• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am REALLY REALLY glad that we were able to get a room-only 'package' a couple of months ago at POP now for our January 2021 trip! So glad that we went with that instead of an All Stars resort like I was originally thinking of doing.

Oh no, CALL and get your new resort? I feel like the phone lines are gonna be insane.
On the bright side I have a TA call for me! We will see how all of this goes down. My daughters TA told her that they are only reassigning rooms for people who have reservations in June and July. Who knows?!

Going to go with:

July 11-Magic Kingdom
July 12-Animal Kingdom
July 13-Magic Kingdom
July14-Animal Kingdom
July15-EPCOT----SKYLINER TIME!!!!
July 16-Hollywood Studios
July 17-EPCOT

EIGHT MORE MINUTES!

Took 3 hours but I finally realized it wasn’t going to happen with my iPhone on safari. I was getting a blank screen when I tried to go to the reservation page. Used daughter’s chrome book and after going through a black door to log in (making and cancelling a dinner reservation) I was able to do it. My iPhone wasn’t having it lol. I’m wiped out.

Looks like this was definitely a "signal" POP would be one of the Resorts to open!

Do you think Skyliner will open before July 15 for testing with Guests?

Would love to take a few flights even without Epcot and DHS open! :)
I don't know when it will open, but saw already that they have been testing, so I would assume it will be operational first day of the resort opening.

I don't know when it will open, but saw already that they have been testing, so I would assume it will be operational first day of the resort opening.

It was great to see them up in the air when I watched a vlog from Topolono’s terrace today. We just missed the opening of them at our last pop stay and we were afraid we wouldn’t have them this time (saw them when we stayed briefly at Music in February). Things are looking up!

Does anyone know when the Skyliner will be open? Just got moved to POP today & we're hoping we'll get to use it.

Have 6 nights booked over Christmas. Got all our park reservations this morning within 10 minutes.
happy I waited for today seeing all the issues people had yesterday.

Have 6 nights booked over Christmas. Got all our park reservations this morning within 10 minutes.
happy I waited for today seeing all the issues people had yesterday.
Great news!!

If I had known how few people were not getting what they wanted I'd have waited too. It was the unknown of how many people were trying and how many were available that had everyone rushing. So glad you got all that you wanted today @mommy2mrb!

Great news!!

If I had known how few people were not getting what they wanted I'd have waited too. It was the unknown of how many people were trying and how many were available that had everyone rushing. So glad you got all that you wanted today @mommy2mrb!

thanks. Hope you got any dates you needed.

thanks. Hope you got any dates you needed.
I did thanks! Got all 8 days we're scheduled to be there but really can't see us 'needing' a 9 night trip if the water parks are not open, capacity is reduced and a lot of things we would normally do are not going to be offered. Hoping at some point the offer the ability to reduce the dates of our trip....if we even go at all. Watching and waiting to decide as we get closer to our trip.

I would leave it as is, if going. Because if you change it, you will be charged the upgrade. If Disney moves you, it's a complimentary upgrade.

Coming here to correct myself. Apparently if your resort is closed, and you don’t call and change/pay- they are cancelling 7 days out! 😲 Does not seem fair!

Does anyone know when the Skyliner will be open? Just got moved to POP today & we're hoping we'll get to use it.
Time will tell and I am hoping I am wrong,but I am leaning to they won't open it until July 15 when EPCOT and DHS open or maybe July 14 for Cast to train with actual Guests flying.

Hope I am wrong and they open on July 11 for POP and DRR Guests to "Joyfly". :)

(FWIW just read on the CBR that a Guest was told by a Disney CM that Skyliner WON"T be opening with the Parks.)

Last edited:
Time will tell and I am hoping I am wrong,but I am leaning to they won't open it until July 15 when EPCOT and DHS open or maybe July 14 for Cast to train with actual Guests flying.

Hope I am wrong and they open on July 11 for POP and DRR Guests to "Joyfly". :)

(FWIW just read on the CBR that a Guest was told by a Disney CM that Skyliner WON"T be opening with the Parks.)

I am wondering if they will only open when CBR is open too. I think they open a few weeks after Pop. I really hope for Pop guests they open it when Epcot and HS open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter