Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome: back!

Standard view rooms will either look over a flat rooftop or a parking lot. I think that your best bet to avoid a rooftop view would be to ask to be facing the front entrance parking lot. The only problem with that may be noise if you are very close to the front entrance. Some past guests have reported that some of those rooms may hear noise from the Magical Express or other buses that come through.

"Room with daybed preferred, facing front entrance parking lot, if possible."

Let us know if you book at the resort to ring in the New Year.

:goodvibes

Thank you.

We have just booked up. We are staying at the contemporary in a theme park room over Christmas then moving to the beach club. We went for a garden/ woods view instead of standard. Any advice on what requests to put in? Should I just ask for a room facing the lake side of the resort? I’m not sure a full balcony will Be that big a deal for us over New Year.

It feels like forever (2014) since we stayed at yacht club, we loved it and hoping we like the beach club just as much.

Just to say as well you do such a great job on this thread. It’s one of the most helpful ones I’ve come across.

2 days until our visit!! Its my (and my moms) first visit since 2000 and my wife and kids first ever visit! A lot has changed since 2000. Last run we stayed at all star movies which was great than but we are looking forward to the Yacht club with its amazing pool and proximity to epcot/dhs. I managed to snag us free dining as well which we upgraded to deluxe. We are gonna manage to fit in 80% of the signature dinings during our trip as well as DAH and MNSSHP.

Wish us luck!

They do something like this at the POR/POFQ resorts. I think it is a great idea and lots of fun for runners. :)
I realized we won’t be able to do it after all. We will be staying at pop that day and check into bc the day after the run.

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype as an adult? I am staying there for the first time since I was 10 (I am now 34!) with my husband for our first anniversary. We want this trip to be slightly more relaxing than others so I have some open time planned for a few of our days so we can hang by the pool. Has anyone gone as adults only and enjoyed the pool?

Also - does anyone have experience with the blow outs at the spa? My anniversary is 9/23 so was thinking ti might be nice to get a blow out that day. We have dinner planned at California Grill, and I am actually trying DESPERATELY to find a brunch opening (with no luck yet!), so I thought it might be a nice day to avoid my humidity frizzed hair!

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype as an adult? I am staying there for the first time since I was 10 (I am now 34!) with my husband for our first anniversary. We want this trip to be slightly more relaxing than others so I have some open time planned for a few of our days so we can hang by the pool. Has anyone gone as adults only and enjoyed the pool?

Also - does anyone have experience with the blow outs at the spa? My anniversary is 9/23 so was thinking ti might be nice to get a blow out that day. We have dinner planned at California Grill, and I am actually trying DESPERATELY to find a brunch opening (with no luck yet!), so I thought it might be a nice day to avoid my humidity frizzed hair!
Dh and I are staying there for the first time in October and I can’t wait to use the pool! It looks so fun. I love swimming in any pool so SAB looks so fun with the slide and sand on the bottom.

We've gone to SAB many times without kids and it is a nice place to spend some time. We like the lazy river and the fact that there are waiters who will bring your food and drinks to you. But you might be disappointed if you expect it to be really fantastic. There are other resort pools that are nice, too. Sometimes we prefer the quiet pool if we just want to relax and cool off.

I'm going to look on Touring Plans, but does anyone have recommendations on a water view room request at YC? I would like a balcony and to be looking at the Lagoon, not the pool, if possible.

I don't like pools that much, but I definitely enjoy SAB! I definitely don't mind spending a day or two there, plus, as @Wood Nymph mentionned, there are waiters if you need anything they will bring it to you. The pool is also super convenient as it's close to both resorts food court, and there is also a Rapid Fill station just outside, near the pool bar.

It is just myself and my husband and we love SAB. It is the only pool on property that I even consistently get in. At the other pools I just sit in my lounger while my husband swims and uses the slide, but I love the lazy river at SAB and the feel of the sand bottom helps my tired feet. Some people find it chaotic, but the only area that I have found that I would consistently avoid due to chaos is the shallower area where the small children play and the hot tub closest to that area. Otherwise, I have always been able to find a nice relaxing spot to hang out and drink/read my book/drink. We don't use the poolside service as I usually get custom drinks or extra shots or whatever so I like to chat with the bartender. That said, it is a pool at Disney so there will be lots of people and kids, if any amount of kids' pool noise would make your time unenjoyable then you likely will not enjoy SAB.

I just saw a post on FB about guest passes at SAB. Is this something new? I thought only guests staying at the resort could use the pool.

I did not read through the last couple of pages, so I’m sorry if this has already been discussed.

I just saw a post on FB about guest passes at SAB. Is this something new? I thought only guests staying at the resort could use the pool.

I did not read through the last couple of pages, so I’m sorry if this has already been discussed.
I haven’t read anything about that. I hope that’s not a new thing.

Never heard of such a thing. I wonder if it was a mistake.

I am in some Facebook groups which are unrelated to Disney, and over time the posts go something like this, to make up an example:
- Wouldn't it be cool if lions had green stripes?
- I can't remember exactly but I read something somewhere about lions having green stripes.
- Lions have green stripes!

Neither have I. Unless someone was perhaps talking about adding a day guest to their room and then needing to have a guest pool pass issued for them?
I am a member of a group for YC/BC on Facebook and I think I know the post the other poster is talking about.

A few weeks ago a member of that group said they would be staying at YC/BC and they have family local to the Orlando area. They wanted to know if their family could also join them at SAB.
Today that poster updated saying that she was told that guest passes for SAB are given out daily and there was no way to reserve in advance, and no guarantees.

I am a member of a group for YC/BC on Facebook and I think I know the post the other poster is talking about.

A few weeks ago a member of that group said they would be staying at YC/BC and they have family local to the Orlando area. They wanted to know if their family could also join them at SAB.
Today that poster updated saying that she was told that guest passes for SAB are given out daily and there was no way to reserve in advance, and no guarantees.

Yes, this is the post I’m talking about.

Is the quiet pool a lap pool? Does Disney even have lap pools? I swim at my gym's indoor pool 3 times a week so would like to keep up with my exercise regimen at least once or twice while I'm at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter