Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we request end room in the 1950's ?
Also - we do not mind doing stairs if we are on the top floor
But...
arrival night 10 PM - is there a reliable elevator to bring up 2 suitcases ?
You can request 50’s section when you check-in online. Just a note that it is only a request and never guaranteed. You can put in your requests and they will do their best to honour it.
When you receive your room assignment, if it’s not in your preferred location you can go to the front desk to ask if they’re able to move you and they will try.

Yes, each building has 2 elevators in the centre of it that are very reliable.

Just test it first if not waking the room is important. We had a really noisy door once so no one could use it without waking everyone. It does muffle the bathroom noise very well though, much better than curtains.
Good to know. We've stayed in 6 different rooms at Pop since the renovation and never found it to be a problem. Hopefully the noisy one you had has been repaired by now.

Good to know. We've stayed in 6 different rooms at Pop since the renovation and never found it to be a problem. Hopefully the noisy one you had has been repaired by now.
It kind of went Clunk when you first started to move it and then the sound of the wheels on the track was much louder than usual. I have stayed in so many new rooms now that I don’t remember which one it was . . .

We have a Preferred room reserved for April 2021
We like the 1950's and the "quiet" pool there
So we will just ask for an end-room and upper floor
And see where we will land

If we check in online - when do they text you your room number ?
Our plane does not leave till around 6:30 PM
Do we get a text before then ?
When do they text you your room number ?

Maybe we can call and get a better room before we arrive. :)

Thank you :thanks:

I extended my trip by a night :) super excited! I love this new no change fee airline thing :cool1:... makes giving into my Disney impulses easier.

If we check in online - when do they text you your room number ?
Our plane does not leave till around 6:30 PM
Do we get a text before then ?
When do they text you your room number ?

Maybe we can call and get a better room before we arrive.
You'll get the text as soon as the room is ready.
Yes, you'll probably get the room number text before your plane leaves at 6:30 PM
If you don't like the room you are assigned it can't hurt to call and get a better room.

We are scheduled for Pop for June 1st-9th in a preferred pool room. We have until 7 days before the trip to pay in full, so we are are just watching and waiting. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Just rescheduled memorial week trip to July 14-25 at Pop :) so excited! requesting 1960s 4th floor with view of Skyliner:)

We are scheduled June 19-26 after a school trip for my son that I was chaperoning in April was cancelled. We were staying off site with the trip. Thankfully we had most of our trip refunded by the travel company, so we decided on a full family trip at Pop in June. Stayed here in February 2019 with my daughter and we loved it! Fingers crossed super tight for a June opening!!

July 11-17 here.

Feeling better every day that WDW "may" get to open by then.

Do you think there is a chance they will "continue" the International Flower & Garden Festival through the Summer?

Another interesting question-Will it be a "15s Free Summer"!?lol:)

Going with 1950s Pool View. :)

July 11-17 here.

Feeling better every day that WDW "may" get to open by then.

Do you think there is a chance they will "continue" the International Flower & Garden Festival through the Summer?

Another interesting question-Will it be a "15s Free Summer"!?lol:)

Going with 1950s Pool View. :)
View attachment 492298
Love this view!! We've requested 70's lake view this time. I am seriously considering moving our trip to the same week as yours, but hate to lose all our FP's and ADR's (Cali Grill brunch and BOG, and all the good FP's!!) even if they will be affected by COVID requirements. I figure they'll be better than having nothing even if there's just a slim chance of going. We can be flexible with our travel so I'm planning on rolling the dice until they cancel on us which was what happened with our March trip. If they do, we'll probably still go in June and just wing it, but would be bummed to give up all our goodies!!

We would LOVE if flower and garden is still there when/if we go. Even if it's just the topiaries! We have EPCOT planned our first night because it coincides with the scheduled last day of F&G. We wanted to ride the Skyliner over, because it wasn't open when I was there with my son last year. This is my daughter's equivalent "senior trip with mom" so we were trying to do all the same things with F&G being one of them. It was beautiful and we love to eat all the foods! :flower:

That being said, we have never been during "15 season"! :sunny: Our trips have been October, December, January, a couple of February's, and March/April, and we have been pretty spoiled by weather and decent crowds for the most part. This is the closest to summer we've ever been! I am really wondering if this will be like our very first trip in January 2010 when we pretty much walked on every ride and rode multiple times due to the proposed capacity limitations!! (And therefore got hooked! ha!) It will be different with COVID modifications, yes, but maybe it will be ok. We shall see! Like, I said, hopeful!! Yours definitely sounds more likely that ours though!:genie:

Love this view!! We've requested 70's lake view this time. I am seriously considering moving our trip to the same week as yours, but hate to lose all our FP's and ADR's (Cali Grill brunch and BOG, and all the good FP's!!) even if they will be affected by COVID requirements. I figure they'll be better than having nothing even if there's just a slim chance of going. We can be flexible with our travel so I'm planning on rolling the dice until they cancel on us which was what happened with our March trip. If they do, we'll probably still go in June and just wing it, but would be bummed to give up all our goodies!!

We would LOVE if flower and garden is still there when/if we go. Even if it's just the topiaries! We have EPCOT planned our first night because it coincides with the scheduled last day of F&G. We wanted to ride the Skyliner over, because it wasn't open when I was there with my son last year. This is my daughter's equivalent "senior trip with mom" so we were trying to do all the same things with F&G being one of them. It was beautiful and we love to eat all the foods! :flower:

That being said, we have never been during "15 season"! :sunny: Our trips have been October, December, January, a couple of February's, and March/April, and we have been pretty spoiled by weather and decent crowds for the most part. This is the closest to summer we've ever been! I am really wondering if this will be like our very first trip in January 2010 when we pretty much walked on every ride and rode multiple times due to the proposed capacity limitations!! (And therefore got hooked! ha!) It will be different with COVID modifications, yes, but maybe it will be ok. We shall see! Like, I said, hopeful!! Yours definitely sounds more likely that ours though!:genie:
Lake View rooms are awesome-hard to call Pop Century a "Value" resort when it has such a GORGEOUS Lake! :)

One cool thing if WDW does open on June 1,you and your daughter will be a "part" of WDW history-I can only imagine the excitement and energy among Guests and Cast Members if June 1 does turn out to be "Reopening Day"-would have to be close to the feeling on October 1,1971!:)

I just have a feeling-nothing to base it on,the Flower & Garden will continue into the Summer-maybe wishful thinking more than anything!lol

No words for Disney Skyliner-it is that fun and amazing!!!!

You will understand the hype once you experience it!!!!

Disney Skyliner and Rise of the Resistance are a one-two punch to remind everybody once again why the Walt Disney World Resort is the most AMAZING place on Planet Earth!!!!

The 15s,if they come,would only be there in force during July.

Have a fun Summer trip whenever it happens!

Lake View rooms are awesome-hard to call Pop Century a "Value" resort when it has such a GORGEOUS Lake! :)

One cool thing if WDW does open on June 1,you and your daughter will be a "part" of WDW history-I can only imagine the excitement and energy among Guests and Cast Members if June 1 does turn out to be "Reopening Day"-would have to be close to the feeling on October 1,1971!:)

I just have a feeling-nothing to base it on,the Flower & Garden will continue into the Summer-maybe wishful thinking more than anything!lol

No words for Disney Skyliner-it is that fun and amazing!!!!

You will understand the hype once you experience it!!!!

Disney Skyliner and Rise of the Resistance are a one-two punch to remind everybody once again why the Walt Disney World Resort is the most AMAZING place on Planet Earth!!!!

The 15s,if they come,would only be there in force during July.

Have a fun Summer trip whenever it happens!
It's so true!! We were deluxe folks until we tried Pop...we LOVE it for when it's not our entire family.

I was thinking the same about the Cast Members when it reopens!! they will be as excited as we will be. I sure hope it happens!
You have a wonderful trip as well!! pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter