Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you rent points, a member is booking for you. When a member books at CCV, the booking categories are:
- deluxe studio
- deluxe studio with walk-in shower
- 1-bedroom villa
- 2-bedroom villa
- 2-bedroom lock-off villa
- 2-bedroom lock-off villa with walk-in shower
- 3-bedroom Grand Villa
- cabin

So you would need to know: are the alternate studios "deluxe studio" or "deluxe studio with walk-in shower" and make sure the correct category is booked for you.

After the reservation is made for you, you can ask the member to call DVC Member Services to put in a room request. However, I'm not sure DVC Member Services and the room assigners know what we mean by the term "alternate studio."

The "alternate studios" are rooms 2115, 3115, 4115, 5115, 6115, 7115, 1166 and 1168.

However, my understanding is that 7th floor rooms and some 6th floor rooms have enclosed balconies, so you can't see anything unless you are a tall-ish person standing up. You would want to get clarification on this because it may further narrow your desired options.

I am still learning about the views, but my understanding is that the CCV rooms face either the new Boulder Ridge Cove Pool or the Copper Creek Springs Pool. But I don't know which side the alternate studios face.
You have a great summary of the booking situation as we understand it.

I can help clarify a couple of things. The alternate studios have balconies that face to the East, directly toward Bay Lake (since they are in the “bend” in the hallway or at the end of the hall).
Also the enclosed balconies are on the top floor of any section of the resort. This is the 7th floor for the lobby and Western portion of the wing, but the 6th floor for the end portion of the wing. So on the 6th floor CCV side rooms 6120 - 6135 have enclosed balconies, but lower number rooms are open balconies. All seventh floor rooms have enclosed balconies.

My Wilderness Lodge Resort Activities Review! Enjoy.... https://wordpress.com/post/***************.com/29039

My Wilderness Lodge Resort Activities Review! Enjoy.... https://wordpress.com/post/***************.com/29039
The link you posted didn't work for me, but this one does: https://***************.com/2018/04/04/dawn-does-disneys-wilderness-lodge-resort-activities/
Nice summary of many of the fun things we love about WL.

So,what kind of snake was it? I need to look it up too...before my trip!

Coral snake or king snake maybe? Coral would be terrible, very venomous.

As for five in the CCV studio or one bedroom, that's why they are a hard four, no fifth guest.

A Florida Scarlet Snake I believe...

I didn't mean that we snuck in a guest, it was the critter that made up the 5th guest..LoL

I wish I could "unread" the post about the snake in the bathroom. Especially since I now remember about someone posting a photo of a huge snake up on the wall above the drapes in an upper floor of the contemporary. I was hoping that one was "fake news"!!!

Roughly 16 inches or so....Colorful though...Red, with black and white stripes.....I had to look it up on my phone:teacher: while I was trying to keep it from getting out of the bathroom...I didn't want my wife or kids to get freaked out...
Very common in Florida, the Scarlet King snake is often confused with the dangerous Coral Snake. The Coral snake has a black head and the red touches yellow will kill a fellow is how the rhyme goes...

In addition to hitchhiking snakes, you might get a lizard or a tree Frog from time to time.

Dave

Very common in Florida, the Scarlet King snake is often confused with the dangerous Coral Snake. The Coral snake has a black head and the red touches yellow will kill a fellow is how the rhyme goes...

In addition to hitchhiking snakes, you might get a lizard or a tree Frog from time to time.

Dave
We didn't quite get a lizard, but there was a treefrog over at HS, waiting for the bus back to Poly....It scared the beegeezus out of some family that was nearby. It kept perching itself on the barrier stands by the bus stops.... And had a real skinny squirrel that kept taking french fries, by Morocco...LoL

That is one good reason to allow members to bring their cats. My two chased a little frog around our living room until we found it and took it back outside. Plus my one cat likes to eat those little lizards after he tires playing with it.

I'm really curious to see how they are going to handle the new view categories too.
Can't say it surprised me that they added Fireworks view rooms. We have had some good firework view rooms there.
We have been planning our first trip to Disney world in December for some time. Booking a year out. We didn’t go last Christmas as wanted to stay at wilderness lodge and avoid the refurbishment.

It looks like from Humphrey’s post we will be affected by the recently announced refurbishment.

We were put off last time by the visual appearance of the main lodge area with all the screens up detracting from its beauty. Does anyone know if these are likely to be in place again in December?

Also we have booked a courtyard bunk bed room ( one of the main reasons along with the lobby) we chose the lodge. It looks like these are being removed. Does anyone know what will happen to our reservation now?

The bunk bed removal is particularly disappointing as we had an offer for club rooms that was only very slightly more that we didn’t take because we wanted each of our children to have a separate sleeping space. Had we known they would not be available we would have booked club level and taken advantage of the club level fast passes.
I do have to comment on the bold, you've never been yet were put off by the visual appearance of WL? You haven't seen it so how were you put off?
We have been both before, during and and after WL went through it's refurb to CC/WL split and honestly, the time during the refurb was barely noticeable. They did a great job of putting up screens so that you could hardly tell things were blocked off, especially if you'd never seen it any other way. And that was with a huge portion of the lobby being worked on. Truthfully you are really getting worked up over nothing. Just my opinion.

As to your reservation, if you booked something and it's no longer available, Disney will reach out to you and discuss options with you. They are typically very generous.

I’m amazed by how calmly you seemed to handle this! This is the stuff of my nightmares lol. How do you think it got in there??? I guess I’ll have to request not to be on ground floors!:scared1:
This is a very common popular room request to anyone who is critter adverse.
There is an abundance of them at Disney, all types. I can't begin to tell you (and any others reading along) the various ones we've seen walk, crawling and scurrying around resort and park grounds over the years.

Last edited:
So if you are on an upper floor and you keep balcony door closed would snakes still be able to get into room through a vent?
I have made at least 50 trips to Disney resorts and never wasted time on thoughts of snakes in my room....I have seen snakes scoot across a pathway, around pool areas and once actually in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach...
For some reason the thought of a snake in the bathroom or under or in the bed is too much.

So if you are on an upper floor and you keep balcony door closed would snakes still be able to get into room through a vent?
I have made at least 50 trips to Disney resorts and never wasted time on thoughts of snakes in my room....I have seen snakes scoot across a pathway, around pool areas and once actually in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach...
For some reason the thought of a snake in the bathroom or under or in the bed is too much.

I wouldn't worry about it too much...It is a rare occasion, and TBH after about 5 or so mins. with it in the shower/bathroom, I do believe he was more scared of me than me of it...
At least he better be...LoL

This is a very common popular room request to anyone who is critter adverse.
There is an abundance of them at Disney, all types. I can't begin to tell you (and any others reading along) the various ones we've seen walk, crawling and scurrying around resort and park grounds over the years.

Thanks for the information! I’m kinda new to staying onsite and I’m still figuring out the room request situation (I’m not sure if people do this at all hotels but I never have!). I’m going to be sure to request an upper floor from now on! Also, thanks for not sharing the specifics of the critters you’ve already seen. I’m not sure I could take it lol

I’ve honestly never thought about snakes, even though I know this is unrealistic on my part because they have snakes and alligators on the warning signs! The thought of finding a snake in my room is wayyyyy too much for me... :scared:

Thanks for the information! I’m kinda new to staying onsite and I’m still figuring out the room request situation (I’m not sure if people do this at all hotels but I never have!). I’m going to be sure to request an upper floor from now on! Also, thanks for not sharing the specifics of the critters you’ve already seen. I’m not sure I could take it lol

I’ve honestly never thought about snakes, even though I know this is unrealistic on my part because they have snakes and alligators on the warning signs! The thought of finding a snake in my room is wayyyyy too much for me... :scared:
LOL.... I had a feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter