Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now booked @ WL for our May trip! We will be there the 19-26. This will be our first time visiting WL. We are excited, but a little nervous about the construction thats going on.

No need to worry about construction; impact for visitors is minimal. Continue your visits here for updates and sit back, relax and be prepared to be amazed. WL is beautiful! :lovestruc :tink:

If we have a flight for 5:50pm what time should we be at the resort for ME? Thanks!

Sadly :rotfl:, you'll see this hanging on your door the morning before your departure (sorry for the blur)...

P1030339_zpsko2xy1q7.jpg

...it will contain pickup information which is usually 2 1/2-3 hours before your flight departs. Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes :tink:

Hello masonmj84 I have reservation at WL as well but not until Dec. Please give us some updates when you return and have a fabulous trip.

Hey guys! I haven't been able to search through all the posts, so forgive me if this has been asked 100 x's! We want to book a 1 bedroom villa for October... we've stayed WL many times and love it! But looking at the map, the DVC villas look REALLY far from the boat docks to MK. How far or how long of a walk is it to boat docks if we ended up with one of the furthest out villas? We will have 2 small children with us, so I'm a little afraid of the "long" walk to our villa from the boats. TIA!! :)

Hey guys! I haven't been able to search through all the posts, so forgive me if this has been asked 100 x's! We want to book a 1 bedroom villa for October... we've stayed WL many times and love it! But looking at the map, the DVC villas look REALLY far from the boat docks to MK. How far or how long of a walk is it to boat docks if we ended up with one of the furthest out villas? We will have 2 small children with us, so I'm a little afraid of the "long" walk to our villa from the boats. TIA!! :)

Not gonna lie to you :goodvibes, if you're in one of the "far end" villas it would be quite a hike now. In October...who knows? If the area between the Main Lodge and the Villas toward Bay Lake is open it won't be quite as bad. On the other hand, the walk to the bus stop will be very short so you may want to go that route. :tink:

We had good fortune in that our room request to be near the elevators in the villas building was honored, so for us it was not that long of a walk. If the weather is nice for you, you may enjoy that little stroll between the two buildings and I always love visiting the lobby of the Lodge so walking through en route to the boat is good with me - there always seems to be something going on so your kids would at least have some entertainment! It may be a little extra walking but DVC resorts can have some REALLY far flung rooms. Kidani hallways seem to extend for miles and miles and even in a standard hotel room in the Yacht Club we felt like we'd walked halfway to Hollywood Studios anytime we came from the lobby. My plan would be to request to be near the elevators and main building and then make the best of it. As was previously mentioned, the villas are very convenient to the buses!

We had good fortune in that our room request to be near the elevators in the villas building was honored, so for us it was not that long of a walk. If the weather is nice for you, you may enjoy that little stroll between the two buildings and I always love visiting the lobby of the Lodge so walking through en route to the boat is good with me - there always seems to be something going on so your kids would at least have some entertainment! It may be a little extra walking but DVC resorts can have some REALLY far flung rooms. Kidani hallways seem to extend for miles and miles and even in a standard hotel room in the Yacht Club we felt like we'd walked halfway to Hollywood Studios anytime we came from the lobby. My plan would be to request to be near the elevators and main building and then make the best of it. As was previously mentioned, the villas are very convenient to the buses!
I'm not sure of the choices for online check in but I plan to do "close to elevator" and "higher floors" if those are available.

And I haven't stayed there yet (though I have visited) and I agree that as much time walking through the lobby is a great idea! We will try that, though we plan to use the bus first thing in the AM and the boats the rest of the time (midday break, back at night).

Sadly :rotfl:, you'll see this hanging on your door the morning before your departure (sorry for the blur)...

P1030339_zpsko2xy1q7.jpg

...it will contain pickup information which is usually 2 1/2-3 hours before your flight departs. Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes :tink:

And, if for some reason ME hiccups and you don't get a schedule for pick up, make sure to go down to the front desk the night before and check on it. We were scheduled for pick up, but didn't get the paperwork the day before, so I went down and talked to the front desk. The CM was great about it, but did mention that when people wait the day of to schedule Me or fix an issue, it can get harder to find a solution.

And, if for some reason ME hiccups and you don't get a schedule for pick up, make sure to go down to the front desk the night before and check on it. We were scheduled for pick up, but didn't get the paperwork the day before, so I went down and talked to the front desk. The CM was great about it, but did mention that when people wait the day of to schedule Me or fix an issue, it can get harder to find a solution.

Or you could just stay a few extra days.

I'm not sure of the choices for online check in but I plan to do "close to elevator" and "higher floors" if those are available.

And I haven't stayed there yet (though I have visited) and I agree that as much time walking through the lobby is a great idea! We will try that, though we plan to use the bus first thing in the AM and the boats the rest of the time (midday break, back at night).

Just a note - we did OLCI about two days ago. "Close to Elevator" is no longer an online option. As we are in the Bolder Ridge Villas? We choose the new "Close to lobby" request.

Last edited:
Just want to be sure...the boats to MK and contemporary are still available and don't plan to be stopped due to construction etc, right ?

Just a note - we did OLCI about two days ago. "Close to Elevator" is no longer an online option. As we are in the Bolder Ridge Villas? We choose the new
Good to know. I'm going to fax in a request as well, so I'll include it there. Thanks!

Hey, everyone! I've been lurking here enjoying the conversation for several months as we've prepared for our first stay at WL this weekend. I'm curious what kind of recent success you guys are having with TP faxed room requests? They sent ours today and we're hoping for something on the 6050 side facing MK. Unfortunately my previous couple of attempts at other resorts didn't really work. I thought perhaps it varied by resort. Any recent experience at WL? Should I feel pretty good about the request?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter