Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought of this so thought I better ask now, do they have hairdryers in the room? I have a smaller travel size hairdryer that I take with me a lot of the time when I travel places. It has decent power, so just wondering what they provide at the resort. Thanks.

They do have hair dryers. The wall plug in the vanity area took a little getting used to in order to plug the dryer in. In fact the people before me had ruined the hair dryer plug by bending the tongs. I stopped at the front desk on my way to the food court to let them know I needed a replacement & one was in my room when I went back after lunch.

What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms? Leaving in 6 days, first time at POP!:yay:

Hi, luvngoofy.

These photos are from my thread in the DISability Board of the Disney Pop Century Resort Room #0203. The layout may be a little different because of the space taken up by the roll-in shower. There is a link in my signature below.

It is a very basic Cuisinart coffee maker that can make one or two cups.

This is the drawer below and above the Fridge.

And a larger view. The closet in a standard room is located in the bathroom and the coffee/fridge is located closer to the front door. This is a photo of the handicap room, but it has the same coffee/fridge cabinet and same TV/Dresser cabinets.

They do have hair dryers. The wall plug in the vanity area took a little getting used to in order to plug the dryer in. In fact the people before me had ruined the hair dryer plug by bending the tongs. I stopped at the front desk on my way to the food court to let them know I needed a replacement & one was in my room when I went back after lunch.

Hi, SoosieQ.

These photos are from my thread in the DISability Board of the Disney Pop Century Resort Room #0203. The layout may be a little different because of the space taken up by the roll-in shower. There is a link in my signature below.

The hair dryer was in a bag next to the iron in the closet in my standard roll-in shower room.

And in my room, the Ironing board was hanging in the bathroom hidden by the wall next to the trashcan

Is there ny difference in the height of the shower head between a regular shower and shower/tub? I have one DS who is very tall so the higher the better.

Is there ny difference in the height of the shower head between a regular shower and shower/tub? I have one DS who is very tall so the higher the better.

I'm not sure about that, but they do have two shower heads-one of them being a hand-held, so maybe that would work?

room-gw-g04.jpg

There is a height adjustable handheld shower.

Hi, luvngoofy.

View attachment 418883

View attachment 418884

It is a very basic Cuisinart coffee maker that can make one or two cups.

View attachment 418885

This is the drawer below and above the Fridge.

View attachment 418886

And a larger view. The closet in a standard room is located in the bathroom and the coffee/fridge is located closer to the front door. This is a photo of the handicap room, but it has the same coffee/fridge cabinet and same TV/Dresser cabinets.
Thank you! That is very useful info.

Coming back to POP in Dec after a long hiatus. Super excited about the remodel. Just me and hubby for our anniversary so we will have plenty of space in the room. Even more excited about the Skyliner! Anxious to compare our stay in POP to our stay in CSR in June.

Thanks for the quick responses, you guys are great! I was thinking of making that my room request, but I guess I don't need to. We have a preferred room, would like somewhere close to bus stops and quiet. Any suggestions?

As the mother of three 6+ footers, your DS will more than likely not fit underneath the top showerhead aka the rainfall shower if he's super tall. My 6' 14 yr old fit fine, my 6'5" 18 yr old did not. He had to use the wand.

As the mother of three 6+ footers, your DS will more than likely not fit underneath the top showerhead aka the rainfall shower if he's super tall. My 6' 14 yr old fit fine, my 6'5" 18 yr old did not. He had to use the wand.

Was that the shower/tub or just shower?
I have 3 boys too. The shortest is 6'2", the other 2 6'5". One is just 17, I pray he has stopped growing. I don't know how I am going to find pants to fit if he gets any taller since he is a 30 waist.

Have any of you had a snake encounter while staying at POP? I’m kind of questioning my decision now to request a lake view room. I’m wondering if I should have requested a room on a higher floor instead and not by the lake, but I don’t think it would make a huge difference honestly. I guess I can’t stop it from happening if it’s gonna happen. It’s not the end of the world if we encounter a snake but we obviously don’t want to. Just wondering about other experiences at this resort. Thanks.

Have any of you had a snake encounter while staying at POP? I’m kind of questioning my decision now to request a lake view room. I’m wondering if I should have requested a room on a higher floor instead and not by the lake, but I don’t think it would make a huge difference honestly. I guess I can’t stop it from happening if it’s gonna happen. It’s not the end of the world if we encounter a snake but we obviously don’t want to. Just wondering about other experiences at this resort. Thanks.
Yes. We were in ground floor lake view 60’s section. It was 2 nights in a row. We could see it slithering around through our window by the grass/pathway. The snake didn’t bother us, and we didn’t bother it. Lol.

I've seen a snake twice at Pop (2 different trips). Both times were near the pool. As soon as someone noticed them, a CM would swoop in and scoop it up with something (a net of some sort maybe???? I can't remember) and relocate it. I always requested an upper floor when staying at Pop or ASMo to reduce the chances of seeing one right outside our door. We've stayed at AoA on our last 4 visits and have walked along the lake at least once each visit and never saw one there (I'm sure they're there, though). I wouldn't change your request. We loved our (4th floor) lake view room location (building 4)

Yes. We were in ground floor lake view 60’s section. It was 2 nights in a row. We could see it slithering around through our window by the grass/pathway. The snake didn’t bother us, and we didn’t bother it. Lol.
Wait, was the snake actually in the room? I’m from Ireland, I may actually p*** myself if I see a snake in my room. I’m not cut out for this. :sad2:

No. Don’t worry. We were in our room looking at the snake outside. It wasn’t in our room.
Haha! Ok, thank you. Phew! At least if they’re outside and I’m inside, I can relax a bit. If I see one outside, I need to decide between running away or pretending I’m totally cool with this so my kids are cool with it. That’s some tough parenting decisions right there :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter