Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a pay_it_forward group for Pop? I’d like to contribute and use it this June if possible. TIA!

It will be myself, my wife, and 5 year old daughter. Is there a floor that is best to be on?

Depends on what you prefer as everyone is different. We like the top floor so there's nobody above us and we like the view. Some dislike the top floor because they don't want to wait for the elevator. Some like bottom floor for easy access yet we don't like it. I don't think there is one best floor for everyone.

Gondola travel times published:
"Disney has just revealed the approximate ride times:
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 5-6 minutes
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Pop Century Resort or Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: under six minutes
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort: about 5 minutes • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to International Gateway at Epcot: approximately 15 minutes

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...-gondola-transportation-at-walt-disney-world/

I know I've seen it here before but cannot figure out how to search the thread...

Does anyone know the brand of mattresses in the refurbed rooms? Thank you!

Did you book through the Varsity package or on your own? If you booked through Varisty, there are buses specifically for athletes and parents who bought the packages. If not, you will need to Uber/Lyft/car pool. There are not buses that regularly run between the resorts and ESPN.
No, we booked on our own b/c our team is at the marriott off-site. I'm expecting to shell out lots of uber dollars anyways (other daughter competing same time by Sea World), so what's a few more rides at this point. If no bus, it is what it is.

2 more sleeps until we arrive at POP! A few questions....

We have the memory maker - are there ever photographers on resort? Or just in the theme parks?

Would the May activity calendar be out yet? If so, where could I find it?

So excited to explore POP & hang by the pool on our first day! :flower:

I've never seen any at Pop. I have only seen them at Poly and AKL around the holidays at the Christmas tree (last Thanksgiving week), and also in the GF lobby (that was around Labor Day 2016).

Have a great time! We love hanging at the pool on arrival day!

We haven’t been to Disney (and Pop) in five years. Sounds like all the rooms have been refurbished, and now have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. I’ve searched back 20+ pages on this thread but can’t find updated pictures/info. We have always brought an inflatable twin mattress because double beds are tight. Now that our kids are grown up size (and that Murphy bed looks suspiciously skinny) I’d like to do the same, but there’s a dresser where we used to put it, along the wall by the foot of the beds. Can someone tell me if the dresser is moveable or if the mattress would fit closer to the door? No reason to haul mattress and bedding down there if it won’t fit anywhere. Thanks!

We haven’t been to Disney (and Pop) in five years. Sounds like all the rooms have been refurbished, and now have a queen bed and a queen Murphy bed. I’ve searched back 20+ pages on this thread but can’t find updated pictures/info. We have always brought an inflatable twin mattress because double beds are tight. Now that our kids are grown up size (and that Murphy bed looks suspiciously skinny) I’d like to do the same, but there’s a dresser where we used to put it, along the wall by the foot of the beds. Can someone tell me if the dresser is moveable or if the mattress would fit closer to the door? No reason to haul mattress and bedding down there if it won’t fit anywhere. Thanks!
this thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/) has all the room refurbishment information.

A single, inflatable mattress kinda fits but it will need to be pushed up against the door of the room and a potion of it will be under the Murphy bed. That is the only place it will fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter