Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my guess on the return of woods view. MK facing but without the potential for a service area or roof etc that was how standard was defined in the past.

ChristianR were there any new categories or just the return of Woods View?
There is standard view, woods view, woods view-bunk beds, courtyard view, courtyard view-bunk beds, standard view-club level and deluxe room-club level. From what I remember it is the same as in the past.

My guess is even though newly planted trees will be small, it will no longer be a construction of cabins view. So some trees, cabin rooves, partial lake and Magic Kingdom views with more tree views as they grow but no more diggers and trucks.

I'm not familiar with disney's past history on this but they don't have to plant brand new small trees. It's completely feesable to rehome an older/larger tree from somewhere else to give a finished look and bring a little wood-ish view back in play.

I'm not familiar with disney's past history on this but they don't have to plant brand new small trees. It's completely feesable to rehome an older/larger tree from somewhere else to give a finished look and bring a little wood-ish view back in play.

Yes but weren't some of the old trees 15-20 feet tall? I would think the tallest they will move in an plant would be 10ft. So I agree they can add some nice mature trees from their tree farm, but you won't instantly get the same view that had grown in for the last 20 years or so.

I read that the Trout Pass Bar isn't coming back. Anyone know? My husband and I love that spot!!

Some blogs say it will, but Humpreys Facebook page says it won't and their rumour is it will be replaced with a hair & beauty salon. I would expect if they did add a salon though it would go next to the spa rooms in the villa building. I small building next to the pool doesn't make sense for that purpose.

Some blogs say it will, but Humpreys Facebook page says it won't and their rumour is it will be replaced with a hair & beauty salon. I would expect if they did add a salon though it would go next to the spa rooms in the villa building. I small building next to the pool doesn't make sense for that purpose.

I would expect a hair salon/spa to go by where sturdy branches is...Maybe where the old child care area was if they don't bring that back? I agree, the Trout Pass Bar building doesn't make sense for a hair salon.

Edit: Unless they are going to do like Margarita scrubs or something ;)

I would expect a hair salon/spa to go by where sturdy branches is...Maybe where the old child care area was if they don't bring that back? I agree, the Trout Pass Bar building doesn't make sense for a hair salon.

Edit: Unless they are going to do like Margarita scrubs or something ;)

Well supposedly the building labelled Reunion Station at the back of Geyser Point is childcare, so the old Cubs Den becoming a salon and extended spa makes sense so me, then childcare moves out.

We have a upcoming WL reservation in about a month. Trying to piece together the condition of the resort.

Here are the good and bad from what I understand (please correct me where I'm wrong):

THE GOOD
The main resort Silver Creek Springs Pool pool is open
The boat dock is open
The north wing of the resort is open
The main resort table service resturants (Whispering Canyon and Artist Point) are open
The new Geyser Point quick service restaurant is open (and only place to fill mugs)

THE BAD
The south wing and main elevator bank are closed (only elevator is in north wing next to Roaring Fork)
Roaring Fork quick service is closed
Trout Pass Bar is closed
The Hidden Springs Pool is closed
Nature trails and bike rentals, etc. are closed
A lot of standard view rooms look over construction (but courtyard view rooms are less affected by construction)

Is the above correct and am I missing anything?

The boat dock is open
Yes, the the boat dock is open for boats to MK and the resort boat to CR and FW. The marna is still closed, though, for boat rentals.

The paved jogging/bike path to FW is open. It begins near the bus stop. But the nature path through the woods is closed.

There are some bikes for people to use by the villas building.

Last edited:
The new Geyser Point quick service restaurant is open (and only place to fill mugs)

THE BAD
The south wing and main elevator bank are closed (only elevator is in north wing next to Roaring Fork)
Roaring Fork quick service is closed
Trout Pass Bar is closed
The Hidden Springs Pool is closed
A lot of standard view rooms look over construction (but courtyard view rooms are less affected by construction)

Is the above correct and am I missing anything?
Due to the only available rooms, this is actually a good thing. It puts the elevator in the middle of the room areas. The furthest out part of the wing is really far from the main bank off the lobby. We thought this would be an issue until we had to use the RF elevator and we quickly realized it's a benefit at this time.

I haven't heard that the boat dock is open yet. It might be open by the time you get there, though.

The paved jogging/bike path to FW is open. It begins near the bus stop. But the nature path through the woods is closed.

There are some bikes for people to use by the villas building.
The boat dock has been or maybe still is closed? How does one get to a boat to MK? How did I miss the boat was not running?

Yes but weren't some of the old trees 15-20 feet tall? I would think the tallest they will move in an plant would be 10ft. So I agree they can add some nice mature trees from their tree farm, but you won't instantly get the same view that had grown in for the last 20 years or so.
They don't have the space to give you the same dense view so I agree nothing will be what it was before. However, you can definitely rehome a 20+ foot tree. Not sure they would, but I've seen it happen. Some companies will buy they from a residential home.

They don't have the space to give you the same dense view so I agree nothing will be what it was before. However, you can definitely rehome a 20+ foot tree. Not sure they would, but I've seen it happen. Some companies will buy they from a residential home.
I think they re-homed the two big oaks at POR when that resort opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter