Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is the quiet pool a lap pool? Does Disney even have lap pools? I swim at my gym's indoor pool 3 times a week so would like to keep up with my exercise regimen at least once or twice while I'm at Disney.
The quiet pools are not lap pools. Having said that, you can still swim "laps" in them if the crowd levels allow. I've seen early morning swimmers doing their laps in the Dunes Cove quiet pool at the BCVs. On any given day, after 10 or 11 AM you will be subject to obstacles [other guests] casually using the pool. The only lap pool that I'm aware of on Disney property is at The Dolphin resort.

Last edited:
We are arriving at BC next week pretty early. I've already done the online check in, and we'll probably arrive by 9am. Since we probably won't be able to get into our room until later in the afternoon, can we still get wristbands for the pool? We had planned on just hanging out at the resort area.

Edited to add: Is there someplace I can check to see what the general cost if for the arts & crafts activities they run?

I am a member of a group for YC/BC on Facebook and I think I know the post the other poster is talking about.

A few weeks ago a member of that group said they would be staying at YC/BC and they have family local to the Orlando area. They wanted to know if their family could also join them at SAB.
Today that poster updated saying that she was told that guest passes for SAB are given out daily and there was no way to reserve in advance, and no guarantees.

I wonder who told her that. Some random person who doesn't know much about Disney? A castmember who was wrong?

I have been on the Yacht & Beach Club threads since 2009 and I have never heard of being able to get guest passes for SAB. If it were allowed, I can't believe we wouldn't have seen it on here.

I don't believe this is true unless NateBenMa tells me I'm wrong.

I wonder who told her that. Some random person who doesn't know much about Disney? A castmember who was wrong?

I have been on the Yacht & Beach Club threads since 2009 and I have never heard of being able to get guest passes for SAB. If it were allowed, I can't believe we wouldn't have seen it on here.

I don't believe this is true unless NateBenMa tells me I'm wrong.

I totally agree, which is why I posted on here; I believe if it were the case, we would know here.

Hopefully @natebenma can confirm or deny. I know she has connections. :thumbsup2

We are arriving at BC next week pretty early. I've already done the online check in, and we'll probably arrive by 9am. Since we probably won't be able to get into our room until later in the afternoon, can we still get wristbands for the pool? We had planned on just hanging out at the resort area.

Edited to add: Is there someplace I can check to see what the general cost if for the arts & crafts activities they run?

You'll be able to get SAB wristbands the day of your check in. If you already have your Magic bands then they'll scan those at one of the SAB entrances and set you up with your wristbands. If you don't have your Magic bands then simply go to the front desk and you'll be issued some.
I can't answer the cost question for the arts and crafts activities, but would guess in the $10 - $20 range depending on the project.

Are the friendship boats ecv accessible? My sister is coming with us on her first Disney vacation and using boat transportation was one of the things we were looking forward to doing, but she has a serious foot injury and needs to now rent an ecv. Also, does anyone know the ecv accessibility of the boats for the Magic Kingdom resorts?

Are the friendship boats ecv accessible? My sister is coming with us on her first Disney vacation and using boat transportation was one of the things we were looking forward to doing, but she has a serious foot injury and needs to now rent an ecv. Also, does anyone know the ecv accessibility of the boats for the Magic Kingdom resorts?
Yes they are.
Which MK Boats?

You'll be able to get SAB wristbands the day of your check in. If you already have your Magic bands then they'll scan those at one of the SAB entrances and set you up with your wristbands. If you don't have your Magic bands then simply go to the front desk and you'll be issued some.
I can't answer the cost question for the arts and crafts activities, but would guess in the $10 - $20 range depending on the project.

Thanks! I completely forgot that the MB will work at the gate!

Is the quiet pool a lap pool? Does Disney even have lap pools? I swim at my gym's indoor pool 3 times a week so would like to keep up with my exercise regimen at least once or twice while I'm at Disney.

You can swim "laps" in Stormalong Bay! Go out towards the windmill, and you will see a section where you can swim from the wall closest to the Windmill all the way to the wall closest to the yacht club hotel. It's about 25 meters. I did laps, uninterrupted, for about 30 minutes one day around 1pm, while my kids played in the sandbar area. I imagine in the morning, it is even easier. It was a pretty good workout due to the current generated by the waterfall over there.

It is just myself and my husband and we love SAB. It is the only pool on property that I even consistently get in. At the other pools I just sit in my lounger while my husband swims and uses the slide, but I love the lazy river at SAB and the feel of the sand bottom helps my tired feet. Some people find it chaotic, but the only area that I have found that I would consistently avoid due to chaos is the shallower area where the small children play and the hot tub closest to that area. Otherwise, I have always been able to find a nice relaxing spot to hang out and drink/read my book/drink. We don't use the poolside service as I usually get custom drinks or extra shots or whatever so I like to chat with the bartender. That said, it is a pool at Disney so there will be lots of people and kids, if any amount of kids' pool noise would make your time unenjoyable then you likely will not enjoy SAB.

I swear the sand does wonders for the feet!!! I started with plantar faciatis about 2 weeks before we left and every day during our mid day break I would swim and just rub my feet in the sand. HEAVEN!!

And I don't think the pool is chaotic either. Yes where the volleyball net is and towards the slide but that is it. My kids hand there and I swim the other side of the bridge in peace.

Chaotic was the Poly pool with the kids jumping over you. And yes I have kids but I wish parents would tell their kids to stop jumping!

We did Mickey Tye Dyes when we moved to the Poly and I am pretty sure they were $18, the string bags were a little less. I can't recall the cost of the ceramics but like someone posted it is all in that price range. Oh and I used my MB to pay.

The Friendship boats allow EVC in the Epcot resorts area. I only know this because we got on one and there was someone waiting. I think they can only take one per boat, or that is what I thought I heard the captain saying. Some lady was waiting but she had to wait for the next boat because there was already one EVC on board.

you get wristbanded at SAB in addition to a magic band scan? are they plastic wristbands? does that mean i should pack scissors? :/

you get wristbanded at SAB in addition to a magic band scan? are they plastic wristbands? does that mean i should pack scissors? :/
Yes, the wristband is in addition to the MB scan. It's a synthetic paper [Tyvek?] band that can be ripped off or with proper maneuvering can be slid off over your wrist.

I swear the sand does wonders for the feet!!! I started with plantar faciatis about 2 weeks before we left and every day during our mid day break I would swim and just rub my feet in the sand. HEAVEN!!

And I don't think the pool is chaotic either. Yes where the volleyball net is and towards the slide but that is it. My kids hand there and I swim the other side of the bridge in peace.

Chaotic was the Poly pool with the kids jumping over you. And yes I have kids but I wish parents would tell their kids to stop jumping!

We did Mickey Tye Dyes when we moved to the Poly and I am pretty sure they were $18, the string bags were a little less. I can't recall the cost of the ceramics but like someone posted it is all in that price range. Oh and I used my MB to pay.

The Friendship boats allow EVC in the Epcot resorts area. I only know this because we got on one and there was someone waiting. I think they can only take one per boat, or that is what I thought I heard the captain saying. Some lady was waiting but she had to wait for the next boat because there was already one EVC on board.
The Friendship Boats can take 2 ECV,s/wheelchairs at a time

[QUOTE="
[/QUOTE]

Thank you ! This is helpful. I know the kids will want to do some of these and I want to be prepared before I accidentally spend $500 on crafts on top of the already $3,000,000 we're already gotten ourselves into!

[QUOTE="

Thank you ! This is helpful. I know the kids will want to do some of these and I want to be prepared before I accidentally spend $500 on crafts on top of the already $3,000,000 we're already gotten ourselves into!

$3,000,000? I'm adoptable.

Last edited:
Yes, the wristband is in addition to the MB scan. It's a synthetic paper [Tyvek?] band that can be ripped off or with proper maneuvering can be slid off over your wrist.
I didn’t know there was a second wristband but it makes sense.
[QUOTE="

Thank you ! This is helpful. I know the kids will want to do some of these and I want to be prepared before I accidentally spend $500 on crafts on top of the already $3,000,000 we're already gotten ourselves into![/QUOTE]
3,000,000?! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter