Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!

We had a car and stayed in the 80's (the wing near the parking lot; rooms 7101-7472) and the 90's (rooms 8101-8472). These were very convenient for parking and not bad for going to the food court and buses. We drove most of the time when visiting the parks. The 90's room was great; we usually parked in the small parking lot just to the east of the north end of the 90's building.

Last edited:
What buildings/sections of the resort are the standard rooms apart of? we've stayed here a few but the most recent time we booked room for a night on Priceline so we didn't know if it was a standard or preferred.

I actually eat a wedge of the Lite Laughing Cow cheese with some Triscuits and fresh fruit for breakfast everyday at home so I could totally order that from Garden Grocer. My sister and I are going on our very first vacation together this September. It will be her first time there. I am so excited! BTW, I’m from Ohio too near Sandusky, home of Cedar Point.

I grew up in Sandusky! :-) Cedar Point was our Disney World when I was a kid. I still live not too far away; went to CP a few years and that's how I found out I'm too old to ride roller coasters! But Cedar Downs is my favorite ride, and I can still ride that like a boss. :-)

My sister and I will be at Pop Century on Sunday night, first time ever in WDW! We're excited. :-)

I'm planning to eat breakfast in my room, to save time and money, but since there aren't any microwaves it seems like my options are limited. Any suggestions besides cereal? That doesn't seem like enough when you need fuel for a whole day o' Disney...
I'm not a breakfast eater at all but DS is the kid who can eat breakfast at home then again at school 20 minutes later. We bring instant oatmeal for him. We like the ones that are already in bowls (like easy mac) but I think next trip we'll just bring packets and a bowl. I use the coffee maker for the hot water and it works great. The coffee maker heats the water really well. He's 11 so he knows how to work the coffee maker so I'll get his water going for his oatmeal and hop in the shower. He then adds the water to his oatmeal and lets it "cook" while he starts my coffee for me. When my coffee is done brewing he knows his oatmeal should be cooked and cooled enough to eat. By the time I'm done in the shower my coffee has cooled to just below scalding and I drink it while I get dressed and do my hair. It works great for us and gives him enough fuel that he's not asking for breakfast the moment we walk into the parks. LOL

I grew up in Sandusky! :-) Cedar Point was our Disney World when I was a kid. I still live not too far away; went to CP a few years and that's how I found out I'm too old to ride roller coasters! But Cedar Downs is my favorite ride, and I can still ride that like a boss. :-)
I actually grew up in Norwalk (graduated in 1980) and have lived in Milan for past 37 years. We don’t really go to Cedar Point much anymore. I can’t handle those coasters either and I hate rides that go in circles. The Witch’s Wheel was the end for me years ago. Ugh! I’d rather fly to WDW then drive 20 minutes to Cedar Point.

Last edited:
DME tagged checked bags will be brought to the room. Any luggage you bring to the resort yourself and leave with bell services would probably need to be picked up.

You brought up having left a bag with bell services, which would be a different scenario than the bags they deliver straight from the airport.
Yes they bring checked luggage to your room but, if you arrive before your room is ready and want to leave the resort, carry-on bags can be checked with luggage services and they offer to deliver them to your room once you’ve received your room ready message. I left carry-ons with them at 12:30 and was assured they would deliver them to my room when it was ready. Having them delivered almost 8 hours after the message was not what I anticipated. We had been up since 2am and the last thing I wanted to be doing at 10pm was to be chasing down luggage.

I actually grew up in Norwalk (graduated in 1980) and have lived in Milan for past 37 years. We don’t really go to Cedar Point much anymore. I can’t handle those coasters either and I hate rides that go in circles. The Witch’s Wheel was the end for me years ago. Ugh! I’d rather fly to WDW then drive 20 minutes to Cedar Point.
haha!! I grew up with Cedar Point too! Grew up in Lorain, now it's just a 35 minute drive. And totally agree I'd much rather fly to WDW than drive to CP these days. I still do some of the coasters, most of them I gave up many years ago. But can't handle the atmosphere there anymore. It's really gotten too expensive for what you get. We put our money into our WDW trips!!

There are microwaves in the food court, free to use for anyone, and not many people use them. This is true for all Disney hotels. If you don't want to take time to walk there, then you can prepare your own "continental breakfast" by eating granola, bagels, croissants, cookies, cakes, bananas, apples, gram crackers and such by ordering them from grocery deliveries such as Amazon Prime Now. That's the kind of breakfast they feed you at Club Level. For a lot more money.

My family eat nothing but box cereal and milk (available in half gallons in food court, around $4) for breakfast. I don't let my kids eat box cereal unless we are in Disney World, so they are excited about it, though the excitement does wear thin towards the end of the trip when they eat fruit loops every day for 14 days. It's good enough to keep them moving till lunch time.

That cereal comment about the kids eating the same every day for 14 days cracks me up. We do the same thing for the same amount of time lol. I do surprise my kid once in the trip with a tie dye cheesecake for breakfast when I go get my coffee (don’t like the in room coffee as much as in the food court). She never knows when it is coming although it is clearly the last week we are there. She has hope every day will be the day - even after she gets it. And she is 15!

I actually eat a wedge of the Lite Laughing Cow cheese with some Triscuits and fresh fruit for breakfast everyday at home so I could totally order that from Garden Grocer. My sister and I are going on our very first vacation together this September. It will be her first time there. I am so excited! BTW, I’m from Ohio too near Sandusky, home of Cedar Point.

I am from about an hour north of Columbus and spend many days up at Cedar Point every summer! We will be staying at Breakers for a couple of nights over the 4th! I love it up there. Grew up spending my summers on Catawba Island.

haha!! I grew up with Cedar Point too! Grew up in Lorain, now it's just a 35 minute drive. And totally agree I'd much rather fly to WDW than drive to CP these days. I still do some of the coasters, most of them I gave up many years ago. But can't handle the atmosphere there anymore. It's really gotten too expensive for what you get. We put our money into our WDW trips!!

Agree with you on the cost at CP. I basically go to chaperone my teen from coaster to coaster. We try to spend a couple nights at Breakers every year which I love but whew their prices are high. We no longer have season passes there (but do at Disney lol) but go when we can get cheap tickets (which we regularly can do). CP was my happy place as a kid so I still have a lot of happiness when I go just from that. I didn’t go to Disney until I was 40 and it is my happy place now.

I have stayed at Pop over 10 times. This trip will be the first time we will have a car with us and do plan to drive to the parks each day. Which is the best building to request when driving? Our old standby request of 60's lake view looks too inconvenient with a car. Thanks for your help!
By "best" do you mean closest to the parking lot?

Buildings 7 and 8 are close to the "70's - 80's" parking lot.
Building 1 and 2 are close to the "50's - 60's" parking lot.
60's lake view is a straight shot (about 3 minutes walking time) to the "90's" parking lot.

I am from about an hour north of Columbus and spend many days up at Cedar Point every summer! We will be staying at Breakers for a couple of nights over the 4th! I love it up there. Grew up spending my summers on Catawba Island.
You must live around Lexington/Mansfield area? We’re fortunate to have the Lake Erie Islands nearby.

Agree with you on the cost at CP. I basically go to chaperone my teen from coaster to coaster. We try to spend a couple nights at Breakers every year which I love but whew their prices are high. We no longer have season passes there (but do at Disney lol) but go when we can get cheap tickets (which we regularly can do). CP was my happy place as a kid so I still have a lot of happiness when I go just from that. I didn’t go to Disney until I was 40 and it is my happy place now.

I can remember going to Cedar Point as a kid circa 1970ish, with my little sister, mom and grandma and we would find a spot at the picnic table pavilion, spread out our tablecloth, plop our cooler down and then just head into the park. I miss those innocent days.

I can remember going to Cedar Point as a kid circa 1970ish, with my little sister, mom and grandma and we would find a spot at the picnic table pavilion, spread out our tablecloth, plop our cooler down and then just head into the park. I miss those innocent days.

They still have that picnic area (it is outside the gates but right beside the park). People still put their picnic stuff on tables there. (Last I checked - honestly I haven’t looked over there for a few years ).

Come beginning of June I will be back at Pop where I belong! Trying to decide if I should take my credit card off my room account so I don’t get the $100 hold(s) places on it. Since we are there 14 nights they could put a couple on. (I would prefer they put one on the whole trip but for all I know they could release it day 5 and 10 and replace with a 2nd and 3rd hold. It takes a few days for a hold to release so it could briefly be $200 in holds. Not a huge deal but it is my debit card. We rarely do room charging anyway. It is just as easy to use a gift card. I am leaning toward removing it. I paid off my room only early. Wonder what time they add the hold. If it is before I get there it wouldn’t matter if I took the card off. Decisions, decisions lol

Come beginning of June I will be back at Pop where I belong! Trying to decide if I should take my credit card off my room account so I don’t get the $100 hold(s) places on it. Since we are there 14 nights they could put a couple on. (I would prefer they put one on the whole trip but for all I know they could release it day 5 and 10 and replace with a 2nd and 3rd hold. It takes a few days for a hold to release so it could briefly be $200 in holds. Not a huge deal but it is my debit card. We rarely do room charging anyway. It is just as easy to use a gift card. I am leaning toward removing it. I paid off my room only early. Wonder what time they add the hold. If it is before I get there it wouldn’t matter if I took the card off. Decisions, decisions lol
I wouldn’t think they would put the hold on before you get there. I would just go ahead and remove your debit card now since you’re all paid up and just use a gift card while there. I’m so jealous of your 14 night stay!

They still have that picnic area (it is outside the gates but right beside the park). People still put their picnic stuff on tables there. (Last I checked - honestly I haven’t looked over there for a few years ).
I haven’t been there in a long time. I don’t think I’d be comfortable leaving a cooler just sitting there anymore. It’s harder to trust people now than it use to be.

I wouldn’t think they would put the hold on before you get there. I would just go ahead and remove your debit card now since you’re all paid up and just use a gift card while there. I’m so jealous of your 14 night stay!

I don’t think I can remove it from online checkin. I think I have to wait until we are there to do it. I can remove my card from the Disney app but it is separate from the card for online checkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter