to guarantee it. It would only be a request. I don't think they want to do this option if it's not guaranteed. TIA!

We’ve done it a couple times and have gotten it, but it is not guaranteed.

Reactions: CJK
I think you should contact Dreams Unlimited Travel to see what they could do for you. When I had friends going with us last year they were able to connect our reservations together, magicbands, and requests. The room were on the same floor but we did not ask for connecting rooms. Maybe they can help. We were also on CL so I don’t know if that matters.

It's a request only. They don't guarantee connecting rooms. For what it's worth, it usually works out but I can understand not wanting to chance it.

I think they will now guarantee it if you call in and book both rooms under one reservation number.
I had not heard that.
Interesting... if true!
It would help a lot of families out. I for one, am very anti crowding everyone into one room!

Checked out today from YC and it was so much better than my first stay. We were in room 3147 which was actually an accessible room with a roll in shower and automatic door. Here are the views. We booked Garden/Woods when the Visa discount dropped, but it said resort view on the app the day we checked in. I had requested the room above this one on TP but specified we wanted to be close to the elevator. We were literally right around the corner from it.
View attachment 764288View attachment 764289
View attachment 764287
Great view and looks like a great location. Glad you had a good time. Enjoy Poly!

We have booked two rooms under one reservation number and they were connecting. You have to call Disney to do this but it works out great. Our MagicBands opened both rooms. :)

This is about as close to a guarantee as possible. Plus, I think that Disney is trying harder to honor these requests. :)

I called this morning to change from Basic Room Package to just a Room only and got the full court press to stay with Package because of all the "extra" benefits! I told her I had AP's and I didn't need the luggage tags or mini-golf tickets. I told her I liked being able to cancel up to 5 days before my vacation, if needed, with no penalties.

Needless to say I'm in a Room only reservation!

I called this morning to change from Basic Room Package to just a Room only and got the full court press to stay with Package because of all the "extra" benefits! I told her I had AP's and I didn't need the luggage tags or mini-golf tickets. I told her I liked being able to cancel up to 5 days before my vacation, if needed, with no penalties.

Needless to say I'm in a Room only reservation!

Awesome! Way to stay strong!

WDW packages are an AWFUL deal. I will die on this hill.

Beach Club Pool Refurbishment in Fall 2023

The Dunes Cove Pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas will be closed for about 2 months later this year.

From October 2 through early December, the Beach Club's quiet pool will be closed for maintenance. During the closure, Stormalong Bayand the Beach Club's other quiet pool will remain open for guests.

The Dunes Cove Pool is the leisure pool bracketed by wings of Disney's Beach Club Villas. During the refurbishment, guests may see and hear crews working during daytime hours.

Beach Club villa rooms are also scheduled to be refurbished during this timeframe. The fourth and fifth floors of the building were updated earlier this year. Work will resume on the lower three floors in August with a scheduled completion in October 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter