Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do they usually have the preferred rooms? We up graded our standard to preferred so I was just wondering?

Hi there, looking at booking one night at PC before camping at the Fort for Easter week. All I'm concerned about is not having to haul stuff very far...it looks like the parking lot is set up where you park close to your room, relatively speaking. Is there anything else I should request? And also, what are the pool hours for Easter and Easter Monday?

Thanks so much!

Here is the map that EpcotBill was referring to:
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/br...PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html

Scottishbrit- the preferred rooms are highlighted in yellow.

Chickp- Not all area's are close to parking. POP is a large spread out resort and some rooms can cause you to walk a looooong way with your stuff, especially if you got assigned to buildings 3, 4, 5, 6 or 10(0). If your main request is to be close to parking, I would book standard and I would call and ask them to add to your reservation "Close to parking" and ask for building 1 or building 9. Building 2 or 7 would also be options that would work for you but building 1 is going to also get you closest to Classic Hall and building 9 has a great cut through to get to the buses for transportation to the parks, avoiding Classic hall all together. You can see in the map (above) the layout of the buildings and the area's closest to parking.
Pool hours are 9AM to 9 PM, extending to as much as 8 AM to 12 AM during busy times. All three pools will have lifeguards during the pools' operating hours. Since the drowning in March 2013, POP has become very strict that there is no swimming without a lifeguard on duty and when we were there in September it was fully enforced with a security guard on duty.

Hi there, looking at booking one night at PC before camping at the Fort for Easter week. All I'm concerned about is not having to haul stuff very far...it looks like the parking lot is set up where you park close to your room, relatively speaking. Is there anything else I should request? And also, what are the pool hours for Easter and Easter Monday?

Thanks so much!
I like bldg 1 to be close to parking, food court and 2 pools.

You can request one at any WDW resort.
Now that I did not know! We are used to having a ceiling fan at the moderates but since the values do not have one I was going to order a fan from Amazon or something and then just leave it there when we go. But if I can request one...... My only concern is that with our late arrival (11pm) they might not have any left.

Now that I did not know! We are used to having a ceiling fan at the moderates but since the values do not have one I was going to order a fan from Amazon or something and then just leave it there when we go. But if I can request one...... My only concern is that with our late arrival (11pm) they might not have any left.

Although it is only a request and they are a on a first come first serve basis, I have yet to not get one. And remember, you didn't know they were available and I think that is the majority of people so you should be good.

We're staying onsite for the first time (it's only our second trip and that was 6 years ago), would you suggest doing online check-in?

We're staying onsite for the first time (it's only our second trip and that was 6 years ago), would you suggest doing online check-in?

When you do online check in, you will have a section to add 2 requests (not guaranteed) but I always like to think I may get lucky :goodvibes

You can get a box fan at POP?

We arrived late Tuesday and they were out. Yesterday we asked again and they had.one.to.our room quickly...

Chickp- Not all area's are close to parking. POP is a large spread out resort and some rooms can cause you to walk a looooong way with your stuff, especially if you got assigned to buildings 3, 4, 5, 6 or 10(0). If your main request is to be close to parking, I would book standard and I would call and ask them to add to your reservation "Close to parking" and ask for building 1 or building 9. Building 2 or 7 would also be options that would work for you but building 1 is going to also get you closest to Classic Hall and building 9 has a great cut through to get to the buses for transportation to the parks, avoiding Classic hall all together. You can see in the map (above) the layout of the buildings and the area's closest to parking.
Pool hours are 9AM to 9 PM, extending to as much as 8 AM to 12 AM during busy times. All three pools will have lifeguards during the pools' operating hours. Since the drowning in March 2013, POP has become very strict that there is no swimming without a lifeguard on duty and when we were there in September it was fully enforced with a security guard on duty.

Thanks so much! That is super helpful.

Just make sure to use your in-room phone to call Mousekeeping and request the fan from them. If you call the front lobby, it will go to a call center and they are useless.

Hi! We want to switch from CSR to POP for our March trip (3/16-3/22) to save some $$. But I'm concerned that during this time, there will be a lot of school groups here. We've stayed at POP in the summer when school's out. Any info would be appreciated!!:)

I know this message is after your trip, but I just got back from the BWI, and I never saw so many school groups in my life! I was there March 14 to 21. They weren't at the resort, but at all the parks. The resort itself, though, was very noisy. I'm not inclined to stay there again ever (and it cost more than I've ever paid before).

I'm so excited - DD wanted to stay at Pop this past trip but we chose BWI since our friends were staying there. We just booked another Mom Daughter trip in August at Pop! Never done any moderate or value but for the two of us it sounds fine! She is excited about the "tie dye cheesecake" and she really deserves this treat! She was just diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder, and we used a wheelchair for her for 4 days last trip. We'll get one the whole trip next time!

I have a couple questions, since I've never stayed at any value resort. First of all, I've seen a couple recent photos of rooms at Pop that look like they may have gotten rid of the old comforters (icky) and went to the cleaner double sheet bed. Has anyone seen this? I hate the comforters; usually I take them off or pull it down so I don't touch it.

We booked a standard room. I would rather have quiet than be close to the pools or anything. I don't mind walking to get food, and I'll have the wheelchair for my DD. I am going to request top floor away from the elevators - is away from the elevators an option? I'd rather be on the end if possible!

Last edited:
Hi!

Love this thread! :goodvibes

I don't recall this being asked before, but I REALLY want to stay in the 70s section for our trip in December, is my online checkin request more likely to be granted if I make that my only request?

Also, there's been a lot of talk lately of requesting block fans because of the need for a cold room. Now, I also like it cold, but on my last trip I stayed at POR (in sept) and the rooms were frigid (I actually turned off the ceiling fan because I was so cold). I just assumed Disney kept all resort rooms at the same temp. Is this not true? Is POP on the warmer side?

Hi!

Love this thread! :goodvibes

I don't recall this being asked before, but I REALLY want to stay in the 70s section for our trip in December, is my online checkin request more likely to be granted if I make that my only request?

Also, there's been a lot of talk lately of requesting block fans because of the need for a cold room. Now, I also like it cold, but on my last trip I stayed at POR (in sept) and the rooms were frigid (I actually turned off the ceiling fan because I was so cold). I just assumed Disney kept all resort rooms at the same temp. Is this not true? Is POP on the warmer side?
The POP thermostats turn the AC off if there's no movement in the room for a certain amount of time and back on when it detects movement.
There's a way to override that function by manipulating the On/Off/Temp controls but I can't find the procedure right now.
We did it last year and the rooms stayed at 69 degrees all day.
My Wife got too cold but I was in Heaven.
She can have my bed covers........:teeth:

The POP thermostats turn the AC off if there's no movement in the room for a certain amount of time and back on when it detects movement.
There's a way to override that function by manipulating the On/Off/Temp controls but I can't find the procedure right now.
We did it last year and the rooms stayed at 69 degrees all day.
My Wife got too cold but I was in Heaven.
She can have my bed covers........:teeth:

Hmmm... interesting. I think I might actually prefer this setup.
Thanks for letting me know. :thumbsup2

One more question...

I was looking at this chart from WDW Prep School:

image.jpg

According to it, you can book preferred and request a lake view. I wasn't aware that this was a possibility. Does anyone know which building(s) offer this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter