Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

There are standard rooms in EVERY building so there is no reason to worry you will only be 50s or 90s. In the online check-in area of MDE, you can put in 2 room requests choosing from ground floor, king bed, 50s section, 70s section. You could repeat your 50s request there. Just keep in mind there is no guarantee when it comes to room other than you will be placed in at least the room category you booked.
Sorry but this is not correct.

OP is staying in a standard Pool View room. Those are only in 50’s, 80’s and 90’s.

2 options @howedaniel,

1. Request a specific room in the 50’s using Touring Pkans room request tool. (Not sure if you need to be a member to use this?)

2. Save money and move to standard room unless you really want pool view. IMHO the standard pool view rooms are in the least desirable locations at Pop.

You may make a location request but it is not guaranteed so you may be placed in 80’s section with current booking so you’ll want to be okay with that if you keep your current booking.

My recommendation is to switch to a standard room.

Last edited:
I have booked a standard pool view room and from looking at the map at the beginning of this thread I think that could put my room either in the 50s or 90s. I really don't want the 90s. I have called and requested a note be added to my booking for the 50s section. Is there anything else I could do?
With standard pool rooms it’s the 50’s or the 80’s (buildings 7 and 9) - not the 90’s.

Just make the 50’s as your only request. If they put you in the 80’s, ask if they can switch you when you check in. If they can switch you, they will. If there is nothing available and it’s really important to you, ask if you can be switched the next day.

Sorry but this is not correct.

OP is staying in a standard Pool View room. Those are only in 50’s and 90’s.

2 options @howedaniel,

1. Request a specific room in the 50’s using Touring Pkans room request tool. (Not sure if you need to be a member to use this?)

2. Save money and move to standard room unless you really want pool view. IMHO the standard pool view rooms are in the least desirable locations at Pop.

You may make a location request but it is not guaranteed so you may be placed in 90’s section with current booking so you’ll want to be okay with that if you keep your current booking.

My recommendation is to switch to a standard room.
Maybe they are wrong, but according to Touring Plans, standard pool views are in the 80’s buildings, not the 90’s building.

I have booked a standard pool view room and from looking at the map at the beginning of this thread I think that could put my room either in the 50s or 90s. I really don't want the 90s. I have called and requested a note be added to my booking for the 50s section. Is there anything else I could do?
Take away pool view. - This would open up lots of standard rooms that are much closer to lobby/transportation.

With standard pool rooms it’s the 50’s or the 80’s (buildings 7 and 9) - not the 90’s.

Just make the 50’s as your only request. If they put you in the 80’s, ask if they can switch you when you check in. If they can switch you, they will. If there is nothing available and it’s really important to you, ask if you can be switched the next day.
Please see this post. Rooms indicated with the bright green lines are the Standard Pool view rooms. They are in the 50’s, 80’s and 90’s.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3821785/post-62568952

Please see this post. Rooms indicated with the bright green lines are the Standard Pool view rooms. They are in the 50’s, 80’s and 90’s.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3821785/post-62568952
Yes. I know about the map. I’ve been posting this map for people for years as well.

That’s why I was surprised to see Touring Plans not listing the 90’s rooms facing the pool as standard pool view. I know they can be wrong, but I think they used to be listed as such.

If I plan on using an ecv during my stay, will I have to park it inside or outside of my room? And if it's parked outside, can I have a ground room?
No one in my family has ever used an ECV but our neighbor at Pop in May had one and parked it outside when they weren’t using it. We were on the second floor. I’m sure that you can request the first floor but it isn’t guaranteed. Also, I’m pretty sure I have read others saying that if you don’t use the fold down bed it will fit in the room but if both beds are being used it will not fit in the room.

If I plan on using an ecv during my stay, will I have to park it inside or outside of my room? And if it's parked outside, can I have a ground room floor?

No one in my family has ever used an ECV but our we park them in the room neighbor at Pop in May had one and parked it outside when they weren’t using it. We were on the second floor. I’m sure that you can request the first floor but it isn’t guaranteed. Also, I’m pretty sure I have read others saying that if you don’t use the fold down bed it will fit in the room but if both beds are being used it will not fit in the room.
My parents each use an ECV and We park them inside the room even when the bed is folded down. One fits snd with careful maneuvering, 2 fit but it’s tight.

Some guests choose to leave them outside at night but it’s preferable they be in rooms as any damage by leaving them outside would be the responsibility of the owner/renter.

ECVs easily fit in the Pop elevators so while convenient to have a ground floor room, it’s not necessary.

My parents each use an ECV and We park them inside the room even when the bed is folded down. One fits snd with careful maneuvering, 2 fit but it’s tight.

Some guests choose to leave them outside at night but it’s preferable they be in rooms as any damage by leaving them outside would be the responsibility of the owner/renter.

ECVs easily fit in the Pop elevators so while convenient to have a ground floor room, it’s not necessary.
Thank you for clarifying. 😀

Hello All! I think the POP food court opens at 7:00 am. Are the microwaves available for use before the food lines open? We would like to bring our own breakfast to heat and eat using the microwaves and some mornings would need to eat before 7:00 in order to get to the parks 45 minutes before Early Entry. Thanks for any and all help!

Hello All! I think the POP food court opens at 7:00 am. Are the microwaves available for use before the food lines open? We would like to bring our own breakfast to heat and eat using the microwaves and some mornings would need to eat before 7:00 in order to get to the parks 45 minutes before Early Entry. Thanks for any and all help!
Unfortunately, no. The Pop food area is all linked together so microwaves, drink stations, etc are not accessible until Everything Pop Shopping and Dining opens.

Thanks for the reply! I guess we can use the coffeemaker to heat some water for oatmeal the days we need to get a very early start.
Yes. Others pop by the food court area then eat breakfast waiting in line for transportation to start. Eating on transportation isn't allowed but it's rare for any form of transportation to be running at 7AM. At that time guests are in line securing their places.

Thanks for the reply! I guess we can use the coffeemaker to heat some water for oatmeal the days we need to get a very early start.
It is hard to beat Pop Century because of the Skyliner and Hourglass Lake,but because the Shops and Food Courts are not "connected" at the All-Star Resorts,their Beverage Islands/Microwaves/Toasters ARE available 24/7 which really is a nice plus that Pop Century and Art of Animation do not offer.

We just bought a mini toaster (slim single slice) to bring to Pop in September. We will be able to make waffles for the kids before we leave. As long as the airport security doesn’t think it’s a bomb 🤣 Only half joking about that, I am actually kinda worried they will take it.

We just bought a mini toaster (slim single slice) to bring to Pop in September. We will be able to make waffles for the kids before we leave. As long as the airport security doesn’t think it’s a bomb 🤣 Only half joking about that, I am actually kinda worried they will take it.

just be aware that the disney hotel does not permit personal appliances like that to be used.

We are going in mid December, so EE will start at 7:30 at some parks some days. I do remember staying at the All Stars and being able to access the microwaves and drink stations very early in past years - that was really nice. I’m guessing Art of Animation is set up the same way as POP so no early access to their either?

We are going in mid December, so EE will start at 7:30 at some parks some days. I do remember staying at the All Stars and being able to access the microwaves and drink stations very early in past years - that was really nice. I’m guessing Art of Animation is set up the same way as POP so no early access to their either?
Unfortunately yes.

Personal appliances like kettles, microwaves and toasters are not allowed to be used at Pop Century as they are a fire hazards. Please do not take these with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter