Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'd love any info on Uber, as well! We plan to use it to go to the Hoop Dee Doo, that way everyone can have a few drinks and no one has to drive! I think I remember reading somewhere that your first ride is free?
First ride is usually free when you download the app. As far as how far in advance to reserve, I haven't used at Disney (but intend to this next trip) but we use all the time in the DC area and typically only need to reserve the ride a few minutes in advance of departure because there are plenty of drivers. My understanding is that Uber is pretty popular in the Disney area so, assuming there are plenty of drivers there too, you should be able to arrange the ride about 15 minutes before departure (or perhaps even less). There are others who have more experience with Uber at Disney who can weigh in.

Link to a post from last year by Touring Plans blog describing their experience with Uber - http://www.disneytouristblog.com/uber-disney-world-tips/

Last edited:
The lazy river is deep...8 feet I think. The current can be fast in some parts. That said, on one of our trips to BC/YC my daughter was 8. She had badly broken her arm/elbow. She had had surgery and had gotten her cast off 3 days before our trip. Her left arm was kind of useless still and she was only swimming with one arm. I stayed right with her in the lazy river but she was fine with only her 1 arm Hope this helps!
Yeah, it is around 8 feet in spots, maybe 4-5 feet or so in others (can't recall exactly, just that it varies). I find the stream enough to move you along but not particularly strong. There are plenty of tubes that you can use to hold on to or ride (I usually ride). Also plenty of lifeguards. Big fan of Storm Along Bay, and I don't really like pools

Same here!!! I've got multiple outings that will need Uber and I've never used it before. Got the app and the 1st time user discount on my phone but am otherwise clueless!!!
You reserve the uber on the app and you'll be able to see where the cars are. It should only take them a few minutes to get to you. Use uber all the time and in Disney when going from BC to poly for dinner etc. So easy.

I have decided to use Uber to get us from YC to Disney Springs for our 10:30 HOB Gospel brunch. I have never used Uber before so I am wondering when I should arrange for it. Should I contact them for a ride an hour before? A half-hour before? The night before? I'm clueless about it. Any suggestions from someone in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Same here!!! I've got multiple outings that will need Uber and I've never used it before. Got the app and the 1st time user discount on my phone but am otherwise clueless!!!

I'd love any info on Uber, as well! We plan to use it to go to the Hoop Dee Doo, that way everyone can have a few drinks and no one has to drive! I think I remember reading somewhere that your first ride is free?

There is a great thread on the Transportation Forum here on the DIS - Everything you wanted to know about Uber at Disney
Check here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

You reserve the uber on the app and you'll be able to see where the cars are. It should only take them a few minutes to get to you. Use uber all the time and in Disney when going from BC to poly for dinner etc. So easy.
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like if I reserve on the app about 15 minutes before I need to leave I should be fine.

Once you've downloaded the uber app, you can always check out how many cars are around at a similar point in time - so if you want it at 9:45 on a Sunday, see what the availability is like at that time tomorrow or next Sunday and it'll give you an indication.

For example I just checked on how many cars are near YC right now (1:30pm local time) and there's cars less than 5 minutes away (and an uber to disney springs would cost approx $7.11 for uber x, depending on where you wanted dropping off).

Make sure you're in the lobby when you order it in case the car arrives quickly!

Anyone booked Fastpasses for Avatar yet? Wondering if there will be any available, or if we should just plan on taking advantage of the extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom? Our Fastpass window opens tomorrow! (Can't believe we book this trip almost a year ago and we are only two months out!)
Hi. Yes I've just booked my FP now. Both rides are tier 1 so we had to choose. I don't really know much about avatar but I did the river ride on the 27th may which I think is opening day! And the flight ride the Tuesday 30th. We've got a 5yo and not sure if the flight one is suitable. X

Hi. Yes I've just booked my FP now. Both rides are tier 1 so we had to choose. I don't really know much about avatar but I did the river ride on the 27th may which I think is opening day! And the flight ride the Tuesday 30th. We've got a 5yo and not sure if the flight one is suitable. X
That IS opening day!!!! Super jealous here. :thumbsup2

Flight of Passage has a height restriction of 44 inches; does that help?

Once you've downloaded the uber app, you can always check out how many cars are around at a similar point in time - so if you want it at 9:45 on a Sunday, see what the availability is like at that time tomorrow or next Sunday and it'll give you an indication.

For example I just checked on how many cars are near YC right now (1:30pm local time) and there's cars less than 5 minutes away (and an uber to disney springs would cost approx $7.11 for uber x, depending on where you wanted dropping off).

Make sure you're in the lobby when you order it in case the car arrives quickly!
Thanks so much for this information.

Thanks so much for this information.
And you can watch the car approach from the app. There's a map showing the area and it follows the car in real time so you don't have to stand outside waiting if the driver happens to be 10-15 mins out! Used Uber a few times at WDW and the longest I waited for an Uber was in the 10-15 min range when it was almost 11pm at Poly.

First ride is usually free when you download the app. As far as how far in advance to reserve, I haven't used at Disney (but intend to this next trip) but we use all the time in the DC area and typically only need to reserve the ride a few minutes in advance of departure because there are plenty of drivers. My understanding is that Uber is pretty popular in the Disney area so, assuming there are plenty of drivers there too, you should be able to arrange the ride about 15 minutes before departure (or perhaps even less). There are others who have more experience with Uber at Disney who can weigh in.

Link to a post from last year by Touring Plans blog describing their experience with Uber - http://www.disneytouristblog.com/uber-disney-world-tips/

Thanks so much for the info! I will definitely check out the post!

That is so awesome to hear! We are also going to be there on Tuesday, so I think I'll start with the river ride as well, since we have a 2yo. Thank you so much for your quick reply! Just putting the finishing touches on my plans for FP. Better head to bed, since I'll need to be up in a few hours to book them!:coffee:

That IS opening day!!!! Super jealous here. :thumbsup2

Flight of Passage has a height restriction of 44 inches; does that help?

Thanks. Without knowing much about the ride I'm not sure if it's to scary for her. She doesn't like scary things! Maybe I'm better doing 2 FP for the flight and do a rider swap and the same for the boat ride but then she doesn't get to ride that one?

Thanks. Without knowing much about the ride I'm not sure if it's to scary for her. She doesn't like scary things! Maybe I'm better doing 2 FP for the flight and do a rider swap and the same for the boat ride but then she doesn't get to ride that one?
The River ride should be just fine. It's being touted as a "Family Friendly Adventure," which says to me that nothing is going to leap out at you. :-)

We had initially booked my favorite BC CL for our annual mother/daughter trip earlier this month and changed it to AKL CL due to a significant discount (and my daughter really wanted to stay there again as it has been a few years.) While we were there, she got the notice that she was accepted to the college program for the fall so now we are going back! While AKL was fine, we really missed being at BC and are so excited to be going back so soon. I just booked BC CL LV for August 30th to September 10. She checks in to the program on Sept 5 so we will have 6 days before to just enjoy the parks, a day of moving in and grocery shopping and then I will stay another 5 days to enjoy F&W by myself or with her when she has free time.

We are going to drive down from CT so that she can have her car and then I will fly back. I have never done a road trip like this before so we plan on taking it easy and staying over two nights on the way.

Of course, now I will have to go "check on her" in October and December:rolleyes1 and my husband and son and I are all going to go for Thanksgiving week! It will be the first time for the two of them in quite a while. I'll be flying back and forth so much I should just stay there the whole time-:D. I am going to wait and see what the fall discounts look like before I book any more stays. I am thinking WL for December, BC for all of us for Thanksgiving and either AKL or BWI for October. Fun decisions for sure.

So glad I converted our 10 day hoppers to annual passes!

We had initially booked my favorite BC CL for our annual mother/daughter trip earlier this month and changed it to AKL CL due to a significant discount (and my daughter really wanted to stay there again as it has been a few years.) While we were there, she got the notice that she was accepted to the college program for the fall so now we are going back! While AKL was fine, we really missed being at BC and are so excited to be going back so soon. I just booked BC CL LV for August 30th to September 10. She checks in to the program on Sept 5 so we will have 6 days before to just enjoy the parks, a day of moving in and grocery shopping and then I will stay another 5 days to enjoy F&W by myself or with her when she has free time.

We are going to drive down from CT so that she can have her car and then I will fly back. I have never done a road trip like this before so we plan on taking it easy and staying over two nights on the way.

Of course, now I will have to go "check on her" in October and December:rolleyes1 and my husband and son and I are all going to go for Thanksgiving week! It will be the first time for the two of them in quite a while. I'll be flying back and forth so much I should just stay there the whole time-:D. I am going to wait and see what the fall discounts look like before I book any more stays. I am thinking WL for December, BC for all of us for Thanksgiving and either AKL or BWI for October. Fun decisions for sure.

So glad I converted our 10 day hoppers to annual passes!

That's awesome, is she a student at UCF, or is this a college program through Disney? Way to go on annual passes. That would seem the best way to do it if you'll be visiting a lot! That's a good opportunity to try every resort and hotel in the Disney area!

The River ride should be just fine. It's being touted as a "Family Friendly Adventure," which says to me that nothing is going to leap out at you. :-)
Thanks. I showed her a clip of the ride and she didn't like the look of the animals that were prowling on the sides!! She really doesn't like scary things! I didn't want to take the chance of her being on the ride and start screaming so ive gone with 2 on the flight with rider swap and 2 on the boat with rider swap? This way we get to ride both in the same day and I'll avoid opening day! DH is not too bothered about doing the boat so even if I do it with oldest DD and I think youngest would like it then I can ride again with her hopefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter