Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if there is a different thread for this as this isn’t Pop specific but does anyone know the best way to visit Universal for the day when staying at Pop? We are going to Halloween Horror Nights during our stay but we won’t have a car. I’m thinking Uber is probably our best bet?

So I thought it would be a long time before we would be back to Pop since we recently bought DVC, but we just booked one night, June 21st! :flower1: The next day we'll be moving to AKL so we won't be there long but it'll be nice to be back even for just one night. We're not heading down til late afternoon, so I'm hoping we can get there before the pools close!

Just clarifying... If you are cool with the rooms being next to each other but NO door between them or close by (around the corner, across the elevator/stair area), then "adjoining" is fine for your request.

If you are hoping there is a door between the rooms, then you need to change your request to CONNECTING.

There is a difference in hotel-speak. I used to work in a hotel, and the number of complaints we got when people who WERE in adjoining rooms really wanted connecting was ridiculous.
Thank you. I didn’t know there was a difference in terms. Definitely hoping for connecting so I will make sure I use the correct wording

I was leaning towards 50s for the theme.
FIFTIES ALL THE WAY!

We LOVE the 1950s Pool View!!!!:)

So gorgeous and we love the Bowling Pool Soundtrack!!!!:)

31072704002_d823b2c2f4_c.jpg

Sorry if there is a different thread for this as this isn’t Pop specific but does anyone know the best way to visit Universal for the day when staying at Pop? We are going to Halloween Horror Nights during our stay but we won’t have a car. I’m thinking Uber is probably our best bet?

We used lyft from POP to Universal a couple of years ago and it worked out fine. I’d imagine Uber would work out just the same. Enjoy!

I used Uber the last time I went to Universal from Disney and it's quick and easy, very straightforward in where the pickup/dropoff areas are.

A friend used Lyft last September on 2 different days. Their charges were around $16 each way. Uber was quoting around $23 so they chose Lyft.

Has anyone used Lyft recently from MCO to POP and how much did it cost? I get in at 6:30 pm and am thinking about using Lyft instead of DME so I get there sooner then 8:30. Also what about from POP to Vineland outlets and cost.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Lyft recently from MCO to POP? I get in at 6:30 pm and am thinking about using Lyft instead of DME so I get there sooner then 8:30. Also what about from POP to Vineland outlets.
I've used Lyft to the vineland outlets from Pop and found Uber to be cheaper

Has anyone used Lyft recently from MCO to POP and how much did it cost? I get in at 6:30 pm and am thinking about using Lyft instead of DME so I get there sooner then 8:30. Also what about from POP to Vineland outlets and cost.

There’s a great thread about Uber and Lyft on the DIS Transportation board. Several people who post there are drivers and/or frequent ride share patrons. They frequently recommend checking both apps each time you want a ride, as which one has the better price can vary.

There’s a great thread about Uber and Lyft on the DIS Transportation board. Several people who post there are drivers and/or frequent ride share patrons. They frequently recommend checking both apps each time you want a ride, as which one has the better price can vary.

Ok thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter