Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Questions about valet parking-

What is the current cost? Is it $25 plus tip?

Can anyone valet park at the hotel, even if they are not guests of the Yacht or Beach Club?

Is there a time limit? A certain number of hours or all day?

I never drive while at Disney so I don't pay attention to the parking situation.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Can anyone valet park at the hotel, even if they are not guests of the Yacht or Beach Club?

I never drive while at Disney so I don't pay attention to the parking situation.

Thanks!

We always valet park if we are eating at the Flying Fish. We usually valet at Boardwalk but I'm sure you could do it at the BC as well. It is $25 and we tip.
I'm not sure of the time limit, but when we valet at GF or Poly, we usually stay for Wishes or go into the park after dinner. We are APs and have TiW so we would park for free anyway.

As noted Valet Parking is currently $25 plus tip. It can be limited based on availability but it is usually for as long as you want for a day. I believe that they roll over the day to a new day at midnight so if you're parked past midnight you will be charged an additional $25.

I stopped by Yacht & Beach today. I was told two interesting things:

1) the beaches & cream cast member who works outside the door told me that you can get any of the ice cream dishes at the to go window except the Kitchen Sink and the one with grilled banana bread. You cannot get the entrees at the to go window.

2) i was walking thru yacht club and a bellman asked if i was finding everything ok. I asked where the quiet pool was and he pointed me in the right direction. He said it should not close at night as long as people are quiet. So if someone wants a swim at night they can check it out and see if the gate is locked.

Also, tennis courts are under construction.

All pools are fenced.

I took pictures of signs and menus but they are on my camera so i won't be able to post them until i get home.

There werw gluten free donuts and a few other gluten free things at beach club marketplace. They are at the end of the hot food counter, pre-packaged.

Beach Club feels so much like home. I didn't want to leave to go back to Boardwalk.

1) the beaches & cream cast member who works outside the door told me that you can get any of the ice cream dishes at the to go window except the Kitchen Sink and the one with grilled banana bread. You cannot get the entrees at the to go window.

2) i was walking thru yacht club and a bellman asked if i was finding everything ok. I asked where the quiet pool was and he pointed me in the right direction. He said it should not close at night as long as people are quiet. So if someone wants a swim at night they can check it out and see if the gate is locked.

All pools are fenced.

I took pictures of signs and menus but they are on my camera so i won't be able to post them until i get home.

There werw gluten free donuts and a few other gluten free things at beach club marketplace. They are at the end of the hot food counter, pre-packaged.

Beach Club feels so much like home. I didn't want to leave to go back to Boardwalk.
I wondered about the hours at the quiet pools since there is a fence. Our first stay at BC in April, 2013, we had Lagoon View overlooking the quiet pool. This was before the fencing. It was anything but quiet, with noisy kids and adults in the pool until long after midnight. I even called the desk one night since it was impossible to sleep and we had an early morning. Is there any photos of the fence around the BC quiet pool? Do you have to scan your magic band to enter the pool? It looks like pool hours should be enforced at quiet pools as with Stormalong Bay.

I wondered about the hours at the quiet pools since there is a fence. Our first stay at BC in April, 2013, we had Lagoon View overlooking the quiet pool. This was before the fencing. It was anything but quiet, with noisy kids and adults in the pool until long after midnight. I even called the desk one night since it was impossible to sleep and we had an early morning. Is there any photos of the fence around the BC quiet pool? Do you have to scan your magic band to enter the pool? It looks like pool hours should be enforced at quiet pools as with Stormalong Bay.
I have also had an experience with a guest room overlooking the Quiet Pool at the BC with noisy kids in the pool,late at night. You do not need to have a MagicBand to enter the Quiet Pool area...the fencing/gates are there so small children do not enter the area, without adult supervision.

Wishes final show:(
I will be (quite on purpose), at WDW for Wishes final show. I was wanting thoughts and opinions about our idea to watch it. We were thinking well in advance we would grab some quick service to go, or get a bunch of lil yummy things to eat akin to a small picnic, dessert and beverages, and see if we could cop a squat on the grassy areas and just eat and wait a little while for the show. I will be filming it, as I am almost as upset about this as I was MSE We were there a few days before the end of that as well. Anywho- I cannot remember if cms clear the grassy areas prior to the show or if you're there you're there.
I'd just rather find a good spot on the grass than to curb sit for a few hours.

Opine away

I think grassy area you should be good.

We will also be at MK that night. Pre-booked before they announced it would be closing down. May actually move over to Top of the World to watch.

Don't ever watch this movie if you have a pet, have lost a pet, have given up a pet, have loved a pet, have liked a pet, have been indifferent to a pet, have been in the same room as a pet.........
And not for the "good" reasons. It's not heart-tugging or anything, it's just upsetting.

I saw it in college and was horrified. There are a few Disney movies I've not bothered to show my kids for lack of interest (looking at you Emperor's New Groove). But to show that would be cruel. I'd be better off kicking them in the shins and sending them to bed without supper.

All pools are fenced.

I know what you mean about home. I've only stayed there twice. Stayed at AKL five times, I think. BC is more like home. Because we're a fair-sized pack (family of six), we could stay in a deluxe room for not much more than the cost of renting points for a 2 BR villa at BCV, and we'd have access to the club lounge. No one, even my husband who is frugal as all get out about everything else, wants to stay at BWI. They all gripe about the clown pool.

I think grassy area you should be good.

We will also be at MK that night. Pre-booked before they announced it would be closing down. May actually move over to Top of the World to watch.

That's so nice! We aren't DVC members so no going to Top of the world for us. We just thought since they no longer offer fast passes for Wishes, a good spot would be those nice grassy areas especially since we n ow we will have to wait a lil bit.

I have photos of all the pools but will not be able to post them until next week. They are on my camera.

Pool gates close but were not locked. I just opened the gate and walked in for the three quiet pools. The gate was open at Stormalong Bay and a cast member was standing there.

All pools are fenced.

Great intel work!

1) Good news about Beaches & Cream! Who is willing to take on the mission of getting a No Way Jose or Milky Way Sundae to go and reporting back to us?

2) I am also curious about whether the quiet pools can be accessed after hours. Personally, I hope that the gates are locked during the overnight hours for the sake of guests with rooms nearby. Although I'm sure there are some respectful guests who would appreciate being able to have a late night swim or soak in the hot tub, I am afraid it is much more likely that the people who would be using it at those times would be unruly and loud.

Thanks so much for taking the pictures! I look forward to seeing them when you are back home.

I'll add the info about the location of the donuts and other pre-packaged GF items to the info previously provided.

Thanks!

2) I am also curious about whether the quiet pools can be accessed after hours. Personally, I hope that the gates are locked during the overnight hours for the sake of guests with rooms nearby. Although I'm sure there are some respectful guests who would appreciate being able to have a late night swim or soak in the hot tub, I am afraid it is much more likely that the people who would be using it at those times would be unruly and loud.

During my most recent BC/YC stay, my husband and I used the quiet pool late at night. We had spent a long day eating and drinking our way through the food and wine festival. It was me, my husband, and two other people. Super quite. Pretty great to have to pool to ourselves!

They have hair dryers. They also have the same toiletries that you would have if staying in a regular Beach Club resort room - shampoo, conditioner, and soap. :)

Re: hair dryers, for those who experienced them before the villas refurb, they have take out the hair dryers attached to the wall and replaced them with hand held ones. Also, if staying in the villas with points, the toiletries do not get replenished daily, only during your scheduled services, so plan accordingly.

Great intel work!

1) Good news about Beaches & Cream! Who is willing to take on the mission of getting a No Way Jose or Milky Way Sundae to go and reporting back to us?

This mission has already been completed many times, the latest being last summer. The No Way Jose is both DD and DH's favorite and since they started with the ADR's, is basically the only way they get them now. As my DD says, you can't plan 180 days ahead when the craving for a No Way Jose is going to hit you. However, I am sure DH is ready to tackle the mission again "just to make sure the policy hasn't changed".:tiptoe:

I have mixed feelings about this, particularly with regards to the villas pool. The pool deck area is a convenient cut through and I'm not sure how easy it will be to maneuver around to get into our villa if the gates are locked and I so like a quiet soak in the hot tub late in the evening down at the pool once all the little ones have left the area so I really hope it doesn't get locked. On the other hand, it shocked me when we were down after hours with another couple and the kids in the pool were screaming, shouting and carrying on without one comment from the parents who were in the pool with them.

Oh and btw, doing the happy dance. Single digits and counting. :cool1::banana:

That's so nice! We aren't DVC members so no going to Top of the world for us. We just thought since they no longer offer fast passes for Wishes, a good spot would be those nice grassy areas especially since we n ow we will have to wait a lil bit.
The spot in front of the plaza is being used for the dessert party guests now. But the area in front of Casey's is open to the public, and where we have sat since the FP option went away. We've never had to arrive too early to get a spot, but on the last night I'd definitely get there 60 minutes in advance, at least. I am so sad that Wishes is going away as well - I will see it for the last time next week and plan to record as well. The gates along the back of the area would be a perfect spot to set up as to not obstruct anyone else's view. Most folks sit on the grass for the show.

Thanks!

I will add that you only pay once a day to valet, if you valet at a different resort you won't be charged again to valet at another resort. You also get free valet if you dine at the resort and have a TIW card. Just show your receipt at the valet stand. We do it frequently and have never been given a time limit...doesn't mean it won't happen though.

Great intel work!

Thanks so much for taking the pictures! I look forward to seeing them when you are back home.

I'll add the info about the location of the donuts and other pre-packaged GF items to the info previously provided.

Thanks!

Me me me!!! I volunteer to get a No Way Jose.

Great intel work!

Thanks!

I've gotten a NWJ from the take out window before! It can be done!!!

The spot in front of the plaza is being used for the dessert party guests now. But the area in front of Casey's is open to the public, and where we have sat since the FP option went away. We've never had to arrive too early to get a spot, but on the last night I'd definitely get there 60 minutes in advance, at least. I am so sad that Wishes is going away as well - I will see it for the last time next week and plan to record as well. The gates along the back of the area would be a perfect spot to set up as to not obstruct anyone else's view. Most folks sit on the grass for the show.

Good advice! We can sit at a table have a hotdog and wait. Seems like a good plan for a little break, a qs dinner and viewing. even my husband is bummed it's leaving. I hope I can get as excited about the new show as I have been about Wishes all these years.

I will add that you only pay once a day to valet, if you valet at a different resort you won't be charged again to valet at another resort. You also get free valet if you dine at the resort and have a TIW card. Just show your receipt at the valet stand. We do it frequently and have never been given a time limit...doesn't mean it won't happen though.

When we were there 4 years ago, valet parking was free to anyone with a handicapped placard or tag. Is this still the case?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter