Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get a nature view room with the annual pass discount for our trip - August 23-27th. I am really excited to be back at one of our favorite resorts. I love watching fireworks from WL and there will be Halloween fireworks to watch on one of our nights. We'll also go to MK for Enchantment one night. The boat back from MK after fireworks beats any bus ride. :)

Okay I’m so bad 😅 Sooooo I may have changed our stay at POFQ at the end of the month to WL…..I had initially purchased the WL Magic Band to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday in October but we decided to take a trip at the end of July instead so I figured this would be a good time with the AP discount to pull it off. He still thinks we’re staying at POFQ (which I actually was excited to try) but we love it at WL and it’ll be a fun surprise.

Okay I’m so bad 😅 Sooooo I may have changed our stay at POFQ at the end of the month to WL…..I had initially purchased the WL Magic Band to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday in October but we decided to take a trip at the end of July instead so I figured this would be a good time with the AP discount to pull it off. He still thinks we’re staying at POFQ (which I actually was excited to try) but we love it at WL and it’ll be a fun surprise.
...kewl beans! :thumbsup2

258131d2-41d9-4a96-8d4e-2d6d6343b9a2-jpeg.682394
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgJRVsYDvrf-mJbiX7kC0PlqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

Yup.

....WAIT! Does that mean we were staying there at the same time??
Looks like it! I don’t post when I’m going on vacation as a rule, but once I’m back I start posting sometimes… We were there over the holiday + some days.

We just changed our trip from POFQ to WL but for next April. We love both resorts but since we think this will be my mom's last trip, we'll stay at her top choice

We just changed our trip from POFQ to WL but for next April. We love both resorts but since we think this will be my mom's last trip, we'll stay at her top choice
That's awesome! I do hope to try POFQ one day but I'll use any excuse to stay at WL lol. There's just no place else like it for me.

Do the characters show up at WL often? My DD14 was just saying last night how she wanted to recreate a photo she has with Tigger from when she was 5. We had eaten at the Crystal Palace and that's where she saw him. I don't think there is anywhere to meet Tigger right now...but if he randomly showed up at our resort, it would make her trip!

We've seen characters at WL on our last two trips. Once on a rainy afternoon about 10 characters came into the lobby. It was amazing!On our last trip last November, two of the characters were waving to people outside from above the waterfall, but I didn't see them come down to greet people.

We've seen characters at WL on our last two trips. Once on a rainy afternoon about 10 characters came into the lobby. It was amazing!On our last trip last November, two of the characters were waving to people outside from above the waterfall, but I didn't see them come down to greet people.
In December they were above the waterfall. Goofy and Pluto. Sorry my photos not real clear.

Attachments

• 6E4D658B-7D2D-4051-B713-F5A2152458B7.jpeg
    6E4D658B-7D2D-4051-B713-F5A2152458B7.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 8F2B890F-FF48-4CA5-8FD7-6B997F0AD234.jpeg
    8F2B890F-FF48-4CA5-8FD7-6B997F0AD234.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Do the characters come at a specific time during the day when it happens? This would be great to see during our upcoming trip.

Do the characters show up at WL often? My DD14 was just saying last night how she wanted to recreate a photo she has with Tigger from when she was 5. We had eaten at the Crystal Palace and that's where she saw him. I don't think there is anywhere to meet Tigger right now...but if he randomly showed up at our resort, it would make her trip!

Do the characters come at a specific time during the day when it happens? This would be great to see during our upcoming trip.

We have seen them in the WL lobby in the early afternoons. I've never seen any kind of a schedule for them.

I know these "is this worth it?" questions are relative and kind of annoying, so apologies in advance--I'd just really love some input from WL veterans on our August trip.

Right now we are scheduled to drive in on a Monday morning and stay Tuesday and Wednesday night. We're planning to stay at the halfway point of the drive on Sunday night so we can get there earlier on Monday and go right to the parks.

Should we just extend our stay, drive the whole way on Sunday, and stay at WL on Sunday night? This would give us a little more hotel time, because we could arrive as early as 3-4pm. But, obviously it's more expensive. Do you all think it would increase the overall magic of the trip to start WDW immersion the night before, have some late day pool time, and wake up in WL to rope drop the parks? (I mean, yes, it obviously would--but "worth" the cost?)

My daughter (9) has also never stayed at a Deluxe hotel and I haven't since 2006, so there's that. I'm still torn on that value!

I know these "is this worth it?" questions are relative and kind of annoying, so apologies in advance--I'd just really love some input from WL veterans on our August trip.

Right now we are scheduled to drive in on a Monday morning and stay Tuesday and Wednesday night. We're planning to stay at the halfway point of the drive on Sunday night so we can get there earlier on Monday and go right to the parks.

Should we just extend our stay, drive the whole way on Sunday, and stay at WL on Sunday night? This would give us a little more hotel time, because we could arrive as early as 3-4pm. But, obviously it's more expensive. Do you all think it would increase the overall magic of the trip to start WDW immersion the night before, have some late day pool time, and wake up in WL to rope drop the parks? (I mean, yes, it obviously would--but "worth" the cost?)

My daughter (9) has also never stayed at a Deluxe hotel and I haven't since 2006, so there's that. I'm still torn on that value!
It would be worth it to me because we are rope droppers - the morning is the best time in the parks, IMO. I would prefer to just get there and get settled.

But I don’t know how much more that costs than your original plan or how many park days you are planning. If you already have a lot of park days, that may not matter as much. If you have less than 5, then getting an early start at the beginning of the trip would be my recommendation (while everyone is excited and not yet tired from the previous park days of walking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter