Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my email today .... not sure if same or different from others so I'll just post:

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we wanted to make you aware of a Resort refurbishment taking place during your visit.
While we are working our magic, it is possible you will see or hear work in progress around the Resort and requests for specific buildings may not be possible to accommodate. Though some disruption may be unavoidable, depending on your location, we are making an effort to minimize the impact on your experience. As a result, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am daily.

Please know that we are working to ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent as listed on your confirmation letter.
Well most parks are open by then, so I assume they think people will already be up and heading to their park.

Well most parks are open by then, so I assume they think people will already be up and heading to their park.

:confused3 Not sure what you are saying, I merely shared the verbatim email going out to POP Century guests for reference.

On a side note, not all folks are in the parks by 9. WE like to close the parks down, go to Disney Springs, attend special events at night ... and often are not going to bed until 2 am .... sleeping in until 9 or 10 am.

But that doesn't even matter, construction has to happen during day hours and probably weekends as well since the day hours are limited. Nothing will change that ... but for folks who don't want to be bothered by it they can change hotels. POP is just room renovations so it will be a minimal impact to others.

:confused3 Not sure what you are saying, I merely shared the verbatim email going out to POP Century guests for reference.

On a side note, not all folks are in the parks by 9. WE like to close the parks down, go to Disney Springs, attend special events at night ... and often are not going to bed until 2 am .... sleeping in until 9 or 10 am.

But that doesn't even matter, construction has to happen during day hours and probably weekends as well since the day hours are limited. Nothing will change that ... but for folks who don't want to be bothered by it they can change hotels. POP is just room renovations so it will be a minimal impact to others.
I was referencing the 9 am start time. I know for some that is early, but what I meant is I think they are starting at that time because they hope most of the people staying will already be up and at the parks.

You wouldn't even have to change hotels, when you check in, if you actually are checking in at the desk you can ask to be in at a different building. Like if they are doing the 90's first. I'd ask to be in the 60's or 50's.

POP forgot to add this info!lol:)
It's a shame that people here on these boards only pick out the one mainly girl sport (cheer) to pick on. I've been there with football and soccer and lacross teams. All get very loud and practice at the resorts.

It's a shame that people here on these boards only pick out the one mainly girl sport (cheer) to pick on. I've been there with football and soccer and lacross teams. All get very loud and practice at the resorts.
I would agree, and I know that when Pop warner was there, at one time, a whole team got kicked out of the park for fighting.

Does anyone know the dates of the Pop Warner Cheerleading, etc. event in December 2018? Trying to avoid that week as we plan ahead to a possible trip that month.

Does anyone know the dates of the Pop Warner Cheerleading, etc. event in December 2018? Trying to avoid that week as we plan ahead to a possible trip that month.
That's also a football event. It is on the WWOS calendar for the first week in December.

POP is just room renovations so it will be a minimal impact to others.
It may also be very minimal impact. I received something similar a few yrs ago (and even discouraged by front desk CMs from asking for a room in a 50s Bldg) but all they were doing was painting some exterior Bldg walls. So may not be terrible. Fingers crossed for you!

There has been so much negativity towards Pop lately. :( I'm genuinely sorry there have been bad experiences.
While I can afford a mod, my mom can't. So we have no choice but to stay at Pop(or the All-Stars). I'm trying to stay positive...
I'm wondering if anyone would like to share something nice from a past Pop stay? :goodvibes
I'll start...
We were coming back from the parks one evening, and the fireworks started in the distance as we stood in front of our room. It was a magical way to end our Disney day, and we were so happy to be staying there.

POP is just room renovations so it will be a minimal impact to others.

It may also be very minimal impact. I received something similar a few yrs ago (and even discouraged by front desk CMs from asking for a room in a 50s Bldg) but all they were doing was painting some exterior Bldg walls. So may not be terrible. Fingers crossed for you!

If you re-read what you quoted, I said it will be minimal impact to others.

During this kind of reno they usually take the building or half of building impacted out of service so no one is adjoining a room they are working on. They are supposed to be doing an extensive renovation of the rooms, not just painting and if renderings are correct new hard surface flooring that may create some extra noise to install.

But I'm not worried about it all, been in hotels with this going on and wouldn't stop me from staying.

There has been so much negativity towards Pop lately. :( I'm genuinely sorry there have been bad experiences.
While I can afford a mod, my mom can't. So we have no choice but to stay at Pop(or the All-Stars). I'm trying to stay positive...
I'm wondering if anyone would like to share something nice from a past Pop stay? :goodvibes
I'll start...
We were coming back from the parks one evening, and the fireworks started in the distance as we stood in front of our room. It was a magical way to end our Disney day, and we were so happy to be staying there.

Over 20 stays at POP :hippie:and other than two trips with the BTG (and yes it was very very bad) I love POP. I stayed there for New Years, I stayed a week in January and booked for Spring break. Unless they totally make a mess of this renovation it will be my go to resort!

I agree. Looks like new flooring too and that is a lot of pounding in new floor and tearing up old carpet, Scraping the ground to get up old glue and vaccuming.

We always enjoy the POP Soundtrack!(Resort and Bus):)

There is nothing like returning from MK late at night with a bus full of POP Guests singing along to Bohemian Rhapsody!lol:)

We also love just sitting out at Bowling Pin listening to Elvis,etc,-good times!:)
we sang a bunch of songs late after the Christmas party at MK on a slinky bus. Saturday December 3rd to be exact :)

This month I stayed at Pop for the very first time. I will admit that my heart belongs to BWI but I really loved this resort. The CMs were all so friendly. Being able to walk over the bridge to see another resort and eat in their food court was fantastic. My room was always clean and welcoming thanks to the great housekeeping staff. I absolutely enjoyed every moment of my stay. I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

OH THE SLINKY BUS, what a nice plus!

More people get on, get seats and people even fighting to stand in the swing spot :lmao: It's like an extra attraction that few resorts get.

Good ol' slinky bus. Will tell ya hes not fun when your balancing a broom hat and trying not to grip said htings so hard you sweat off makep while balancing ON the slinky part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter