Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so it's just random which boat will be there ?
It seems like the smaller launch shows up more often than the big launch, but it is rather random. We took the small launch today from MK to WL and I counted the capacity. They let 30 people the board the boat.

We took a quick tour today of the construction area. Here are a couple of pictures I took from the fourth floor of the villas building:

vp1.jpg

vp2.jpg
The pool has water in it and it looks like all it needs is some furniture before it ready. There is a small water fall in the back as a decorative feature. It looks like they may be putting tables under the little shelters. The shelters have a tin roof. There appears to be a restroom to the left of the pool. I can't see what is to the right.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the area between the marina and the villas pool. The marina building is all spruced up and looks like it will reopen soon. They have put in a pool table and a couple other things at Geyser Point. I believe it is part of the DVC community hall.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

Last edited:
Roaring Forks is still closed. They were busy finishing up a bunch of dedicated studios on the ground floor of Copper Creek Villas. The cabins located between MK and the boat dock have picnic tables on their screened in porches. They have planted some tress between the cabins but there is still a lot of landscaping work to do.

We were there around 2 pm and Geyser Point Bar and Grill was busy.

What time should my party of 3 arrive at Geyser Point for a good table to watch the EWP?

I stayed at the Lodge this past weekend!! We have a view of the fireworks (room 3022) which was a nice surprise. We had lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe on Friday and had the chip & quest appetizer. It was a lot of chips along with queso, salsa, and chili to dip them in. Such a good deal. Then this morning we ate the breakfast skillet and with our 20% AP discount that might be the best deal on property! The skillet here is so much tastier than the one at Ohana.

We also spent time looking for all of the hidden Mickey's in the lodge and villas. Such a cool way to interact with the cast members there too. If you have time, I would highly recommend it!

We stayed here last August and loved it! Wasn't bothered one bit by the construction. We're coming back this August now and trying to catch up on everything that's changed in a year. Is there one spot with updates on new restaurants, construction progress, pools, etc., etc.? Or do I need to read through a hundred pages of posts?

We stayed here last August and loved it! Wasn't bothered one bit by the construction. We're coming back this August now and trying to catch up on everything that's changed in a year. Is there one spot with updates on new restaurants, construction progress, pools, etc., etc.? Or do I need to read through a hundred pages of posts?

WDWKOOK keeps the first page of this thread and the construction thread updated with the key points and changes. The construction thread is here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...ilderness-lodge-dvc-expansion-thread.3410778/

Since last August the key changes for this August should be the opening of Geyser point, the expanded villas pool, and the reopening of the South Wing of the main building, now as DVC villas. The cabins that were being built along the shoreline will be done as well, and boat rentals should once again be available. There will be more guests at the resort than last year, but with increased quick service food and pool capacity the resort should handle it well. We can't wait, since we arrive August 11th.

Thank you! That's what we actually loved about the resort last year--with half of it closed for construction, we felt like we had the place to ourselves! But it sounds like it will still be great, even with the construction complete!

If they're turned the South Wing into villas, does that mean there's less capacity overall at the resort now? Like were they taking two or three previous rooms and turning it into one villa? So less rooms total? I know the cabins are new, but doesn't seem like there were a ton of them being built--unless they added more since we were there!

What time should my party of 3 arrive at Geyser Point for a good table to watch the EWP?
When we stayed at WL in March the Electric Water Pageant did not travel all the way down to Geyser Point. It stopped up by the boat dock. In the past the EXP always traveled that far down so I don't know if it was a one time thing or if it is now the new location for the show. We need some other recent travelers to give a report on the location of the EWP show. It comes by at 9:30 pm (or 9:35 pm) every night.

Is the slide at the pool any different now?
The slide at the main pool did not change when they remodeled the pool a couple of years. ago.

Since last August the Trout Pass Bar has been closed. By the time you arrive in August the new outdoor seating area for Roaring Forks should be open, along with whatever changes are going on inside that restaurant.

If they're turned the South Wing into villas, does that mean there's less capacity overall at the resort now? Like were they taking two or three previous rooms and turning it into one villa? So less rooms total? I know the cabins are new, but doesn't seem like there were a ton of them being built--unless they added more since we were there!
It is hard to say how the villas will change the resort. It looks like they used one resort room to make a studio, two resort rooms to make a villa, and three resort rooms to make a two bedroom villa. A studio sleeps four, so there is no change in capacity there. A villa sleeps four or five if they add a Murphy bed, whereas two resort rooms would sleep eight. And a two bedroom villa sleeps 8 or 9, while three resort rooms sleep 12. So it seems like they are reducing capacity a little by converting the resort rooms into DVC units.

Last edited:
Starting to get caught up on the board while researching an upcoming trip in January. First time staying at WL, previous trips have stayed at Poly/GF/BW/BC. Opinion on which area to select our 1 BD DVC unit, Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Starting to get caught up on the board while researching an upcoming trip in January. First time staying at WL, previous trips have stayed at Poly/GF/BW/BC. Opinion on which area to select our 1 BD DVC unit, Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Will you be staying on points or cash? If points you'll need to book CC asap, everything is booking up as soon as the booking window opens. BRV has more openings as everyone is trying to book CCV!

Random question. What are the current toiletries at WL? I have heard they are the Sea Marine H2O now instead of the Grapefruit Bergamot, is this true?

When we stayed at WL in March the Electric Water Pageant did not travel all the way down to Geyser Point. It stopped up by the boat dock. In the past the EXP always traveled that far down so I don't know if it was a one time thing or if it is now the new location for the show. We need some other recent travelers to give a report on the location of the EWP show. It comes by at 9:30 pm (or 9:35 pm) every night.
@ariane37 mentioned this, as well, but she was there the same time as you so like you said, we don't know if this was a one time thing. Doesn't it usually go by Fort Wilderness, too? Also, it is scheduled for 10:35 for the first week of June while we are there. I'm not sure when it has or will change over from 9:35.

Will be staying at copper creek are there faster ways to get to the pool than going thru the main lobby. I know other resorts have side entrances so u do not have to walk as far just curious thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter