Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know these "is this worth it?" questions are relative and kind of annoying, so apologies in advance--I'd just really love some input from WL veterans on our August trip.

Right now we are scheduled to drive in on a Monday morning and stay Tuesday and Wednesday night. We're planning to stay at the halfway point of the drive on Sunday night so we can get there earlier on Monday and go right to the parks.

Should we just extend our stay, drive the whole way on Sunday, and stay at WL on Sunday night? This would give us a little more hotel time, because we could arrive as early as 3-4pm. But, obviously it's more expensive. Do you all think it would increase the overall magic of the trip to start WDW immersion the night before, have some late day pool time, and wake up in WL to rope drop the parks? (I mean, yes, it obviously would--but "worth" the cost?)

My daughter (9) has also never stayed at a Deluxe hotel and I haven't since 2006, so there's that. I'm still torn on that value!
I agree with MonaMN that it would for sure. We were planning to drive up early on Friday morning at the end of the month and stay through Sunday but then ended up booking a room for Thursday night so we could drive up that afternoon. Being able to wake up in Disney and have an extra "whole" day at the resort/parks makes it worth it for us. No rushing, no feeling like we have to scramble to get everything done. We love our short trips but extending them just a bit makes a world of difference.

Should we just extend our stay, drive the whole way on Sunday, and stay at WL on Sunday night?

We drive from NY at least once a year. We make a point to arrive a day early to get some rest and relaxation before going to the parks the next day. It is always nice to hit the parks after having a good night of sleep after the drive.

We drive from NY at least once a year. We make a point to arrive a day early to get some rest and relaxation before going to the parks the next day. It is always nice to hit the parks after having a good night of sleep after the drive.
I think it's even more worth with a drive like that! Might as well get as much time in as you can.

Right now we are scheduled to drive in on a Monday morning and stay Tuesday and Wednesday night. We're planning to stay at the halfway point of the drive on Sunday night so we can get there earlier on Monday and go right to the parks.
When we would drive to WDW we would have to stop around southern Georgia and then drive to our Disney resort the next morning. We live over 1,150 miles away so it required a stop. We would go to the parks as soon as we arrived, but the parks would be crowded by the time we got there. It is much nicer to wake up in a Disney resort and hit the parks at rope drop. :)

Thank you for all the input!

I extended our stay. I read some quote--"the money will return but the time won't"--that resonated. I'm pretty risk adverse so I know the money doesn't ALWAYS return, but it's got a better chance than time!
I agree with MonaMN that it would for sure. We were planning to drive up early on Friday morning at the end of the month and stay through Sunday but then ended up booking a room for Thursday night so we could drive up that afternoon. Being able to wake up in Disney and have an extra "whole" day at the resort/parks makes it worth it for us. No rushing, no feeling like we have to scramble to get everything done. We love our short trips but extending them just a bit makes a world of difference.

I think it's even more worth with a drive like that! Might as well get as much time in as you can.

When we would drive to WDW we would have to stop around southern Georgia and then drive to our Disney resort the next morning. We live over 1,150 miles away so it required a stop. We would go to the parks as soon as we arrived, but the parks would be crowded by the time we got there. It is much nicer to wake up in a Disney resort and hit the parks at rope drop. :)

We arrive tomorrow at 800am! Wondering if anyone knows the current pool hours? I have a feeling we're not going to last long in the theme parks because of the heat and will be spending a lot of time at the pool this time! Not unhappy about that!

But, my search said the main pool isn't open until 10am - is that true? The Disney app doesn't list the hours...

Thanks for the help.

Currently planning a trip for early November and booked at Pop/AoA, but am thinking of changing over to a deluxe for a few nights for the EEH (and I've wanted to stay at WL for quite a while)!

For my dates the Copper Creek studios are a bit cheaper than the WL rooms (mainly as the standard rooms aren't available so would need to go for a nature view room). Wondering if anyone had any opinions on the Copper Creek studios vs regular WL rooms?

From what I've read it seems like the main differences are that the Copper Creek studios have a queen + pull down sofa/queen vs the 2 queens at the regular WL rooms, and that there is a small kitchenette at the Copper Creek studios. Any other differences I should be aware of?

(And wondering how comfortable is the pull down sofa/queen... there are 4 of us so we would have to use this!)

Thank you for all the input!

I extended our stay. I read some quote--"the money will return but the time won't"--that resonated. I'm pretty risk adverse so I know the money doesn't ALWAYS return, but it's got a better chance than time!
You will be happy that you did so. On two trips, we had to wait later for our WL room to be ready than at any of our other split-stay resorts. So it will be nice for you to have your room before heading to the parks and know that you can come back for a break. Enjoy!

Do they still have flatbread pizzas at Roaring Fork ??
If not, anyone know the closest resort restaurant that has them ??

Thanks !

Do they still have flatbread pizzas at Roaring Fork ??
If not, anyone know the closest resort restaurant that has them ??

Thanks !
Sadly, no flatbreads pizzas on WL property at the moment. Closest option would be Contempt Cafe at Contemporary...

So we’re currently booked at the swan for our late august trip. WLwas the 1st hotel we brought our son at 8 months old and then 3 trips after that. He’s 8 now and obsessed with Star Wars. The lady 2 trips we’ve stayed at YC but the prices are insane now. I can’t help wanting to return to the WL! Is transportation to Epcot and HS terrible? We’ve gotten very spoiled being able to walk..

Does anyone know if the courtyard view rooms have a pull out couch? If not, does anyone know whether they will bring an additional bed/cot into the room? We are traveling with family and their room will have 3 adults and one teenager in the room and they would really love the additional bed.

So... transportation question.

We're coming in on 8/24. Flight lands at 1:40. We were planning on doing Mears Express to WL, dropping off the bags, and heading to MK for a 4:25 at Skipper's Canteen. I checked and cannot currently push that back, though I will keep trying.

Mears has limited their express shuttles and is not doing any to WL at the moment.

When we did DME in the past, WL was usually one of the last drop off points. Is that true for Mears Connect or Sunshine Flyer? Should we just get a private car or Uber XL instead? 4 of us plus bags for 5 days.

Does anyone know if the courtyard view rooms have a pull out couch? If not, does anyone know whether they will bring an additional bed/cot into the room? We are traveling with family and their room will have 3 adults and one teenager in the room and they would really love the additional bed.
Not in the regular WL guest rooms. They would need a Deluxe room (there are only 10 available) and the include CL Access. They sleep up to 6 so have 3 sleep services.

No you can't request a roll-away bed no space in the room. Their best bet may be a Studio in a Studio in the Boulder Ridge DVC (South) of the main building. They they have 3 sleeping surfaces. 2 Queens (one Sleeper sofa) and a fold down under the TV table that is slightly smaller than a twin.

How big is the teenager?

ETA: Correct Copper Creek to Bolder Ridge reference... thanks for the catch @CarolynFH I was working on South of the main building but my mind locked on CCV vd BRV.

Dave

Last edited:
@Dave006 thanks so much for all the info! The teenager is 5'11" so pretty big. I will check if there is any availability for our dates for the rooms you suggested and if so, see if they can make the switch.

@Dave006 thanks so much for all the info! The teenager is 5'11" so pretty big. I will check if there is any availability for our dates for the rooms you suggested and if so, see if they can make the switch.
Sorry to tell you this, but the CCV studios have only 2 sleeping surfaces, a queen bed and a queen foldout couch. See details here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/wilderness-lodge/copper-creek-villas-cabins.htm.

Only the studios in Boulder Ridge Villas have the Murphy under the TV, and it’s only 67” long. And the foldout couch is only a double, not a queen. See details here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/wilderness-lodge/villas.htm.

So that may or may not be an option for that family.

If anyone has stayed at the WL lately, were any of the park buses also picking up at the Contemporary (or any of the monorail resorts) in the morning? The loss of the boat to the Contemporary/FW is pretty annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter