Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

minie_meese

DIS Veteran
My cabana rental showed up on my cc right after I finished the rental phone call. The cabana rental with the confirmation showed up in my MDE at the same time.
ditto for mine - it shows up on my plan for the day with 3 stars to the left of the entry which is the symbol used for Special Events & Tours. I did nothing to make it show up. The order appears to be in order of time. Our rental is an AM half day whcih starts at 10AM. We have something else at 8AM which shows up before the cabana rental. Our fast passes that day start at 4 so they show up after.

minie_meese

DIS Veteran
They have distilled water at the Marketplace but you have to ask for it. They don't have it on the shelves. :)
When we stayed at the Boardwalk last fall they had distilled water on the shelf and no spring water. I had to ask for Spring water. I almost purchased the distilled water by accident.

• jemtx

Mouseketeer
    Any major difference btwn the club level at YC or BC. I know balconies are a difference, but any major differences btwn the lounges thrmselves, size, offerings?

DigitalOlli

Mouseketeer
    We made some changes to our reservations and will stay 3 nights at the beach club instead of 2 at the WL in June
    We book the new offer with the Gift Card.

A few questions.

We made our Reservations for the WL Stay and now i have to change a bit.
    We hat a Dining Reservation at Crystal Palace for Breakfast at 9 am. How long is the transfer by Bus from the BC to MK?

We book a garden view room, do you have any tips for room request?

And any more tips for the Beach Club?

LMO429

DIS Veteran
    We will be at the beach club october 18 to the 30th. I just booked a Cabana for the Yacht/Beach Club. It says cabana 2? What does that mean the second cabana? Hopefully we will have better luck with the beach club cabana than the grand. We were at the grand last week and the cabana was infested with love bugs they gave us our money back. Hoping for a nice day in October so we can finally enjoy a down time day.

marie8461

Mouseketeer
    We will be staying at the Beach Club in a standard room for a week in November and am wondering what the best way is to make the best use of the 1456 pages of this thread? It is a bit intimidating! I started to read the first few pages, but then jumped to the end! One of the questions I have is about room requests. I see that many people suggest asking for a full balcony. I think location might be even more important to me. I stayed at the Beach Club (quite a few years ago) and remember walking down what seemed like endless hallways to get anywhere. What would be the best way to frame a request so that we have a shorter walk to things? Was thinking of asking for a room near an elevator, but am concerned that that might be noisy. Thanks.

• natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    We will be staying at the Beach Club in a standard room for a week in November and am wondering what the best way is to make the best use of the 1456 pages of this thread? It is a bit intimidating! I started to read the first few pages, but then jumped to the end! One of the questions I have is about room requests. I see that many people suggest asking for a full balcony. I think location might be even more important to me. I stayed at the Beach Club (quite a few years ago) and remember walking down what seemed like endless hallways to get anywhere. What would be the best way to frame a request so that we have a shorter walk to things? Was thinking of asking for a room near an elevator, but am concerned that that might be noisy. Thanks.
    :welcome:

I'm glad you asked! (and it seems like you have already followed the advice below)

My recommendation is to check out the first page (particularly Post 1- intro, Post 13- FAQ and Post 14- Other Useful Info). Post 1 has an index of links so you can check out things of particular interest. Catch up on the last 10 pages or so of posts to see what's new. I try to update the first page as often as I can with any new info. Then, if there are other things you are interested in reading about, use the "search" feature.

And as always, please ask any questions you have if you need more info.

For a request, if the location is your primary concern then "Close to lobby, please" That will prioritize your room to be near the lobby/pool/transportation.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15. What view category have you booked?

:cool1:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Aristocats Happy Mothers Day.jpg

Sorry I am a little late with the greeting.

Busy morning here- Nate returned from New Zealand yesterday, it is Ben's 18th BD and today was the first morning to book Fast Passes for the 8th grade trip- I am helping with the 6 girls groups, 74 people.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

:flower1:

• MickeyT

DIS Veteran
    View attachment 400165

Sorry I am a little late with the greeting.

Busy morning here- Nate returned from New Zealand yesterday, it is Ben's 18th BD and today was the first morning to book Fast Passes for the 8th grade trip- I am helping with the 6 girls groups, 74 people.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

:flower1:
    :daisy:Hence the name that stuck forever. Happy Mothers Day natebenma!:daisy:

cinnaminny

DIS Veteran
    When it comes to Valet parking, does anyone know if its 33 dollars per day just to keep your car there, or can you move your car in and out as many times as you like with the valet fee/cost (of course add a tip)

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
    We will be staying at the Beach Club in a standard room for a week in November and am wondering what the best way is to make the best use of the 1456 pages of this thread? It is a bit intimidating! I started to read the first few pages, but then jumped to the end
    :welcome: I think that is exactly the best way to use this thread. Dee keeps the first few posts up to date. And posters report back on current stays all the time, so you get lots of real time information. Read along & ask questions as they come up. Everyone here is happy to help!

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
    When we stay at the BC (and YC, too), we always request close to lobby.

ScubaCat

DIS Veteran

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    :daisy:Hence the name that stuck forever. Happy Mothers Day natebenma!:daisy:
    As you probably know, I have a bit of "screen name regret".

I never dreamed I would be as active as I am on this site, and I totally would have chosen "Beach Club Dee" as a moniker if I knew then what I know now.

But honoring my kiddos with my forever name here is not a bad thing either.

Wishing a happy mothers day to the wonderful women in your life!

:hug:

dansdad

DIS Veteran
    As you probably know, I have a bit of "screen name regret".

I never dreamed I would be as active as I am on this site, and I totally would have chosen "Beach Club Dee" as a moniker if I knew then what I know now.

But honoring my kiddos with my forever name here is not a bad thing either.

Wishing a happy mothers day to the wonderful women in your life!

:hug:
    I'm sure you've been called Nate about as many times as I have been called Dan. :rotfl2: I should have talked to you before I chose mine too. But like you, honoring my son is a good thing.

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Cabana Construction History
    (link to be added to Page 1, Post 2)

Yes, We Have No Cabanas! (But coming soon...) :banana::banana::banana:

According to reports in mid-January, installation of cabanas at Stormalong Bay has started

October 2018, we have heard that this project has been cancelled.

Summer 2018:

According to an information website for travel agents, a very small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool will be closed in order to make way for new cabanas. The remainder of the area will remain in full operation. During this time, it is possible that Guests may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00am.

The area is on the YC side of the pool, next to the shallow, kiddie sandbar area.

* Mid-August – Fall 2018* There are also reports that the cabana installation has been postponed until later in 2018. Not much info has been posted by Disney.

Cabana Location

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Past Pool Hours
    (link to be added to Page 1, Post 2)

2018:

December 10 am to 8 pm

October 9 am to 9 pm (maybe 10 pm earlier in the month and on weekends)
    June, July, August, early Sept 9 am to 11 pm
    April, May ??? closing at 10 pm, I believe
    January, February, March 10 am to 8 pm

2017:
    October: 9 am to 10 pm (some weekends), 9 am to 9 pm end of month
    September:
    August: 9 am to 10 pm
    July
    June
    May
    April, 9 am to 10 pm
    March, 9 am to 10 pm
    February, ???
    January, 10 am to 8 pm

2016:
    early Aug, 9 am to 10 pm
    July, 9 am to 10 pm
    June, 9 am to 10 pm
    early March, 9 am to 10 pm
    late February, 10 am to 8 pm
    January 2016, ???

2015, 2014:
    mid-Dec 2015, 9am to 10 pm
    late August 2015, 9 am to 11 pm

Guests in November 2014 report SAB operating hours of 9 am to 10 pm.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS