• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When you go to the ‘request room’ page on your trip that you’ve created in TP, just pick any room that looks good. Then when it goes back to your trip dashboard, the ‘request room’ will now be ‘configure fax’ instead. In the sections where TP has described your room request (two boxes) delete what they’ve written and type in your own words to describe what you want, in this case ‘king bed please’ or something to that effect. Keep it simple to avoid confusion. Fill in the rest of the necessary information and press save. They’ll fax that request about 5-7 day’s before checkin.

We always call in a request for a king bed and do the TP fax, and if it’s CL we get DSS to make a note too. As long as you request the same thing with each place, it can’t hurt to make sure they know what your preferences are.
Thank you! Just completed the fax form. I changed the text and just asked for a king room. My TA had put it in the reservation for me but I also wanted to send in a request as well just to cover my bases and know I made all the effort. I know it’s not so likely to be granted. I’m hoping because we just have a 2 night stay we might have a shot. Thanks again!

Thank you! Just completed the fax form. I changed the text and just asked for a king room. My TA had put it in the reservation for me but I also wanted to send in a request as well just to cover my bases and know I made all the effort. I know it’s not so likely to be granted. I’m hoping because we just have a 2 night stay we might have a shot. Thanks again!
I am usually pleasantly surprised at how close they are to get to my desired room (and I never give them a room number, just two preferences). For this trip I asked to be on an upper floor, near an elevator. I was indeed on the 4th floor and maybe 2 rooms away and down a very short hallway (the length of one room) from an elevator. Granted, it wasn't the main elevator to the lobby but I didn't ask for that specifically either so I have absolutely no complaints.

I used the touring plans request form in June. Asked for a king room for an 8 night stay and got it no problem. We had to switch rooms and they offered us a different king size room.

Did the September events schedule get released yet? So excited for my stay, it's been a year since I've been to my home resort of YC!!

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype as an adult? I am staying there for the first time since I was 10 (I am now 34!) with my husband for our first anniversary. We want this trip to be slightly more relaxing than others so I have some open time planned for a few of our days so we can hang by the pool. Has anyone gone as adults only and enjoyed the pool?

Also - does anyone have experience with the blow outs at the spa? My anniversary is 9/23 so was thinking ti might be nice to get a blow out that day. We have dinner planned at California Grill, and I am actually trying DESPERATELY to find a brunch opening (with no luck yet!), so I thought it might be a nice day to avoid my humidity frizzed hair!

My husband and I have done several Adults-only trips to BC and YC and we love SAB! All of our AO trips have been in the month of October for F&W where we tend to tour less in the other parks and spend a good portion of our days at the pool. As for the spa.. I can't comment as I have always done my own crazy hair! Enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary!

It is just myself and my husband and we love SAB. It is the only pool on property that I even consistently get in. At the other pools I just sit in my lounger while my husband swims and uses the slide, but I love the lazy river at SAB and the feel of the sand bottom helps my tired feet. Some people find it chaotic, but the only area that I have found that I would consistently avoid due to chaos is the shallower area where the small children play and the hot tub closest to that area. Otherwise, I have always been able to find a nice relaxing spot to hang out and drink/read my book/drink. We don't use the poolside service as I usually get custom drinks or extra shots or whatever so I like to chat with the bartender. That said, it is a pool at Disney so there will be lots of people and kids, if any amount of kids' pool noise would make your time unenjoyable then you likely will not enjoy SAB.
Agree! I love SAB, even as a solo. I haven't played in the shallow area with the sand, but I have joined big games of volleyball before. The slide is super fun and I usually don't have an issue finding a chair to relax & read. Only once did I have a slightly bad experience & it was when a mom brought her kids into the adults-only hot tub (where 3 or so couples were enjoying some quiet time with drinks) and loudly said "It doesn't matter" when her law-abiding young daughter pointed out the sign. :crazy2:

Agree! I love SAB, even as a solo. I haven't played in the shallow area with the sand, but I have joined big games of volleyball before. The slide is super fun and I usually don't have an issue finding a chair to relax & read. Only once did I have a slightly bad experience & it was when a mom brought her kids into the adults-only hot tub (where 3 or so couples were enjoying some quiet time with drinks) and loudly said "It doesn't matter" when her law-abiding young daughter pointed out the sign. :crazy2:

Yeah, I love hot tubs but I have yet to be in one at Disney where there weren't kids jumping, splashing and even trying to swim, it does not make for a relaxing time and I have yet to see a parent actively discourage their children from doing any of this.

My choices (when the drop down menu appeared even though the feature wasn’t working) were: top floor, ground floor, upper floor, near elevator, large balcony. There may have been one other that I don’t remember.

The key to success is to pick the one most important thing and then a second thing and leave it at that. Also be sure the two things go together along with the view you’ve booked. For example, you can’t gave a large balcony on the ground floor (you’d have a patio on the ground floor).

How many days in advance of your trip are you able to make the requests online? I have a drop down, but no options appear when I click it.

The online check in requests have been totally broken for a while now. If you want to make a request I suggest calling.

Exactly this. Call and someone will add the requests. I typically do this somewhere in the 30 day range. Rooms are not assigned until about 5 days prior to arrival.

All Ears reports a portion of the stormalong bay pool being closed for cabanas. Does anybody know which portion?

All Ears reports a portion of the stormalong bay pool being closed for cabanas. Does anybody know which portion?
If I was going to guess then I would guess the area between the shallow, sandy kids pool and the Yacht Club sidewalk. That area seems like it would be big enough for cabanas. This has only been a rumor so far.

If I was going to guess then I would guess the area between the shallow, sandy kids pool and the Yacht Club sidewalk. That area seems like it would be big enough for cabanas. This has only been a rumor so far.

That’s my guess as well. There was no sign of construction there last week. I didn’t notice any of the pool areas blocked off or closed either.

I am considering booking a standard room for next year (assuming availability of offer; thinking ahead) at BC. Other categories (garden, water) would not be available. I understand fully that it's parking lot or rooftop views. I think we had a parking lot view at YC a few years ago under this same deal that faced the entrance. It really wasn't too bad. You see a bit of the building, trees around, etc. My question is, are most standard rooms at BC awful? I looked around TP and a major problem with the BC room views is that I can't tell if they have a full balcony. Some of them have a rooftop view with A/C systems, etc., but have a partial view of SAB. So, not too bad. But, do some fall under the portico with the Juliet balconies? Those would be pretty dark. Opinions?

I am considering booking a standard room for next year (assuming availability of offer; thinking ahead) at BC. Other categories (garden, water) would not be available. I understand fully that it's parking lot or rooftop views. I think we had a parking lot view at YC a few years ago under this same deal that faced the entrance. It really wasn't too bad. You see a bit of the building, trees around, etc. My question is, are most standard rooms at BC awful? I looked around TP and a major problem with the BC room views is that I can't tell if they have a full balcony. Some of them have a rooftop view with A/C systems, etc., but have a partial view of SAB. So, not too bad. But, do some fall under the portico with the Juliet balconies? Those would be pretty dark. Opinions?
We have stayed in a standard view room at the BC three or four times and all of them have been on the side that faced Storm Along Bay. I really like that view and don't mind the roof at all. We could see the Star Wars fireworks from two of the rooms.

You have a 50/50 chance of getting a full balcony with the standard view rooms over the big, flat roof. Most of the rooms on the third floor have a full balcony and most of the rooms on the fourth floor have the standing balcony. The rooms on the fifth floor are club level rooms. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter