Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Question, at night when MK closes, is the boat the only transportation available or are the buses transporting??

We stayed in one of these rooms last month and basically they are are on one arm of the lodge along a long hall way. They are on opposite arm away from boat dock. Each side of arm essentially faces a pool. I would ask for a room on the outside of the arm / towards boulder ridge since that is away from the main wilderness pool. Distance from lobby would not be major concern if on that side.
Thank you for the suggestion! Maybe I will have time to call in a request once I transition from regular school to summer school. I am so excited to return there. We have always enjoyed our stays at the Lodge. We always break in the afternoon so the room is pretty important to us. Only 8 more weeks to go!

Anyone stayed at WL recently - what time does the first boat leave for Magic Kingdom? Will it get you there by 8:30 rope drop for hotel guests?

Anyone stayed at WL recently - what time does the first boat leave for Magic Kingdom? Will it get you there by 8:30 rope drop for hotel guests?
Ohhh, 100% - when we were running this morning the first boat came around 7:45am to pick folks up to take them to the MK. There was a pretty big line but keep in mind it was Memorial Day.

Ohhh, 100% - when we were running this morning the first boat came around 7:45am to pick folks up to take them to the MK. There was a pretty big line but keep in mind it was Memorial Day.
Great - thank you for the update!

Not sure I've seen anyone post this or how new this is, but the Roaring Fork dining room is open 24 hours, including all drink machines. This was a welcome sight when coming back from extended evening hours at EPCOT last month and I was able to refill my resort mug. Glad to see more drink stations open later for those with mugs that need a late night drink!

Attachments

• 20230509_004223.jpg
    20230509_004223.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 55
School me on Sturdy Branches -
We are staying at Copper Creek in a couple of weeks. DD is a freshman commit to play lacrosse in college. The coach has been sending out daily workout plans - a lot involving gym equipment. This would be free weights, barbells, kettle bells and a weight bench - not so much the weight machines (though I am not above improvising if it comes to that). some decent treadmills would also be useful. Will we be able to do the workouts at Sturdy Branches, or would we be better off trying to make out way to a different resort? I seem to recall that SSR is supposed to have an extensive gym - could be we could catch a bus over there to get the workout in.

We are DVC

We will not have a car

Thanks in advance!

Copper Creek Refurbishment to Begin April 2024

Guest room refurbishment work is set to begin at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in late April 2024.
Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be refurbished beginning April 29, 2024. The cabins will be refurbished four at a time, with the remaining cabins available to Members and Guests. While this project is taking place, Guests staying in cabins adjacent to those being refurbished will see and hear refurbishment work during daytime hours. This refurbishment is expected to be completed in late summer 2024.

I was looking to book a courtyard view but see the room categories have now changed. Could anyone tell me what room category I should book to guarantee a courtyard view or is that no longer an option? Thanks

Why are the Boulder Ridge rooms so much less expensive than the courtyard and fireworks view rooms? I understand the premium of a fireworks room, we’ve stayed in those before but the trip I’m planning is like a $2k difference and I’m wondering what the catch is 😅

Why are the Boulder Ridge rooms so much less expensive than the courtyard and fireworks view rooms? I understand the premium of a fireworks room, we’ve stayed in those before but the trip I’m planning is like a $2k difference and I’m wondering what the catch is 😅
Boulder Ridge is a DVC resort and has studios, 1 br and 2 br villas and is a separate building from WL. The studios have one queen bed, a queen size Murphy bed and a small single Murphy bed, I think. It has recently been remodeled, so I not sure about the beds. It also has a kitchenette. Most of the rooms at WL have two queen beds or one king bed.

Boulder Ridge is a DVC resort and has studios, 1 br and 2 br villas and is a separate building from WL. The studios have one queen bed, a queen size Murphy bed and a small single Murphy bed, I think. It has recently been remodeled, so I not sure about the beds. It also has a kitchenette. Most of the rooms at WL have two queen beds or one king bed.
Right. I was expecting them to be more. 🤷‍♀️

Right. I was expecting them to be more. 🤷‍♀️

Its going to really depend on specific dates and the "seasonality" that Disney has, which is not the same for the hotel side versus the DVC side.

picking some random dates:

03/11/2024 - 03/15/2024
Resort View at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Standard Rate $ 633 00 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax
Water View - 670.25 / Fireworks View - 876

Deluxe Studio at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Standard Rate $ 625 00 USD Avg/Night Excl Tax
(Copper Creek Deluxe Studio with walkin shower is the same)

01/08/2024 - 01/12/2024
Resort View at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - $466.25
water view - 530.50 / fireworks view - 676.50

Deluxe Studio at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - $425.75
(Copper Creek Deluxe Studio with walkin shower is the same)

School me on Sturdy Branches -
We are staying at Copper Creek in a couple of weeks. DD is a freshman commit to play lacrosse in college. The coach has been sending out daily workout plans - a lot involving gym equipment. This would be free weights, barbells, kettle bells and a weight bench - not so much the weight machines (though I am not above improvising if it comes to that). some decent treadmills would also be useful. Will we be able to do the workouts at Sturdy Branches, or would we be better off trying to make out way to a different resort? I seem to recall that SSR is supposed to have an extensive gym - could be we could catch a bus over there to get the workout in.

We are DVC

We will not have a car

Thanks in advance!
DS worked out there in March. He says they have free weights, barbell, and a weight bench. He’s not so sure about the kettle bells. There are also decent treadmills - and there’s a good jogging trail. It was pretty stuffy in the room, though, due to lots sun coming in from the floor-to-ceiling windows, which provided a lovely view.

We just got home yesterday! The boat starts running 30 minutes prior to park opening. We took the bus on our Magic Kingdom day (after walking to the boat dock and seeing this sign!) and it was very quick.

Good morning from Wilderness Lodge. We are here for a five night stay and are so happy to be here.

p1714251259-4.jpg

p1667757595-4.jpg

p1647236006-4.jpg

p1773204041-4.jpg

p1752566504-4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter