Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
did Front Desk put this on a physical gift card for you or did they put the credit on your account and tell you to access it through the My Disney Experience App? TIA
They finally put it on a physical gift card for me. They kept telling me they sent it an email, but I never received it. I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or not.

They finally put it on a physical gift card for me. They kept telling me they sent it an email, but I never received it. I don't know if it's a Canadian thing or not.

Canadian chiming in....

I did the no housekeeping gift card last year. Got the email fairly quickly and was able to use it at the gift shop by pulling it up on my phone so the CM could scan the barcode on it.

Are you getting other emails and texts to your phone?

Is your data turned off on your phone?

Maybe check your junk mail. It might have snuck in there.

Canadian chiming in....

I did the no housekeeping gift card last year. Got the email fairly quickly and was able to use it at the gift shop by pulling it up on my phone so the CM could scan the barcode on it.

Are you getting other emails and texts to your phone?

Is your data turned off on your phone?

Maybe check your junk mail. It might have snuck in there.

I don't normally get texts, but I just started getting the room ready emails, so I was hoping I would get the email gift card. I don't ever use my phone at Disney, just an iPad mini and they assured me that I would get an email, but I didn't. I checked my junk email too. Nothing. It's good to know other Canadians are getting them though. Maybe I'll get them next time.

One of my friends arrived today and so far he has no room. He’s been to the front desk three times already and there’s no other answer other than ‘soon’ and that today there were a lot of check outs and check ins which is delaying rooms assignments. He’s not pleased.

Officisl check-in time is 3:00 so there is no guarantee rooms are ready before that time. I’m sorry he had to wait a bit after 3:00 and glad he has a room now.

Actually Official Check In STARTS at 3. So there is no time that is guaranteed your room will be ready by.

Just called POP and requested the 90s building. The woman at first gave me a spiel that certain buildings were only associated with a specific room type.:rolleyes1

She then put me on with someone else and she said the request was attached to my account, but of course that there are no guarantees. Gotta stay positive and not let it get me down if it doesn't happen. Only 5 days to go. :cool1:
Hopefully you get youlr request. The 90’s building is one of the furthest from Classic Hall so hopefully this will work in your favour as some people request a different room when they’re assigned a room in the 90’s. I had friends who made the request from a room other than their assigned 90’s room 2 weeks ago and was offered s room in the 60’s which she was happy with.

we are Canadian and quickly received the email when we checked in one week ago today. I chose to take a screen shot of it and easily pulled up the pic and used it at the World of Disney store in Disney Springs.

Actually Official Check In STARTS at 3. So there is no time that is guaranteed your room will be ready by.
That’s actually news to me as I always thought 3pm was the latest you could go without a room assigned to you. Time to adjust my expectations.

I have searched the boards and can't find where this has ever been asked before, but would it be possible to raise the head of the beds at POP? I have recently been plagued with sudden onset SEVERE heartburn with throat burn, and must have the head of my bed raised to help my symptoms. I am also sleeping on a wedge pillow, but require both for any relief. I even considered bringing bed risers and using them on the bottom end of the Murphy Bed and sleep with my head toward the foot end of the bed. I have yet to stay in the refurb rooms, so I'm not sure this is possible. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
I also have problems with heartburn while at Disney and the new rooms at Pop have tons of pillows when you check in. I usually use between 3 and 4 to help prop me up. Hubby has his two and there are still a couple left over.

Reactions: GCM
That’s actually news to me as I always thought 3pm was the latest you could go without a room assigned to you. Time to adjust my expectations.
That’s a pretty typical check in time for most hotels. I’ve even seen 4 pm as a starting check in time. You can always ask the front desk when you get there if a room is ready. We’re going to do that in October because we just want some place to sleep before the Halloween party. We don’t even care where the room is.

I did see a couple complaining at the front desk that their elevator was broken (the night before?) and one had a scooter - they had trouble accessing their 4th floor room. I couldn't hear the whole thing but it sounded like they either couldn't get up to their room or down from it (walking the stairs). The front desk woman was fairly stern with them and said next time they needed to call 911 and the emergency services would come and help them. I'm thinking ...what? lol I don't know about everyone but if you call 911 (and we did need an ambulance once while in Orlando on vacation) there's a rather hefty charge for that. Insurance paid but I don't think they'd pay if I just couldn't get down the stairs cause my elevator is broken.

Most ambulance services provide a courtesy lift assistance, free of charge, especially your county and fire dept ones. Still, seems a bit brash to state this as a first choice and/or to misuse 911 for this, especially on Disney property.

if I where to chose to opt out of mousekeeping, how does one go about getting towels exchanged/extra towels (likely just once on a two week trip) and more toilet paper?

if I where to chose to opt out of mousekeeping, how does one go about getting towels exchanged/extra towels (likely just once on a two week trip) and more toilet paper?

I called the front desk (or housekeeping?), and new towels arrived within 10 minutes!! Blew me away!!

Same with me. We called Guest Services using the phone and they arrived quickly with more towels, garbage bags and coffee supplies.

In the mornings I would place the used towels outside our door and they were quickly removed. I took our trash and placed it in one on the containers we passed as we left our room. Very easy process.

If anyone has the time, I’d love a quick tour of the fridge contents over at Everything Pop.

I’m manly looking for Silk Almond or Cashew Milk. Do they also have anything else geared towards a low carb/keto diet?

I’m planning on a simple breakfast of eggs, sppinash and tomato but I’d love some almond milk to go with my coffee.

Officisl check-in time is 3:00 so there is no guarantee rooms are ready before that time. I’m sorry he had to wait a bit after 3:00 and glad he has a room now.
One of our trips to POP, our room wasn’t ready until 630pm. I spoke to the manager on duty and she said that there is no guaranteed time that your room will be ready. I thought I had read somewhere that the rooms were guaranteed by 6pm. I searched and googled the topic, but I couldn’t find anywhere that the rooms had to be ready by a certain time. This is the latest I have ever been assigned a room. But, from now on, I always prepare for a late check in

What type of mattresses are in the rooms now? I searched the forums and saw Sealy posturepedic, but when we googled pop century mattress Simmons beautyrest came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter