Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have stayed at Pop before.....will a gallon of milk fit in the mini-fridge? If anyone has photo of the fridge WITH food/drinks in it, that would be very helpful. I know it's a dorm-size fridge but it's hard to picture what would fit by just looking at it empty in a photo. TIA!!

Those two plastic shelves are adjustable and removable. It held my gallon of water that I used for my C.P.A.P. machine one time.

Last edited:
I can't find any pictures right now with a full gallon of milk but there is a report from someone on this thread that last year they were able to fit an entire case of 24 bottles of water in their fridge. Pretty much filled it but it gives an idea of the size when some/all of the shelves are removed.

As @RaySharpton shared, there are many reports of people fitting a gallon of milk in the fridge.

This is our fridge from last August. I believe the milk is only half a gallon (Canadian so not really sure what size a gallon is 🙃 ) but it gives you an idea of the size of the fridge with milk, water and other things in it.418116

Yeah, that's a half gallon or so; "or so" because of rlthe tendency to reduce content without making the package smaller ;).

I can't find any pictures right now with a full gallon of milk but there is a report from someone on this thread that last year they were able to fit an entire case of 24 bottles of water in their fridge. Pretty much filled it but it gives an idea of the size when some/all of the shelves are removed.

As @RaySharpton shared, there are many reports of people fitting a gallon of milk in the fridge.

This is our fridge from last August. I believe the milk is only half a gallon (Canadian so not really sure what size a gallon is 🙃 ) but it gives you an idea of the size of the fridge with milk, water and other things in it.View attachment 418116
Thanks for the photo. That is very helpful! I may pay the premium to get several half gallons to better fit the space. I'm getting a styrofoam cooler too so I can keep the overflow on ice in that. I really just need to refrigerate milk, juice, and a million or so yogurts. Sodas and waters we can cycle in as we need to chill them. I much appreciate the help!!

Hi all!

We booked our trip for the Star Wars Rival Run next April and ended up picking Pop Century to stay this time. We won't have a car so we'll be using Disney Transit. I'm excited by the fact that we'll be able to use the Skyliner to get to EPCOT and HS. Is there a particular block/decade that we should try and request staying in? I was thinking either the 60s or 70s.

Also, we'd like to eat breakfast in the room before heading out. Does the store have items like cereal, non-dairy milk, bagels, etc? We normally stay at a moderate and I know you can usually get some of those items there. Would we just be better off doing a grocery delivery order?

Thanks!

We’ve never stayed when the water parks are closed for refurbishments. With Blizzard Beach closing on September 8th, will there still be a bus to take you to Winter/SummerLand mini golf?

Hi all!

We booked our trip for the Star Wars Rival Run next April and ended up picking Pop Century to stay this time. We won't have a car so we'll be using Disney Transit. I'm excited by the fact that we'll be able to use the Skyliner to get to EPCOT and HS. Is there a particular block/decade that we should try and request staying in? I was thinking either the 60s or 70s.

Also, we'd like to eat breakfast in the room before heading out. Does the store have items like cereal, non-dairy milk, bagels, etc? We normally stay at a moderate and I know you can usually get some of those items there. Would we just be better off doing a grocery delivery order?

Thanks!
Start here and scroll down to @RaySharpton's amazing posts. You can't get much more thorough than this!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-pop-century-resort-information-questions.3338191/page-677

Also, 60's and 70's are our preferred locations too.

Well after calling Disney all day, I finally got on the phone and online with MyDisneyExperience at the same time with Disney.

No recording voice asking to call back because all the lines are busy.

No countdown clock resetting itself online.

I was so shocked.

No Pop or any value resorts for me for December 9, 2019.

Only three resorts in total available for me that night at other resorts out of all of their resorts.

Hi all!

Thanks!
We used grocerydeluxe.com for our recent stay at pop century. It was very easy to order online ahead of time and have everything delivered for us, we didn't have to waste our vacation time grocery shopping, and they are offering free delivery with a 150.00 order. Very convenient for us

Hi all!

We booked our trip for the Star Wars Rival Run next April and ended up picking Pop Century to stay this time.

Thanks!
I stayed at Pop for runDisney Wine and Dine 2017. I had requested a half gallon of lactose free milk through the allergy department. When I arrived, the chef went to get it from the back and was also able to help me with the rest of my groceries: A loaf of bread (they sell bagels in the food court too), a case of water bottles and some hard boiled eggs. That was the base if my breakfasts at 3AM before the races. I had brought various spreads from home.

Does the resort have a bus that goes directly to Typhoon Lagoon? We have never been to either of the water parks and I was considering doing the Disney Park Hopper Plus Option ticket. In case we want to possibly go, but I wanted to ask about transportation from Pop.

Does the resort have a bus that goes directly to Typhoon Lagoon? We have never been to either of the water parks and I was considering doing the Disney Park Hopper Plus Option ticket. In case we want to possibly go, but I wanted to ask about transportation from Pop.
Yes it does. It shares a bus stop with Disney Springs but doesn’t share a bus
When we were there in April we noticed that those going to Disney Springs lined up in the ropes and those going to the water park lined up outside the ropes with the front of the line being started beside the spot where you leave the line to enter the bus.D96C17AA-0A59-4F95-A4AC-FB474C55F93A.png

When we were there in April we noticed that those going to Disney Springs lined up in the ropes and those going to the water park lined up outside the ropes with the front of the line being started beside the spot where you leave the line to enter the bus.View attachment 418697

In June I remembered reading this on here (most likely your comment) so we lined up like that. Well we were the only ones to line up outside the ropes for it and it was pretty awkward. We just walked on the bus and other people worked their way through the line to get on past the Disney springs people. We were actually the first ones at the bus stop but I’m sure people working their way through the line probably thought we cut the line. It makes perfect sense to do it like that though. Unfortunately at that time no one else did it. The other water park days we actually took Minnie van or Lyft (not because of this). I didn’t notice anyone lining up like that the whole time we were there (when we were going to AK or Springs anyway). So maybe it depends on if the transportation person is doing that at any given time.

My booking window finally opened and, after toying with the idea of going with a moderate resort next trip, I decided to return to POP and save the $500ish. Booked at rack rate and will hope for a discount later. I can't wait! Love POP!

We were actually the first ones at the bus stop but I’m sure people working their way through the line probably thought we cut the line. It makes perfect sense to do it like that though.
If I had been in your line, I probably would yelled to water park bound-looking people inside the ropes to come wait with me. Or asked you to hold my place and gone and gotten them :D. Not advising anyone else to do this, that's just how I am.

Our plan:
1/12 arrival and go to DS
1/13 DHS or AK depending on which FP I can get
1/14 MK go on KTTK tour and dinner at Storybook. Will get FP for afternoon and watch fireworks
1/15 DHS or AK ( again depending on FP)
1/16 MK
1/17 EP fingers crossed festival of the arts starts. Dinner at spice road
1/18 EP hopping space restaurant will be open and get an ADR for it
1/19 breakfast at POP and wait for DME

have been many times so we don’t worry if we can’t get FP for our favorite rides.

Know DHS day is going to be crazy with SWGE, who knows if FP will be available in January or not, I’m guessing they won’t. Will rope drop and do what we can in SWGE.

I have never taken the DME before, if our flight home is at 6:59pm, what time could we expect the bus to come pick us up from Pop to take us to the airport for our flight home? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter