• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The 2 nights with the agency offer at BC SV were $868 and for YC SV CL $1194 with the AP rate (BC SV CL was a bit more)...so $326 more. HOWEVER, for the reason you listed, and I will admit it- I am a spoiled CL brat. I switched. Surprisingly DH is NOT mad. He said he'd rather have breakfast in the lounge than be tied down to ADRs. Then DH laughed because he said I always go full circle and end up changing to my initial booking (he's right ;) )

16 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still debating on if I should cancel the Star Wars Dessert party, but I think the location for viewing will be awesome. That said from the BC last year we had a great view of Frozen fireworks from our room. I feel like we should keep the party. Decisions....at least I'm not changing resorts again :)
Keep the dessert party! Being able to hear the music is half the fun of the fireworks....especially if you are a SW fan!!!

Still debating on if I should cancel the Star Wars Dessert party, but I think the location for viewing will be awesome.
You can get almost the same view by standing right behind the dessert party. We stood in front of the Dockside Diner but behind the dessert party and it was a great spot.

Being able to hear the music is half the fun of the fireworks....especially if you are a SW fan!!!
There is no worry about not hearing the music. They play the music really loudly. You can hear it at the BC if the wind is blowing in the right direction. ;)

Ugh!!! Really annoyed. Virgin Atlantic cancelled our reserved seats days after I booked and paid for them, they never told me and never gave me my money back. Only found out today when I went to the TA to pay off our holiday and she couldn't link our bookings together. Now we cant get extra leg room seats as the only ones left are over the exit and DD is only 12 (you have to be 16 to sit there). We're now sitting in two rows so that DH can have room as he is over 6 foot!
That's crazy, I am SO sorry they never notified you!

Keep the dessert party! Being able to hear the music is half the fun of the fireworks....especially if you are a SW fan!!!
I was actually thinking the same thing. I was looking at a video on one of the reviews and I can picture myself standing there just misty eyed I LOVE FIREWORKS and STAR WARS :) Plus it's just hubby and I so no one will be complaining about not being able to sit (well I might ;) )

You can get the same view by standing right behind the dessert party. We stood in front of the Dockside Diner but behind the dessert party and it was a great spot.

There is no worry about not hearing the music. The play the music really loudly. You can hear it at the BC if the wind is blowing in the right direction. ;)
Sue, we were posting at the same time. My worry is feeling overly :crowded:

Good to hear! We used the magical express website to fill out our information to request the service. I have all the emails and the confirmation saying we have magical express all set and they will send us the tags. It just confused me when I saw people complaining about not receiving luggage tags.

How soon before your trips did you get your yellow tags? Do you happen to remember?
Usually 33-25 days prior

Pink Girl, so sorry that virgin did that to you.

Happy you're settling in to your new normal. And hous ahead of schedule...wow that doesn't happen often. Do you volunteer in Jeanne's room? I thought you'd be home with Lily.
Nice to hear from you!
Deb :)

Lily is in pre-K at Jeanne's school so I volunteer in Jeanne's class most days. It's really nice that Lily can attend Jeanne's school even though our present rental house and our new house will not be in her school's zone. They allow her to come to Jeanne's school and Jeanne gets to pick her teachers which is a huge plus!!!!

Lily is in pre-K at Jeanne's school so I volunteer in Jeanne's class most days. It's really nice that Lily can attend Jeanne's school even though our present rental house and our new house will not be in her school's zone. They allow her to come to Jeanne's school and Jeanne gets to pick her teachers which is a huge plus!!!!
That sounds like a wonderful situation for Lily.
Jeanne's students are blessed to have her for a teacher, and you for a volunteer. :goodvibes

There is no worry about not hearing the music. They play the music really loudly. You can hear it at the BC if the wind is blowing in the right direction. ;)
Wow, really?! Now that the stage & speakers are down, we had trouble heating clearly from Echo Lake a few weeks ago!! I really regretted canceling the dessert party for that reason alone!

That's awesome!
It's like that here too. If you are a teacher your children can go to your school regardless of the district.

Wow, really?! Now that the stage & speakers are down, we had trouble heating clearly from Echo Lake a few weeks ago!! I really regretted canceling the dessert party for that reason alone!

we watched from the far side of echo lake last week and could hear the music clearly, but not the dialog bits. heck, we could (just barely) hear the music from the CBR pool when we were there early in our trip!

That you volunteer most days is special Teena!!! I remember seeing more than one award you received for your volunteering, even when it was from afar.
I am excited for you and your new house. Will you have a dedicated space all yours where you can settle in with your own special "stuff"? Jeanne & Lily are lucky to have you - and you them. I think of you often and love your updates.

That you volunteer most days is special Teena!!! I remember seeing more than one award you received for your volunteering, even when it was from afar.
I am excited for you and your new house. Will you have a dedicated space all yours where you can settle in with your own special "stuff"? Jeanne & Lily are lucky to have you - and you them. I think of you often and love your updates.

Yes, it is a multi-generational home. I have a huge bath, closet, bedroom and living room on the first floor. Then we all share a kitchen and family room and dining room. Lily has her own bath (but she has to share it with the guest room) and a bedroom and playroom ... all on the second floor. Then up on the third floor, Jeanne has a big master with huge bath and closet. It will be perfect for us. And the laundry room is off the garage and my living room ... which is good since I'll be the one doing most the laundry.

Yes, it is a multi-generational home. I have a huge bath, closet, bedroom and living room on the first floor. Then we all share a kitchen and family room and dining room. Lily has her own bath (but she has to share it with the guest room) and a bedroom and playroom ... all on the second floor. Then up on the third floor, Jeanne has a big master with huge bath and closet. It will be perfect for us. And the laundry room is off the garage and my living room ... which is good since I'll be the one doing most the laundry.

Sounds wonderful Teena! Best of luck to you in your new adventure!

Just seen this on All Ears:

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Someone NEEEEEDS to try this for us all!!!

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing the description Teena. That sounds perfect!!! I am sure that once it is finished and you can settle in with your things it will be great. The combination of together and separate spaces is great. I wish you much peace there.

Just seen this on All Ears:

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.

Someone NEEEEEDS to try this for us all!!!
35 more days and I'll have a detailed report for you!

I booked my res through Orbitz. I will still get the luggage tags right? I filled out the magical express stuff a while ago and have the confirmation email and all that stuff. However, I've seen a lot of old posts on this site from people saying they didnt get their tags and they booked through Orbitz.
FYI when I booked through Orbitz the address Disney had on file for me was for Orbitz in Chicago. I don't know if that's because it was my first WDW trip and I was just creating my MDE account during that time or if Orbitz bookings are always like that so you might want to double check the address your MDE has for sending you the MBs for this ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter