Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to know which ones have solid walls? I put my room request in this morning for 6113, 5113, 6131, or 5131. I definitely don't want the solid wall or a connecting room but I want to see the pool and a little but of the lake if possible.
The section of the resort that is closest to Bay Lake has the solid balcony walls on the 6th floor. So, I believe that 6113 would have the solid wall and 5113 would be the regular, open balcony. The section of the resort that is closest to the lobby has the solid balcony walls on the 7th floor. I really don't know whether 6131 is in the section of the building closest to the lobby or not. But most of the 5th floor rooms throughout the resort have open balconies. There are a few scattered rooms that have the solid balcony walls on lower floors, so you should just request the open balcony to be safe. :)

The section of the resort that is closest to Bay Lake has the solid balcony walls on the 6th floor. So, I believe that 6113 would have the solid wall and 5113 would be the regular, open balcony. The section of the resort that is closest to the lobby has the solid balcony walls on the 7th floor. I really don't know whether 6131 is in the section of the building closest to the lobby or not. But most of the 5th floor rooms throughout the resort have open balconies. There are a few scattered rooms that have the solid balcony walls on lower floors, so you should just request the open balcony to be safe. :)
Thank you this is very helpful. I am going to change my request to have open balcony be the #1 request. Thanks again!

How long do you think the Boulder Ridge refurb will take once started? We are staying there Nov-Dec 2022 for the first time.

Almost two weeks ago, I changed my October reservation from ASMo to the Wilderness Lodge! I had given up hope that POFQ was going to reopen for our trip and it turns out, it won't be (from last week's announcement). I booked the upgrade on my birthday - Happy birthday to me! The best part, my family doesn't know I made the change. I'm not planning to tell them until we arrive (likely in the Magical Express line since they'll notice the hotel change). I can't wait to see the look on their faces. My husband didn't go with us in April when we received an upgrade to Grand Floridian since POFQ wasn't open. He regretted not going but he will enjoy this change. Now, I spend my free time trying to read up on WL.

Checking out LaundryView, as I plan to use the laundry facility halfway through our trip. Can someone tell me where these are located at the resort?

1. "Wilderness Lodge"
2. "Villas at Wilderness Lodge"
3. "Villas at Wilderness Lodge-FL 4-LR"

I'll be staying at the main lodge, so I'm assuming #1 above would be preferable based on my location? Thanks!

1 "wilderness lodge" is just down the hall from Roaring Fork, near the elevator and hotel rooms. It is the only laundry room available for the hotel side of WL.

2. "villas at wilderness lodge" is the laundry room located in the BRV/VWL building, nor sure the exact location. It is for those staying in the DVC rooms only.

3. "villas at wilderness lodge - fl-4-LR" is on the 4th floor on the Copper Creek side on a corner overlooking the lobby around the corner from the main lobby elevator. It is for those staying in DVC rooms only.

SW

Thanks to whoever dropped their AP discounted Nature View room for the end of August. If someone has a Standard View room with the discount that they'd like to get rid of, I'd be happy to scoop it up.
Thanks for the heads up! They must have released some rooms. I had been looking to change my dates and finally was able to get what I wanted. :) Now I wish they would release discounts. ::yes::

What happens if you can't book there? Will they offer an alternative? I just bought in and wanted to stay there at the end of November.
I can see availability in May 2022 so I would think there are limited rooms for booking before then due to refurbishment which is creating the scarcity of inventory. Most DVC is booked from October through December at all resorts. It is best to call member services as a new owner and ask if the have something available

What is the difference between a studio at Copper Creek and a studio at Boulder Ridge? Any thoughts on which is preferable? Thanks.

C
What is the difference between a studio at Copper Creek and a studio at Boulder Ridge? Any thoughts on which is preferable? Thanks.
Copper Creek is in the main building. Boulder Ridge is in a separate building. The CCV studios have been redone (no carpet, new rainfall showers, more USBs). BRV have not. The CCV studios are smaller (338 sq ft) vs BRV (356 sq feet). I've only stayed in the CCV, and I thought they were really nice.

C

Copper Creek is in the main building. Boulder Ridge is in a separate building. The CCV studios have been redone (no carpet, new rainfall showers, more USBs). BRV have not. The CCV studios are smaller (338 sq ft) vs BRV (356 sq feet). I've only stayed in the CCV, and I thought they were really nice.

Thanks for the info. We are booked at CCV so I was hoping they had been redone. We’re also from CT :)

C

Boulder Ridge also has a pull down sleeper, so it can sleep 5, Copper Creek does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter