Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can I book a week package at a resort and if I need to shorten it at a later date can I modify my reservation to a shorter stay??

I’m trying to decide If I just make a room only for the extra days I may need ( 9-13/ or 14th) can I add the extra park days onto my current 2 day park hopper ticket I have booked with our current package? (Oct 6-9 booked at YC) I’m trying to decide if I should put all the dates as a complete package or just tack on the extra dates I MAY require as a room only, then I can cancel it if our cruise Plans go ahead.

Last edited:
We land at 5:45 pm on Thursday night. Using Tony Hinds car service, no stops, to get us to BC. What is a realistic time to make dinner reservations? Thinking we could just drop or bags and go. I’ve been trying for beaches and cream but it’s currently booked. I’d like to stay in the boardwalk area. Nothing too late it’s just kids (10&12) and I. We have a full day planned at HS the next day.

We land at 5:45 pm on Thursday night. Using Tony Hinds car service, no stops, to get us to BC. What is a realistic time to make dinner reservations? Thinking we could just drop or bags and go. I’ve been trying for beaches and cream but it’s currently booked. I’d like to stay in the boardwalk area. Nothing too late it’s just kids (10&12) and I. We have a full day planned at HS the next day.
Ale & Compass is relatively easy to get a reservation for.

We take a Tiffany Town car service to YC every trip. Usually land anywhere from 8:30- 10:30 am. We’re 2 adults & are always row 7 or lower. We’re off the plane quick but do wait for checked luggage. We are usually pulling into YC about an hour after landing. However, I never make an ADR sooner than 2- 2.5 hours after landing. What if you’re in the back of the plane or your flight is delayed? 5:45 arrival might put you in rush hour traffic traveling to BC, no idea how much that will add to travel time.

Have you considered quick service instead of making a reservation? BC marketplace is pretty decent. Boardwalk Bakery has some nice sandwiches. And there is a fountain place at the Dolphin that’s similar to B&C. It’s walk in & has a nice variety. You can also order take out from Ale & Compass. You can even pick a time slot & put in your order earlier in the day. You check in & they make your order at the scheduled time. Then you can take your food back to your room, outside or to one of the tables at Beach Club solarium.

We take a Tiffany Town car service to YC every trip. Usually land anywhere from 8:30- 10:30 am. We’re 2 adults & are always row 7 or lower. We’re off the plane quick but do wait for checked luggage. We are usually pulling into YC about an hour after landing. However, I never make an ADR sooner than 2- 2.5 hours after landing. What if you’re in the back of the plane or your flight is delayed? 5:45 arrival might put you in rush hour traffic traveling to BC, no idea how much that will add to travel time.

Have you considered quick service instead of making a reservation? BC marketplace is pretty decent. Boardwalk Bakery has some nice sandwiches. And there is a fountain place at the Dolphin that’s similar to B&C. It’s walk in & has a nice variety. You can also order take out from Ale & Compass. You can even pick a time slot & put in your order earlier in the day. You check in & they make your order at the scheduled time. Then you can take your food back to your room, outside or to one of the tables at Beach Club solarium.
yes I’m thinking even grabbing something at Hurricane Hannah’s or I see Ale and Compass has a to go menu. I will check out the dolphin too. I forget that’s right there!
We won’t be checking bags but you’re right… 6pm is still probably part of rush hour!

If you think you might like Beaches & Cream, I agree with PP - try the Fountain restaurant at the Dolphin.

The Swan & Dolphin has its own app. It has menus and, more importantly, updated hours for the restaurants.

If you download it, you can tap on I AM ON PROPERTY.
Then tap on RESTAURANTS.
Then tap on CASUAL RESTAURANTS.
Then scroll down to The Fountain.

AFAIK, the Fountain does not take reservations. The Swan/Dolphin restaurants which take reservations are in the Signature Restaurants section, and have an Open Table Reservation button in the restaurant description.

Dee, I hope you and the rest of our Nor-Eastern BC/YC group stay safe and warm this weekend. Don't go traveling and keep that electric on. We have a balmy 5 degrees outside this morning in Southern Ohio but as least our 4" of snow is down on the ground and all is quiet and clear. Stay safe.
Katesdad

Dee, I hope you and the rest of our Nor-Eastern BC/YC group stay safe and warm this weekend. Don't go traveling and keep that electric on. We have a balmy 5 degrees outside this morning in Southern Ohio but as least our 4" of snow is down on the ground and all is quiet and clear. Stay safe.
Katesdad

And charge up your portable cell phone chargers!

(I buy them for use at Disney World, but I make sure they are charged whenever we are supposed to get a big storm at home, in case the power goes out. Fortunately, this storm is supposed to miss us.)

Katesdad
Still going sideways here in Southern CT! Bare ground in one spot and 2 foot drifts 10 feet away. I guess that's better than 10 foot drifts 2 feet away? Going out for my first pass with the snowblower now!

Still going sideways here in Southern CT! Bare ground in one spot and 2 foot drifts 10 feet away. I guess that's better than 10 foot drifts 2 feet away? Going out for my first pass with the snowblower now!

I live 20 miles north of Boston and it’s snowing and blowing full force here now. Not a flake of snow on my deck, walkway or driveway but you can barely see my neighbors car because of the drifting!!!

Katesdad

Thanks for thinking of me! I think we got about a foot of snow, light stuff. Didn't have to go anywhere this weekend, so there was a lot of cooking and now enjoying football.

Last edited:
Just about 2 months out from our 1 nter at the YC. It's the final night of a land/sea/land trip my wife and I are doing for my (gulp) 40th! Never stayed in the YC so can't wait. No parks, just relaxing, enjoying the resort/pool, etc. Just booked Ale and Compass for lunch on our arrival day, and Cape May for breakfast buffet on our check-out day.

I see that A&C just started their lunch service back so if anyone has any new reviews let me know!

Any other suggestions for a first-timer at YC?

Our June 2022 BC/BLT split is now a YC/BC/BLT split! I found our first couple of nights available under the YC discount that was released for summer, so moved the beginning there, followed by BC. I figure it should be a pretty easy move. And it's a nice compromise. We've never stayed at YC before, but DS has been begging to for years. However, DD's favorite resort is BC and the rest of us love it too, so we've never been able to bring ourselves to jump over to the YC side. This allows us to try YC and still have BC to look forward to immediately after. This will be our 3rd triple split stay in a row, but the difference is I had a baby in April, so will be the first time with a very little one in tow (our older kids will be 14 and almost 12 when we go). 😬 Wish us luck!

Last edited:
I would have been so disappointed if this happened during my trip. I don't know why, but I love those stairs! My kids even make jokes about it.

Yup, me too. So handy if your room is on the 2nd floor. Just walked these stairs this morning and didn’t see anything amiss, so must just be scheduled maintenance. Good thing the elevators are usually very quick.

Ale & Compass Lounge was scheduled to be going down for refurb this week too, but is still open as of right now.

Yup, me too. So handy if your room is on the 2nd floor. Just walked these stairs this morning and didn’t see anything amiss, so must just be scheduled maintenance. Good thing the elevators are usually very quick.

Ale & Compass Lounge was scheduled to be going down for refurb this week too, but is still open as of right now.
Do you know how long the A&C Lounge is expected to be down?

Do you know how long the A&C Lounge is expected to be down?
I previously posted about roof maintenance affecting some of the first floor of the YC. I don’t think a completion date has been mentioned for the work and reopening of the A&C Lounge. The A&C brunch apparently was temporarily moved to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, due to the work.

Roof maintenance will affect some first floor areas of YC

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter