Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DN loved the WL especially CL level once the CMs found out that he especially like root beer they stocked our fridge with enough root beer for our entire stay. My Adam was Special Olympics athlete competing in swimming events at regional, State and even National competitions.View attachment 150663
So sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

My DN loved the WL especially CL level once the CMs found out that he especially like root beer they stocked our fridge with enough root beer for our entire stay. My Adam was Special Olympics athlete competing in swimming events at regional, State and even National competitions.

We can all see that Adam was very special and very loved. Thank you for posting his Special Olympics photo and for sharing his love of WL with us. I think I recall you once posting about how the OFC stocked your fridge with root beer. When you're ready, someday you need to have a very special root beer float at WDW in his honor.

We can all see that Adam was very special and very loved. Thank you for posting his Special Olympics photo and for sharing his love of WL with us. I think I recall you once posting about how the OFC stocked your fridge with root beer. When you're ready, someday you need to have a very special root beer float at WDW in his honor.

Thank you

Just booked DH and I a night at WL due to a flight change. We'll be in a CYV room 2/26. We are staying at CSR Business Class for most of our trip (wanted confirmed King room) but when our flight changed I booked WL. DH has been wanting to stay there again so I'm surprising him. I have been aware of the construction but I didn't realize the extent of it.
It's not going to deter me, we'll still stay our night. But I have decided that a return to CL is off the table. The changes there would be quite sad.

Having fewer guests will be a nice benefit.
Thanks to all here for the blow by blow changes to the resort.

One thing I wanted to get my mind around... the main elevators are closed so the elevators are now where?
Last time we stayed there we were in the South Wing and we used an alternate elevator on that side. Is that the similar location for the North side elevators?

I'm actually thinking we'll request a 1st floor room just to avoid the whole elevator issue

Just booked DH and I a night at WL due to a flight change. We'll be in a CYV room 2/26. We are staying at CSR Business Class for most of our trip (wanted confirmed King room) but when our flight changed I booked WL. DH has been wanting to stay there again so I'm surprising him. I have been aware of the construction but I didn't realize the extent of it.
It's not going to deter me, we'll still stay our night. But I have decided that a return to CL is off the table. The changes there would be quite sad.

Having fewer guests will be a nice benefit.
Thanks to all here for the blow by blow changes to the resort.

One thing I wanted to get my mind around... the main elevators are closed so the elevators are now where?
Last time we stayed there we were in the South Wing and we used an alternate elevator on that side. Is that the similar location for the North side elevators?

I'm actually thinking we'll request a 1st floor room just to avoid the whole elevator issue
The North wing elevators are mirrored from where the South Wing mid-wing elevators are. On the first floor they let you out right next to Roaring Fork. The location is fairly central, it just means you have to walk up the ramp to get to the lobby from the elevators, and with fewer total elevator cars in service the wait might be longer. Enjoy your night at WL!

WDW2-16%20206.jpg

WDW2-16%20208.jpg

WDW2-16%20207.jpg

WDW2-16%20209.jpg

Seems I've missed a lot not checking this thread the last couple months. I understand dates aren't confirmed but do you guys think the lounge will be finished (2 honeymoon suit location) with seating back to normal by December?

I don't mind the construction, but we love OFC and if it isn't going to be ready by 1st week in December we may try CR or go back to GF/Poly.

Thanks as always!

Castle View?
I would say yes. ;)
Thanks for posting those construction pictures. It looks like they have been doing a lot of work on the north side cabin area.

Seems I've missed a lot not checking this thread the last couple months. I understand dates aren't confirmed but do you guys think the lounge will be finished (2 honeymoon suit location) with seating back to normal by December?

I don't mind the construction, but we love OFC and if it isn't going to be ready by 1st week in December we may try CR or go back to GF/Poly.

Thanks as always!
It is hard to say. I know that the plan is to have the south wing refurbishment finished by November, but I haven't heard the time frame for the new OFC location. I have a feeling that the Old Faithful Club will be very different than it used to be.

It is hard to say. I know that the plan is to have the south wing refurbishment finished by November, but I haven't heard the time frame for the new OFC location. I have a feeling that the Old Faithful Club will be very different than it used to be.

Thanks and I hope u had a great trip despite the lounge changes. Hopefully there is a bit more clarity when discount rates come out for December.

I have a slightly out of focus picture of the pins that they are leaving in the rooms for the guests. They are attached to a notecard that says "Pardon our pixie dust" on the front of the card.
Are they putting pins in all the rooms or just the standard/woods view rooms?

Going to WL for the first time in April. Two questions:

1) Is there a trail to walk to Fort Wilderness? We have dinner reservations at Trail's End. I'm hoping construction didn't close the trail. Also how much time should we give ourselves to walk there?
2) With construction blocking the beach, is there any way to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at night?

Thank you! :)

Going to WL for the first time in April. Two questions:

1) Is there a trail to walk to Fort Wilderness? We have dinner reservations at Trail's End. I'm hoping construction didn't close the trail. Also how much time should we give ourselves to walk there?
2) With construction blocking the beach, is there any way to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at night?

Thank you! :)
Yes, you can access Fort Wilderness, you just will be further from the water than the construction area. It is actually a paved service road that you will walk along. How long it takes depends on how fast you walk, but 20-30 minutes should be long enough to get to Trail's End. Be aware that the path isn't lit though, so you might want to take the boat back if it is dark.

The beach area East of the South wing is blocked off, but you can see the EWP from the hot tub area or East of the North Wing where the transportation boat dock is. The best EWP view is from the transportation dock, it is right up close. :)

Dear Lsdolphin,
So very sorry to hear of your loss. How wonderful that you and Adam had each other in your lives. I hope that one day your WDW memories will bring smiles instead of tears. You and Adam are in my thoughts and prayers.

Permit for installation of a speaker strobe in the VP Suite (7037) where the Old Faithful Club lounge is to be relocated (date UNK). According to the internet: Speaker strobes transmit the clear, intelligible messages necessary to meet code, save lives, and protect property.

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 12.05.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 12.06.19 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter