Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree regarding the preferred room plus I really don't think they are worth the extra money. My husband and I have timed the walk from the furthest point of the resort to the food court/busses multiple times and the walk was only 7-8 mins, which to me does not make the preferred rooms worth the money but at the same time we don't have young children, my daughter was 8 when we first went and she's 19 now.

Sometimes if you want a specific deal you have to book a preferred room. Our summer QS deal requires a preferred pool room. I keep hoping room discounts will come out and I will be able to switch deals and rooms (I would like 70s lake view). We had Free Dining in November 2015 and had to have a preferred pool room. We survived, but would choose a quieter location if given the chance.

Sometimes if you want a specific deal you have to book a preferred room. Our summer QS deal requires a preferred pool room. I keep hoping room discounts will come out and I will be able to switch deals and rooms (I would like 70s lake view). We had Free Dining in November 2015 and had to have a preferred pool room. We survived, but would choose a quieter location if given the chance.

Ironic isn't it ... preferred can mean loud.

Wow! Thanks guys! You all have been so helpful! This will only be my second time staying on site so, I have a lot to learn. I thought preferred meant a nicer room. I think I'm going to try for a 50's building since it's closer to the parking lot. Two years ago I stayed at AoA and walking back and forth from a Little Mermaid suite just about killed me. While this time I will have an ECV, my poor fiancé won't and this is his first time at Disney World and I still don't think he believes me when I say how much walking there is!

Wow! Thanks guys! You all have been so helpful! This will only be my second time staying on site so, I have a lot to learn. I thought preferred meant a nicer room. I think I'm going to try for a 50's building since it's closer to the parking lot. Two years ago I stayed at AoA and walking back and forth from a Little Mermaid suite just about killed me. While this time I will have an ECV, my poor fiancé won't and this is his first time at Disney World and I still don't think he believes me when I say how much walking there is!
I clock a minimum of 15,000 steps a day at wdw, sometimes more. One day I think I even hit 22,000 steps. You really do need to start a walking plan before you go.

On the preferred debate.

In my opinion the best buildings are 1, 3, 6 and 10. All of which have standard rooms.

I agree, I always request building 1 and 3 and have gotten it every time. I always book standard and the last couple of times we were in building 3 at the front of the building and were closer then some of the preferred rooms, rooms 3159 and 3258, they were on the back of the building not facing the pool but at the first set of stairs and literally a 1 min walk to the foodcourt.

Ugh...I caved! We swore no vacations this year; had planned to get our house ready to sell. But, the sale has been pushed back a year, and my youngest kid has been watching Disney things on YouTube like crazy and the bug bit me and my husband HARD.

I got a MAGICAL deal at Pop and now we are heading back in just 129 days ;)

Anyone know - is JAMES still working at Petals? I miss him!!!

We recently went for five days and clocked 50 miles!!!

Would the refurbishments bother you guys? I don't want there to be loud construction but the alternative is either AoA Little Mermaid (with a very long walk to/from buses that my family does not want) or the All Stars where we'll be sharing buses. Torn!

Also - when I told my father about refurbishments he called up the resort to ask if there is construction going and if it'll be going through to August. The lady on the phone told us that the ONLY construction is the pool and it would be ending soon. I knew better though to ask you guys directly! :rolleyes:

Would the refurbishments bother you guys? I don't want there to be loud construction but the alternative is either AoA Little Mermaid (with a very long walk to/from buses that my family does not want) or the All Stars where we'll be sharing buses. Torn!

Also - when I told my father about refurbishments he called up the resort to ask if there is construction going and if it'll be going through to August. The lady on the phone told us that the ONLY construction is the pool and it would be ending soon. I knew better though to ask you guys directly! :rolleyes:
The room refurb will be going on for a while, but they only do it through the day. But you can always ask what ones have been done and request one of those rooms, or one that is far away from the construction.

:rotfl2:Your father did NOT call the resort. He called an operator that may not even live in Florida. Even when you stay in a Disney hotel and pick up the phone to call the "front desk" you are not calling the resort. Maybe Wendy in Arizona. Tell him 1000% for sure they are doing room refurbishments and they won't be done until next spring (2018).

They never bother me. They take a block of rooms and work on them. Unless you walked over and saw some stuff on the walkway, curtains gone and notes on window .... you wouldn't even know. The noise is fairly minimal. I would never change a resort based on room refurbishments and I have stayed through many.

Last edited:
On the preferred debate.

In my opinion the best buildings are 1, 3, 6 and 10. All of which have standard rooms.
Are buildings 1 and 3 in the 50's section and 6 and 10 in 70's? I'm just trying to figure it out on the map. Thanks

We are going to Pop in either July or August. The refurbishments won't bother me. We stayed at the BC when they were doing room refurbishments. We enjoyed sitting on the patio and watching the progress each day from the rooms directly across from us.

Second hand info. People that were in the other wings of the building being renovated could hear hamming and such when they returned for a mid afternoon break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter