Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Q re: booking strategy for a retired couple. We want a room with one bed, but I don't think the king rooms at WL are bookable so I would just have to request and pray. The other strategy would be to rent DVC points and book a studio villa which all have one bed. I also understand this could be done at a substantial savings over booking a room (WL or DVC) thought Disney. Would my experience be much different among a king WL room vs studio at CC or BR (BTW for me, the difference between king vs queen is not important)? I did notice that most CC studios are on the ground floor. I'm not sure if that is good or bad (I'm guessing I would prefer to be higher up for a view). Let me know if I have analyzed this correctly or missing something. Most info I read us about how MANY you can get in a room. For a couple, I would much rather not have half the room taken up by a bed I don't need. I don't see a lot of discussion about that.

Rooms with a KIng Bed are a bookable room type at Wilderness Lodge and have been for some time.

See for example:

SW

The CCV studio would give you a queen bed and a sofa bed. It also has a kitchenette, which you may like. I find that it is nice to have the sofa when there are only two people in the room. The rooms on the ground floor are one level below the lobby, which is on the second floor, so you would have to use the elevator or stairs to get to your room from the lobby. The WL nature view rooms have some very nice views. Many of them have partial views of the MK fireworks.

Both WL and CCV will give you the same experience at the resort. It is really just a matter of which room configuration, and price, you prefer. :)

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like they took out the wardrobe in the main bedroom and replaced it with a desk. I think it is a nice replacement. :)

You might want to check that room number again. :)
It’s something 003. 2003? I didn’t save the text and don’t have my map lol. I deleted that too. Thx Sue

Oh we had the exact same room last visit. The desk makes the room feel much larger. I also like the 3 section closet in the entry. It was like the setup at YC. Works nicely for hanging and shelves for clothes vs drawers is easier to find stuff.

The pictures in the rooms are nicer and larger as well.

My feeling is that driving to MK makes a midday break is not worth it, but the boats would be a good solution for MK. For the rest, we didn't find driving to be too bad. The parking and walking to/into the parks was the worst part, so it hasn't mattered much which resort we stayed at when driving.

Seconded this -- from WL I would definitely not drive to the TTC. You'd still have to take a ferry or monorail from there. You're MUCH better off taking the resort launch directly to MK -- less time, nicer experience. I just got home (insert crying emoji) but last week I typically made it from room to gate in ~ 30 minutes. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the timing of the boats, but surely faster than going through the TTC!

Seconded this -- from WL I would definitely not drive to the TTC. You'd still have to take a ferry or monorail from there. You're MUCH better off taking the resort launch directly to MK -- less time, nicer experience. I just got home (insert crying emoji) but last week I typically made it from room to gate in ~ 30 minutes. Sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on the timing of the boats, but surely faster than going through the TTC!
Did you ever take the boat for rope drop to MK? Would this work or does it get there too late?

Tie Dye was $18+ tax at Poly last week, FWIW.

I’d say it roughly takes 15 mins. If there’s a line it may take longer as there are only so many “stations” set up, so there could be a wait if it’s a popular day.

Did you ever take the boat for rope drop to MK? Would this work or does it get there too late?

We rope dropped twice just fine. Both days, we left our room at 8AM for a 9AM open, got to the dock around 8:15 (after stopping for coffee), and were in the park by 8:40 or so.

Seemed like a boat runs every 15-20 minutes starting an hour before park open. If you were AT the dock by 8:00 and made it on the first boat you’d get there sooner.

It’s something 003. 2003? I didn’t save the text and don’t have my map lol. I deleted that too. Thx Sue
If it was on the second floor then it would have been 2003.

The 10 Deluxe rooms at the WL are on floors 1-5. The rooms are x000, x003 where x is the floor number.

The x003 Deluxe Rooms are on the corner of Bay lake and the main pool area.

Dave

So we will definitely be taking the boat to MK! Epcot is the only other park we will take a break and go back, and we might just work it out so we can make a stop at the Poly for a Dole whip on our way back 😍
We got moved from CR deluxe GV room due to maintenance last weekend, This is a deluxe room 2003.
thanks for those pics! I recognize you from the Poly thread, you helped us for our first trip there in 2019! We just booked a deluxe club room at WL because we couldn't get in at the Poly. We need two rooms there now (or maybe a suite 😂).
What are the views from the club level rooms? Is there a place that we can see the fireworks from? 🤔

So we will definitely be taking the boat to MK! Epcot is the only other park we will take a break and go back, and we might just work it out so we can make a stop at the Poly for a Dole whip on our way back 😍
thanks for those pics! I recognize you from the Poly thread, you helped us for our first trip there in 2019! We just booked a deluxe club room at WL because we couldn't get in at the Poly. We need two rooms there now (or maybe a suite 😂).
What are the views from the club level rooms? Is there a place that we can see the fireworks from? 🤔
YES! There are 2 balconies in the CL lounge facing MK. There is also a bathroom nearby which is nice because the deluxe rooms are on the side building.

Glad to help!

I have to run but will post some lounge pix later.

What are the views from the club level rooms? Is there a place that we can see the fireworks from?
The 7th floor club level rooms have either a courtyard view or a view towards the CR and MK. Those rooms can have a partial or a good view of the fireworks. The lounge pipes in the music from the fireworks on their balconies. :)

A better fireworks view is from the hallway windows, near the elevator. There isn't any music but the view is great. :)

The Geyser is now working. It’s been down all week.

View attachment 587371

I wonder if it was down again, or if you were lucky enough to be there when it finally came back - we were there the first week of May, and it was down the entire time. The sign was there that just said it wasn't working, essentially, but there was clearly no work being done on it and it did not look like it had run for some time. I was worried they weren't planning on bringing it back for a while. (Knew it wasn't directly Covid-related, since it was running last August.)

What a night.

I went to go watch the electrical parade and had ZERO clue you could watch happily ever after there. The bar played the music

Simply perfect
I had no clue they did this. We stayed there in 2018 but had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony on the hotel side (high floor, open balcony, last room on the end closest to lake/cabins - was amazing). The last two times we stayed were at CCV over the past year, so there were no fireworks. This would be really exciting to know, but now that I know this it actually makes me really sad since we'll never be able to watch Happily Ever After from Geyser Point. 😢

I wonder if it was down again, or if you were lucky enough to be there when it finally came back - we were there the first week of May, and it was down the entire time. The sign was there that just said it wasn't working, essentially, but there was clearly no work being done on it and it did not look like it had run for some time. I was worried they weren't planning on bringing it back for a while. (Knew it wasn't directly Covid-related, since it was running last August.)

There was a sign at the beginning of our trip as well… then one day I heard it going off (had our balcony door open), and I ran out and sure enough it was running! Maybe someone there can confirm if it’s still working.

Is the boat from WR to CR running?
As of last Saturday, it was not. I doubt it will until they bring back Hoop De Do, Artist Point, California Grill, etc. There's not enough reason for them to need to get guests from resort to resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter