Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

From Page 1 of this thread:

Parking Fees
of $15/night are charged to all guests with a vehicle. This fee allows guests to park for free at all 4 Disney parks.

I don't have a car ever at DisneyWorld.. I use Disney Transportation or Uber.
My question is: Am I still being charged for parking even when I don't have a car? (A hidden charge somewhere??) I usually get the room/tickets package so I would not know where to look for this information on my reservation.
Any info would be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

You shouldn't be charged for parking. If you are it's a mistake, not a hidden charge. When you're at the resort, you can check your folio in My Disney Experience to see what's being charged to your account.

Pretty sure this is how they know if you have a car or not -- if you have a car, you need to use your Magic Band/ticket to open the entry resort gate. They use that information.

Parking Fees
of $15/night are charged to all guests with a vehicle. This fee allows guests to park for free at all 4 Disney parks.

My question is: Am I still being charged for parking even when I don't have a car? (A hidden charge somewhere??) I usually get the room/tickets package so I would not know where to look for this information on my reservation.
No, you should not be but it's always good to check your expenses summary that Pop will send you. You may also wish to stop at the front desk during your trip (if not already planning to go there) to advise them that you do not have a car. I have been about 5 times since this charge was added and only once was it added and I noticed and had it removed.

If I remember correctly (and it's been 2 1/2 years since I was there so details are foggy) while you're at the resort I think there is somewhere on the MDE app to track expenses you are being charged. If this is incorrect, someone please correct me. Thanks!

You shouldn't be charged for parking. If you are it's a mistake, not a hidden charge. When you're at the resort, you can check your folio in My Disney Experience to see what's being charged to your account.

Pretty sure this is how they know if you have a car or not -- if you have a car, you need to use your Magic Band/ticket to open the entry resort gate. They use that information.
Good to know! I've never had to do this (except while coming 'home' in an Uber)..

No, you should not be but it's always good to check your expenses summary that Pop will send you. You may also wish to stop at the front desk during your trip (if not already planning to go there) to advise them that you do not have a car.
Thanks, I will keep this is mind!! 9 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exciting!! We arrive in 10 days.....hopefully!
Oops.. We have 10 also.. flying down on Sunday the30th.. I guess I maybe a little anxious to get there. It's cold here in MI and I'm done with winter now. Hope this 5G stuff doesn't cause flight cancelations! Sweetie says if that happens.. we're hopping in the car and driving!! lol

Parking Fees

You will not be charged for parking unless you park a car. I believe they determine this when people use their magic band to open the parking gate at the resort entrance, but I could be wrong.

You will not be charged for parking unless you park a car. I believe they determine this when people use their magic band to open the parking gate at the resort entrance, but I could be wrong.
Yea, it has to happen at the gate when you arrive to check in. Nowhere on our reservation did it ask if we were parking a car but we did get charged for parking (correctly). Maybe the guard at the gate triggers that charge because we got there and never moved the car again until we left 10 days later.

Updates have been made to posts on page 1 re: parking charges.

As always, thanks for all the great information shared here that allow us to keep the first posts current. Greatly appreciated!
In talking to my SIL.. who drives to POP Century and whose DH has a Disability tag on their car - they can park free. I don't know if they have to show the tag at the front desk to get the fee taken off their account or how that happens... maybe someone else knows. She wasn't too clear about it to me.

Does anyone know if the ice cream station is back to being ice cream yet? In September it was closed and being use for mobile ordering pick up. We will be there Mar 6th and I miss being able to go there and get my dole whip.

Just got back from 5 nights. We arrived at 1:30am on Saturday morning - never got notice of our room being ready even though we did online check in so stopped at the front desk. Upgraded to the 60's building. Stopped at Bell Services and picked up my Amazon/Whole Foods order that had been delivered at 9:30pm the night before. No charge for picking it up myself.

They did ask me at check in if I had a vehicle or if I was dropped off.

Ice Cream station is still the Mobile Food Pickup Location.

The day we left (around 11am?) we noticed Pluto and Goofy (in his 50th outfit) hanging around for photos in the grassy area between Bell Services and the 60's building! It was nice to see that magic at the hotel!

Skyliner was super convenient, the Epcot line actually went down early for refurb on the 19th.

Just got back from 5 nights. We arrived at 1:30am on Saturday morning - never got notice of our room being ready even though we did online check in so stopped at the front desk. Upgraded to the 60's building. Stopped at Bell Services and picked up my Amazon/Whole Foods order that had been delivered at 9:30pm the night before. No charge for picking it up myself.

They did ask me at check in if I had a vehicle or if I was dropped off.

Ice Cream station is still the Mobile Food Pickup Location.

The day we left (around 11am?) we noticed Pluto and Goofy (in his 50th outfit) hanging around for photos in the grassy area between Bell Services and the 60's building! It was nice to see that magic at the hotel!

Skyliner was super convenient, the Epcot line actually went down early for refurb on the 19th.

We arrive tomorrow are planning to go to Epcot on Saturday since Skyliner is supposed to be down the 23-28th. Are you saying it was down for just part of the 19th or if it is now down until the 28th?

I got charged for parking at Pop once when I never entered or exited the resort in anything but Disney buses. I always check my room charges just in case.

Does anyone know if the ice cream station is back to being ice cream yet? In September it was closed and being use for mobile ordering pick up. We will be there Mar 6th and I miss being able to go there and get my dole whip.
It was closed on our Dec 6 - 15th trip.

We arrive tomorrow are planning to go to Epcot on Saturday since Skyliner is supposed to be down the 23-28th. Are you saying it was down for just part of the 19th or if it is now down until the 28th?
It might already be up. I think I read something somewhere that since it closed early they did some of the maintenance on the 19th and it was shortened to a three day refurb? Might want to search that one and see!

I've looked for an update and I'm not convinced at this time that the Skyliner closure recently replaces the planned closure from the 23rd - 28th next week. (The only site I found that hinted at this is one that is not known for accuracy of it's information which is why it's blocked from posting on DISboards.)

All of the information on the Disney websites is still indicating that it will be closed next week. I would go planning on the closure to be in place and be pleasantly surprised if it's open or, closed for a shorter period of time.

Last edited:
In talking to my SIL.. who drives to POP Century and whose DH has a Disability tag on their car - they can park free. I don't know if they have to show the tag at the front desk to get the fee taken off their account or how that happens... maybe someone else knows. She wasn't too clear about it to me.

When I was there the first week of January, 2022, I went straight to the room having done the online check-in but I did go to the front desk the next day to show my handicapped hand tag and I was not charged for parking.

I'm beginning to finally believe that our trip next week will happen! :yay:

If there are questions anyone has that they would like me to find out when I'm there, please add them here.

Also, if there are any specific measurements you'd like to know within the room, please post and I will do my best to find those out too. Measuring tape is packed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter