Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi everybody. Just checking in. Things are going good here in Vegas. House is ahead of schedule, I got good mammo results and am officially over the 5 year hurdle. We are heading to Huntington Beach on Saturday and will be visiting Disneyland too. I miss Bob and Florida so much but am adjusting to my new normal! I so miss my Disney friends and our chats in the lobby but now I chat with second graders .... Which makes me miss you all even more!!!! Hopefully when Lily and I are at WDW in September, we will run into a few of you!

Great news Teena. Enjoy your vacation.

Really disappointed. The summer discount was released with up to 30% off for my dates; however, Beach Club is listed at only a 15% discount. When I called the lady told me adding the discount actually raised my package price, which makes no sense to me. She tried to tell me I already had a discount, but I have never applied a discount to my package and I booked way back in September. I saw that Yacht Club was listed under 30% off and asked to switch over there, but was told there was no availability during my dates. Needless to say I am frustrated and disappointed. Anyone have tips on this? Does more availability ever open up on these deals?

It may be that your rate is going up because you are booked rack rate at a lower level room (e.g. standard view) than is currently available with the discount code.

Did you look at Beach Club Villas? You may be able to get a studio there with the Disney discount.

So excited!!!! I went to Sam's Club to buy a whole bunch of packs of $150 giftcards for $142.98, merged them all and paid off my trip!!!!! I saved over $100! Not a huge savings, but anything helps. I never have my trips paid off this soon! Flights are booked, dining adrs are booked, now we just wait for FP's! 173 days until our first stay at Beach Club!!!! Just had to share my excitement! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Really disappointed. The summer discount was released with up to 30% off for my dates; however, Beach Club is listed at only a 15% discount. When I called the lady told me adding the discount actually raised my package price, which makes no sense to me. She tried to tell me I already had a discount, but I have never applied a discount to my package and I booked way back in September. I saw that Yacht Club was listed under 30% off and asked to switch over there, but was told there was no availability during my dates. Needless to say I am frustrated and disappointed. Anyone have tips on this? Does more availability ever open up on these deals?

There was recently a discount promotion that was sent out to select recipients that actually was NOT a discount and had higher resort prices as the SALE prices. I don't know if it was a mistake or yet another miss- step by Disney parks leadership, which seems to have lost their collective minds lately.

Some other things to be careful about:
Ticket prices recently went up.

IF you make changes to packages that were booked before this price increase the changes may trigger a recalculation reflecting this latest price increase.

Same thing goes if you booked your trip before the latest round of resort price increases. These things may have applied to your situation and resulted in what looked like a "discount" to the CM.

Then there is the luck of the draw concerning the accuracy on the part of the CM that you were speaking with. Some of them know what they are talking about and some of them don't, just like in real life.

As far as availability is concerned, bookings are way up, so look for open times to be scarcer. I find that the best strategy is NOT to wait but to book your trip as far out as you can. A lot of people like to wait until the discounts come out to book their trip but then they are faced with the lack of availability problem.

Before all of this mega/multiple price increase insanity that has been taking place, conventional wisdom was to book your trip early and call to apply the discounts that came out later in time. With these price increases in park tickets and resort rates, the discount that is offered may actually result in you paying a higher price than the package that you originally booked, because the changes trigger a completely new reservation, which wipes out the discount that was offered because these new higher prices are reflected.

Overall I'd expect Disney to discontinue any meaningful discounts. Token discounts may be offered in the future but they will be extremely limited and probably useless with a low number offered or restrictions that will be placed on them. As an example Disney offered "free dining" that translated to one free COUNTER service meal per person, per day in a highly restrictive time frame. (Gee thanks Di$ney!) The reason that this is happening is that more and more people are booking trips, so there is no need to offer enticements to book a trip.

So what is a savvy BC/YC guest to do? We need to think outside the Disney Box and search for discounts elsewhere. If you can swing the dates, a magical discount may work for you. Selling a kidney or other spare internal organ is always an attractive option to deal with Disney's insatiable quest for huge profits. With all the cuts in entertainment, food quality and portion size, staffing and park hours it's looking like staying off site and renting a car is becoming an attractive option.

Orlando is an oyster and it's got a lot of exciting, reasonably priced pearls for us to enjoy. Disney seems to be pushing us out the door with it's cuts, construction delays and constant up charges and price increases. I think the time will come for many of us when we will have to consider spending more of our Orlando vacation days outside of the Disney Bubble. To me it seems like the guest centered, experience priority Disney of old is slipping away. The innovator in ~THE~ premier theme park experience is losing it's focus and shifting to a profits above all model.

This is happening just when all the competition is getting better and better at the game Disney invented. So try not to lose heart when you may find yourself unable to afford Disney prices anymore. There are a ton of reasonably priced resorts and activities available in the Orlando area. Be sure to beep at the mouse when you pass him by. I know my family and I will enjoy doing that. :thumbsup2

~NM

There was recently a discount promotion that was sent out to select recipients that actually was NOT a discount and had higher resort prices as the SALE prices. I don't know if it was a mistake or yet another miss- step by Disney parks leadership, which seems to have lost their collective minds lately.

IF you make changes to packages that were booked before this price increase the changes may trigger a recalculation reflecting this latest price increase.

Same thing goes if you booked your trip before the latest round of resort price increases. These things may have applied to your situation and resulted in what looked like a "discount" to the CM.

Then there is the luck of the draw concerning the accuracy on the part of the CM that you were speaking with. Some of them know what they are talking about and some of them don't, just like in real life.

As far as availability is concerned, bookings are way up, so look for open times to be scarcer. I find that the best strategy is NOT to wait but to book your trip as far out as you can. A lot of people like to wait until the discounts come out to book their trip but then they are faced with the lack of availability problem.

Before all of this mega/multiple price increase insanity that has been taking place, conventional wisdom was to book your trip early and call to apply the discounts that came out later in time. With these price increases in park tickets and resort rates, the discount that is offered may actually result in you paying a higher price than the package that you originally booked, because the changes trigger a completely new reservation, which wipes out the discount that was offered because these new higher prices are reflected.

Overall I'd expect Disney to discontinue any meaningful discounts. Token discounts may be offered in the future but they will be extremely limited and probably useless with a low number offered or restrictions that will be placed on them. As an example Disney offered "free dining" that translated to one free COUNTER service meal per person, per day in a highly restrictive time frame. (Gee thanks Di$ney!) The reason that this is happening is that more and more people are booking trips, so there is no need to offer enticements to book a trip.

So what is a savvy BC/YC guest to do? We need to think outside the Disney Box and search for discounts elsewhere. If you can swing the dates, a magical discount may work for you. Selling a kidney or other spare internal organ is always an attractive option to deal with Disney's insatiable quest for huge profits. With all the cuts in entertainment, food quality and portion size, staffing and park hours it's looking like staying off site and renting a car is becoming an attractive option.

Orlando is an oyster and it's got a lot of exciting, reasonably priced pearls for us to enjoy. Disney seems to be pushing us out the door with it's cuts, construction delays and constant up charges and price increases. I think the time will come for many of us when we will have to consider spending more of our Orlando vacation days outside of the Disney Bubble. To me it seems like the guest centered, experience priority Disney of old is slipping away. The innovator in ~THE~ premier theme park experience is losing it's focus and shifting to a profits above all model.

This is happening just when all the competition is getting better and better at the game Disney invented. So try not to lose heart when you may find yourself unable to afford Disney prices anymore. There are a ton of reasonably priced resorts and activities available in the Orlando area. Be sure to beep at the mouse when you pass him by. I know my family and I will enjoy doing that. :thumbsup2

~NM
Sad but true. The DTD hotels are a very good alternative. You still feel like you're in Wdw, you can walk to DTD, so loads of dining options. And their bus service is very good, running every 30 min continually. Many even have theme park views.
We arrived a day early one visit and stayed at the DTD Doubletree with a Mousesavers discount. Room discount and free breakfast. 1 bedroom suite for price of Pop room.
But if I didn't have a great deal, I would wait untill Wdw discounts come out untill I booked. Having resorts book up before discount releases lessens the possibility of getting one as we all know.
I'm still reeling from AP increase. I renewed before increase, but Ashley got caught the DAY they went up. I doubt we will renew next year.

We used to alternate WDW trips with Universal & Seaworld trip. Sometimes added in Busch Gardens too. May go back to that.

Last edited:

You could try checking sites like Orbitz and see if they have any availability with the discount. When the Spring discount came out I called Disney to try and get the discount applied and they said there was no availability to do that. I checked Orbitz and sure enough they had something. The only downside was with Orbitz I had to pay it all up front. Was worth it though to save a couple thousand dollars...

So, do you mean this entire time there have been no YC CL rooms available (or am I misunderstanding?)
Sorry, no, was just saying we couldn't book CL for Feb. in Dec., and I assumed it was because they were holding them out of inventory due to the planned refurb. Once it was announced that they were not starting in Jan., CL availability popped up for our dates (much closer to travel time). So my guess is they may have pulled all (or some) CL from inventory later in 2016 until the refurb schedule is determined. Definitely keep checking, but that may be the reason there is limited (or no) availability at this time.

Something is a bit off with the pricing. I booked Yacht Club Lagoon View CL on 3/13 at a price of $518 a night. I just checked again today to see if a less expensive view was available and now the same room, for the same dates, Lagoon View CL, is showing as $668 a night. To make it even more amusing, my passholder offer which I am looking under is showing me the $668 price, while the Spring offer is showing a lesser price...and my passholder discount is supposed to be more lol.

Anyway, I would check back later and see what the price is at.

Ok so we are staying at the BC in May. We tried to add a night on to our reservation and unfortunately there was not a room available so we are staying in the villas for 1 night before checking into the BC. My question is this. We need a room that has a daybed b/c it will be myself, my sister, my DS 14 and my DS 1. And sharing beds won't work. I requested a daybed on my reservation. Should I mention this again to the front desk on the evening we check in to the BCV? or wait till the morning we are moving over to the BC to start our stay there?

Ok so we are staying at the BC in May. We tried to add a night on to our reservation and unfortunately there was not a room available so we are staying in the villas for 1 night before checking into the BC. My question is this. We need a room that has a daybed b/c it will be myself, my sister, my DS 14 and my DS 1. And sharing beds won't work. I requested a daybed on my reservation. Should I mention this again to the front desk on the evening we check in to the BCV? or wait till the morning we are moving over to the BC to start our stay there?
You should mention this when you check into the BCV. They can look up your reservation and see if you have a daybed in your BC room. If you don't have a daybed then they can block off a room with a daybed so that it won't be given to anyone else. We routinely do this when we travel with family who are arriving on a later day than we are. :)

Anyone know what the character greetings will entail on Easter Morning? What characters and anyone know anything about the candy scramble or any of the other events? I somehow scored a reservation as BOG at 7:50 AM on easter morning, but wondering if I should cancel it and just do the resort activities? My kids are 11, 8 & 6 if that helps? Any experience would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, everyone,
After planning to stay at BC for last year's F&W and then having to cancel, I'm happy to announce that we are booked using rented points in BCV for January 5-January 9 in a studio. Me and DH along with our twin girls who will be 13. DH and I will be running the Goofy challenge and am really excited that my girls will be able to just go out on the boardwalk to watch us run by as we head toward the marathon finish!

This thread is so great and has wonderful information. I'm happy to see renovations have begun on the BCV side and am figuring they will all be done by the time we arrive in January. While my girls will be 13, they are pretty small in size and they hate to share a bed (I guess those 9 months in utero together did them in) and so I'm hoping with the refurbishments that we'll have the extra murphy bed for one of them to sleep on. At least I hope so. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes and all the great information!

We'll be at BCV the same time you are, actually 1/4 - 1/12 but are "only" running the 1/2 marathon. Seemed to have found our comfort zone with that distance and I managed to get the marathon off my bucket list in 2010, the year of the iced up water stations. You'll enjoy the location and should have a great time leading up to the Goofy Challenge and "hopefully" after :drinking1.

Not usually, but sometimes. It never hurts to keep trying. This is the problem that some run into when booking before discounts are released. The more rooms that are filled at rack rates means less rooms that are included in the discount.

I will keep my eye open. Thanks!

Call back and ask the CM to look for a discounted room on any of the dates of your stay (if you are willing to split your reservation). We could not get a non-CL room with a discount on a random Monday in June, but the next 4 nights were open. I gave up that one night. This was with a passholder discount, but when I checked the new deal, same problem, that 1 night is blocked off. Another option is to look at Orbitz. (And use promo code). For some resorts they have a different room category discounted than when Disney shows.

I will definitely check into this! Thanks for the tip!

It may be that your rate is going up because you are booked rack rate at a lower level room (e.g. standard view) than is currently available with the discount code.

Did you look at Beach Club Villas? You may be able to get a studio there with the Disney discount.

I think that is what happened. Since I booked way back in September, I know hotel rates and ticket rates have increased.

~NM

Thanks NinjaMom! I think that is exactly what happened. When I booked back in September it must have just been that much cheaper with all the increases they have added since then. The only reason we are staying deluxe this trip (my first time staying deluxe) is because it is our honeymoon. I doubt we will stick with deluxe in the future for normal trips.

You could try checking sites like Orbitz and see if they have any availability with the discount. When the Spring discount came out I called Disney to try and get the discount applied and they said there was no availability to do that. I checked Orbitz and sure enough they had something. The only downside was with Orbitz I had to pay it all up front. Was worth it though to save a couple thousand dollars...

I will check out Orbitz, never even considered looking on those types of sites.

Something is a bit off with the pricing. I booked Yacht Club Lagoon View CL on 3/13 at a price of $518 a night. I just checked again today to see if a less expensive view was available and now the same room, for the same dates, Lagoon View CL, is showing as $668 a night. To make it even more amusing, my passholder offer which I am looking under is showing me the $668 price, while the Spring offer is showing a lesser price...and my passholder discount is supposed to be more lol.

Anyway, I would check back later and see what the price is at.

I kinda thought the same thing about pricing...will definitely keep checking back. Thanks!

Hi everybody. Just checking in. Things are going good here in Vegas. House is ahead of schedule, I got good mammo results and am officially over the 5 year hurdle. We are heading to Huntington Beach on Saturday and will be visiting Disneyland too. I miss Bob and Florida so much but am adjusting to my new normal! I so miss my Disney friends and our chats in the lobby but now I chat with second graders .... Which makes me miss you all even more!!!! Hopefully when Lily and I are at WDW in September, we will run into a few of you!

Some ways it feels like yesterday and some ways it feels like eons ago.......

Glad you're getting settled in with the girls.

Anyone know what the character greetings will entail on Easter Morning? What characters and anyone know anything about the candy scramble or any of the other events? I somehow scored a reservation as BOG at 7:50 AM on easter morning, but wondering if I should cancel it and just do the resort activities? My kids are 11, 8 & 6 if that helps? Any experience would be greatly appreciated!
The characters start at 8:30 and the scramble at 9. We did it last year and it was great. I thought the scramble would be packed but it wasn't and we took home a lot of candy. We could have had more but after we filled a whole bag, we knew that was more than enough. Mickey helped my 2 year old get candy and that will always be a precious memory for me. So really, it just comes down to what's more important to you and your family. Also the closer you get to your dates, Espically 72-24 hours before, things will really start opening up on the dining. BOG gets cancelled a ton at this time because of people hoarding reservations, so you very we'll could find another time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter