• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, I have a few questions regarding check-in day at the Beach Club I hope someone can help with. Check-in is at 3 p.m., but we are in Orlando early and want to go to the parks, will Beach Club be okay with dropping off our luggage early that morning and holding it, coming back after check-in time? Do you just pull up to the front or need to go to the parking area for this in case I need to talk to the front desk? I have never been to the Beach Club, and certainly don't want to hold up any other cars with this. Thank you!

Hi, I have a few questions regarding check-in day at the Beach Club I hope someone can help with. Check-in is at 3 p.m., but we are in Orlando early and want to go to the parks, will Beach Club be okay with dropping off our luggage early that morning and holding it, coming back after check-in time? Do you just pull up to the front or need to go to the parking area for this in case I need to talk to the front desk? I have never been to the Beach Club, and certainly don't want to hold up any other cars with this. Thank you!

Yes! Pull up to the front. There's a bell services stand right there. They will load your bags on a cart for you and store them until you return and your room is ready. They'll give you tickets for each piece stored. When you return, simply go inside to the bell service desk, it will be on your left as you enter. Give them your tickets and they'll either [your choice] let you take your luggage with you to your room yourself or deliver them for you about 5 - 10 minutes after you give them the tickets.

Only thing I would add is that if you don't intend to check-in make sure your magic bands are activated before you go to the park. I'm a bit fuzzy on how the whole activation process works (I'm sure there are folks who can correct me if I'm wrong) but we had trouble last trip when we went to the park before checking in - had to get guest relations at the park to activate our bands and that required standing in a longish line. If your choice is activation at Beach Club or by guest relations at the park I'd think that it would be a whole lot quicker to do it at Beach Club when you are there.

Yes! Pull up to the front. There's a bell services stand right there. They will load your bags on a cart for you and store them until you return and your room is ready. They'll give you tickets for each piece stored. When you return, simply go inside to the bell service desk, it will be on your left as you enter. Give them your tickets and they'll either [your choice] let you take your luggage with you to your room yourself or deliver them for you about 5 - 10 minutes after you give them the tickets.

You can" check in" as early as 6AM. But your room will highly likely not be ready. Your Magic Band will be active and Bell Services will hold your luggage until you actually go to your room. You just need to tip them when they deliver it to you.

Dee: I asked yacht club valet people your questions. As others have said, the cost is $25. I asked if you needed to be a yacht or beach club guest and they said no. I asked if there was a time limit and they said you could stay all day. They were very blase about the whole thing. But I wonder if the real issue would be the guy at the gate. I think he asks why you are driving in. If you don't get by him, you never make it to the valet parking guys.

(I was at Animal Kingdom park and wanted to go to hollywood studios but the bus line was ridiculously long. There looked to be about 5 busloads of people waiting. So I hopped on the yacht club beach club bus, got off there, and took the boat over to hollywood studios. I talked to the valet people when i got off the bus.)

Good advice! We can sit at a table have a hotdog and wait. Seems like a good plan for a little break, a qs dinner and viewing. even my husband is bummed it's leaving. I hope I can get as excited about the new show as I have been about Wishes all these years.
Just to confirm, you want to be inside the gated gardens, not where the tables are, for the actual show.

page 829

Feel like a kid again - my DH, DS14, DS11, DD10, my parents and I will be returning to the BC on June 30!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

We booked another trip to the BC. When I saw that Southwest had flights for $110 each way for 4th of July weekend, I just couldn't resist. We booked a BC-SV room for the dates July 1st-5th, 2017. I can't wait to see the 4th of July fireworks and then walk back to our room. ::yes::
BTW - that sale at Southwest lasted for one day. I caught it right on time and was able to get a discount from the travel agent. We wouldn't have gone if we didn't get a room discount. I really prefer garden views rooms, but I can live with a standard view if it means that I save money. ;)

Exciting news!!! What a fun time of year for a BC stay.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Now have a 2nd trip to BC booked for 2017! My mom and I are headed down for the first F&W weekend over Labor Day - staying 9/1-9/4.

:welcome: back!

::yes::

A little late posting but we're heading back to the BC May 18-22! It'll just be DH and I this time, staying SV CL. Oh, and it's our first ever CL stay :goodvibes

:welcome: back!

:cheer2:

page 830-831

Thanks again to everyone for answering questions, adding feedback about the quiet pools after hours and especially to everyone who has already tested or is willing to confirm that you can get a No Way Jose (or other treats) from the Beaches & Cream take out window. Way to take one for the team!!!

:goodvibes

Has anyone noticed you can't book captain's grille past August 31st..? I was hoping to have a couple of nicer breakfasts while we are at the BC ... I know they may still be using Ariel's but assumed renovations would start before September 1st and it would still be bookable even if its in a temporary spot?

I don't know anything beyond what has been previously reported. I would say keep trying to see if reservations can be booked as your trip approaches. Even if you don't get an advanced reservation, and even with the restaurant in a temporary, smaller spot, I don't think you will have trouble walking in based on prior experiences.

Am I remembering correctly- menu only/no buffet at the temp location?

:scratchin

I saw it in college and was horrified. There are a few Disney movies I've not bothered to show my kids for lack of interest (looking at you Emperor's New Groove).

As someone who still has never seen most of the recent Disney movies (including Inside Out, Big Hero Six, Tangled, Brave, etc. Did see Frozen once) I am in no position to throw stones, but you should watch Emperor's New Groove. I think you and your family would enjoy the humor and snarkiness in the movie. David Spade and Patrick Warburton are hilarious in this.

Uh-huh-uh-huh-uh-huh!

::yes::

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

Others have given some helpful info and advice about your question.

:cool1:

Dee: I asked yacht club valet people your questions. As others have said, the cost is $25. I asked if you needed to be a yacht or beach club guest and they said no. I asked if there was a time limit and they said you could stay all day. They were very blase about the whole thing. But I wonder if the real issue would be the guy at the gate. I think he asks why you are driving in. If you don't get by him, you never make it to the valet parking guys.

(I was at Animal Kingdom park and wanted to go to hollywood studios but the bus line was ridiculously long. There looked to be about 5 busloads of people waiting. So I hopped on the yacht club beach club bus, got off there, and took the boat over to hollywood studios. I talked to the valet people when i got off the bus.)

Thanks so much for checking on that.

Smart move on the route to HS. It is fun to try to think through different options for getting from point A to point B.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
:offtopic:

There's a new kid in my life!

As many of you know, I work part time as a museum educator at a 300-year-old manor house and farm that houses rescued animals. We have two ginormous pigs, a horse, Roger the donkey, goats, sheep, roosters and a cat. My favorite part of the job is introducing preschool children and older students to the animals.

This week, we became the proud caretakers of a week old baby goat who was rescued after he was sold on Craig's list to someone who couldn't care for him properly. He is now having overnight sleepovers at volunteers' homes as he needs to be fed every 4 hours. In a few weeks when he is big enough, he will join our other animals in the paddock.

Here's Sky. I met him yesterday and introduced him to my Friday preschool group. Sky is very sweet and very chill.

Dee and Sky.jpg

:love:

Last edited:

As many of you know, I work part time as a museum educator at a 300-year-old manor house and farm that houses rescued animals. We have two ginormous pigs, a horse, Roger the donkey, goats, sheep, roosters and a cat. My favorite part of the job is to introduce preschool children and older students to the animals.

This week, we became the proud caretakers of a week old baby goat who was rescued after he was sold on Craig's list to someone who couldn't care for him properly. He is now having overnight sleepovers at volunteers' homes as he needs to be fed every 4 hours. In a few weeks when he is big enough, he will join our other animals in the paddock.

Here's Sky. I met him yesterday and introduced him to my Friday preschool group. Sky is very sweet and very chill.

View attachment 227380

OMG, what an adorable kid! Such an awesome job :)

As many of you know, I work part time as a museum educator at a 300-year-old manor house and farm that houses rescued animals. We have two ginormous pigs, a horse, Roger the donkey, goats, sheep, roosters and a cat. My favorite part of the job is to introduce preschool children and older students to the animals.

View attachment 227380

Kids are the cutest babies!! Goats in general are awesome imo. But I fear, as per the rescue of your new friend Sky, that they are gaining in popularity as the "it" pet of the moment. Kind like mini pot bellied pigs were years ago. I'm seeing a lot of them these days as common pets. I'm new here, and didn't know of your work, but what wonderful work it is!

View attachment 227380

I want your life.:love:

Great intel work!

1) Good news about Beaches & Cream! Who is willing to take on the mission of getting a No Way Jose or Milky Way Sundae to go and reporting back to us?

2) I am also curious about whether the quiet pools can be accessed after hours. Personally, I hope that the gates are locked during the overnight hours for the sake of guests with rooms nearby. Although I'm sure there are some respectful guests who would appreciate being able to have a late night swim or soak in the hot tub, I am afraid it is much more likely that the people who would be using it at those times would be unruly and loud.

Thanks so much for taking the pictures! I look forward to seeing them when you are back home.

I'll add the info about the location of the donuts and other pre-packaged GF items to the info previously provided.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

When we stayed at the YC a few years ago we went to the quiet pool every night after SAB closed. There were never many people using the pool and everyone was always quiet.

I have decided to use Uber to get us from YC to Disney Springs for our 10:30 HOB Gospel brunch. I have never used Uber before so I am wondering when I should arrange for it. Should I contact them for a ride an hour before? A half-hour before? The night before? I'm clueless about it. Any suggestions from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

I have decided to use Uber to get us from YC to Disney Springs for our 10:30 HOB Gospel brunch. I have never used Uber before so I am wondering when I should arrange for it. Should I contact them for a ride an hour before? A half-hour before? The night before? I'm clueless about it. Any suggestions from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.
Same here!!! I've got multiple outings that will need Uber and I've never used it before. Got the app and the 1st time user discount on my phone but am otherwise clueless!!!

I finalized our reservations after making several changes to our reservations with cancelling and booking. We are doing a split stay at Beach Club and Shades of Green. I know it's not considered on property, as we usually stay at SOG. But, we like it there, too. I'm so excited about the Beach Club, the theme looks great! I think the kids will love it!

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the pool, or where it's deepest at? I ran a search on it both in forums and on Touringplans, but wasn't popping up for me, or maybe my search wasn't quite the right wording. Is the lazy river deeper than the pool? Does the lazy river really push you along or is it pretty lazy? My kids are 54 and 56.5 inches tall. Both are swimmers, and we will be in the pool with them, but it's such a large pool and can't help but want to know as my youngest sometimes just doesn't realize when he's too tired. We've been to many types of lazy rivers, some you put some work into to get around, some the water jets kind of stream you along in the general direction, and some moved fast and didn't feel so lazy!

I'd love any info on Uber, as well! We plan to use it to go to the Hoop Dee Doo, that way everyone can have a few drinks and no one has to drive! I think I remember reading somewhere that your first ride is free?

Anyone booked Fastpasses for Avatar yet? Wondering if there will be any available, or if we should just plan on taking advantage of the extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom? Our Fastpass window opens tomorrow! (Can't believe we book this trip almost a year ago and we are only two months out!)

I finalized our reservations after making several changes to our reservations with cancelling and booking. We are doing a split stay at Beach Club and Shades of Green. I know it's not considered on property, as we usually stay at SOG. But, we like it there, too. I'm so excited about the Beach Club, the theme looks great! I think the kids will love it!

Does anyone know the approximate depth of the pool, or where it's deepest at? I ran a search on it both in forums and on Touringplans, but wasn't popping up for me, or maybe my search wasn't quite the right wording. Is the lazy river deeper than the pool? Does the lazy river really push you along or is it pretty lazy? My kids are 54 and 56.5 inches tall. Both are swimmers, and we will be in the pool with them, but it's such a large pool and can't help but want to know as my youngest sometimes just doesn't realize when he's too tired. We've been to many types of lazy rivers, some you put some work into to get around, some the water jets kind of stream you along in the general direction, and some moved fast and didn't feel so lazy!

The lazy river is deep...8 feet I think. The current can be fast in some parts. That said, on one of our trips to BC/YC my daughter was 8. She had badly broken her arm/elbow. She had had surgery and had gotten her cast off 3 days before our trip. Her left arm was kind of useless still and she was only swimming with one arm. I stayed right with her in the lazy river but she was fine with only her 1 arm Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter