Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! We are booked in a standard view room, but hoping to be in the 60's or 50's sections to be closer to the lobby. I put 60's and lake view as my preferences for online check-in...I believe the lake view rooms in the 60's section are standard view, correct? I also assume by putting lake view that even if I don't end up in the 60's they will try to put us in either the 50's or 70's on the lake side...yes? My fear is that by putting "Close to transportation" I'll end up in the 90's section and I don't want to be over that way if I can avoid it. I would have booked a preferred room, but there weren't any available when I booked the room. Thanks for the advice!

Does anybody know if the trail around the lake goes all the way around and how far it is. I'm going to be training for a half marathon and wanted to know so I can still keep running while on vacation in sept.

Yes, it goes all the way around the lake. It's 1.38 miles. Here's a link that lists info about all of the jogging trails at Disney.

Hi All! We are booked in a standard view room, but hoping to be in the 60's or 50's sections to be closer to the lobby. I put 60's and lake view as my preferences for online check-in...I believe the lake view rooms in the 60's section are standard view, correct? I also assume by putting lake view that even if I don't end up in the 60's they will try to put us in either the 50's or 70's on the lake side...yes? My fear is that by putting "Close to transportation" I'll end up in the 90's section and I don't want to be over that way if I can avoid it. I would have booked a preferred room, but there weren't any available when I booked the room. Thanks for the advice!
I requested highest floor and Lakeview with our standard room. We ended up in 60s 3rd floor and were very pleased. Lovely view, quiet, and we could see fireworks at night. I would be wary of putting close to trans also, if that's not really what you want. I'd request what is most important to you, which seems to be 50s or 60s section and Lakeview.

I would upgrade to a moderate and not stay at POP. The Argentinian tour groups are taking over POP and Art of Animation. I'm here now. We leave today, and I've never been happy about the Tragical Express.....but I am today. Will never book at a value again. Vacation was not magical.

What were they doing to make you never want to stay there again?

We saw lots of groups during our stay, but they never caused any problems.

I'm just so excited!! I got approved at work for my vacation today!! I recently started a new job and wasn't sure if we'd be able to go to Disney World this year so I'm super excited that we are able to go! And of course we are going to Pop!! We stayed at OKW last year and I missed Pop so much, so glad to be going back! I just needed to share my excitement! (Oh and see my new countdown of course!)

I would like to see what the new rooms will look like. What will the new bed be like and the decor in the rooms? Any pics or links for this information?

I agree. A nice bigger bed for you and the kids get to enjoy pulling their bed down every night. It's almost interactive and something fun for them to experience.

I agree. We are a family of seven so we need two rooms, and our five kids range in age from toddler to teen. This new layout actually (if this is indeed the permanent design) would work well for us. It would give me and DH a queen size bed and the kids would be able to get two full size murphy beds and a queen bed. From what I've heard, the full size murphy beds are going to be the same as those at AOA and many report those to be comfortable for adults. I can understand that this is something different and a bit of a change from what many are used to, but it would be nice to see more people have an open mind about it, at least until the new rooms are actually completed.

I just returned home and I requested lake view 60s building. I got lakeview 50s. I was very pleased. Nice and quiet and the view was beautiful.

I am so sad to see all this negativity about the remodel. We haven't seen any completed pictures yet. We don't know if they are doing every room. I just don't see the point to freak out and vow to never stay there when you don't even know what they are really doing...

I believe what some folks are saying is that if all the rooms are going to be like that, they would move on to a resort that has two regular beds and a full time table & chairs.

We don't know that they are doing every room like that and honestly we don't know if those pictures are real at all .... people are expressing their concern that those are the new plans and that every room will look like that.

Those photos show a drastic change in offering .... and many will not like it. A queen is great but the rest is a downgrade for some.

I just returned home and I requested lake view 60s building. I got lakeview 50s. I was very pleased. Nice and quiet and the view was beautiful.

We absolutely loved 50's lake view!!! If we stay there again, we will definitely request it!

Here now and the tour groups and cheerleaders are loud and are everywhere. It's 12:15am and I can hear them running around outside. They kept us up until after 2am this morning.
The staff won't do anything about it.

I would upgrade to a moderate and not stay at POP. The Argentinian tour groups are taking over POP and Art of Animation. I'm here now. We leave today, and I've never been happy about the Tragical Express.....but I am today. Will never book at a value again. Vacation was not magical.
They are at WDW at all different times of the year and they also stay at the mods. You can't avoid it.

We had that one last year. I am hoping for it again this year. I'm taking two newbies, but then again maybe I shouldn't set their expectations so High. Hmm, maybe I'll request the 90's.

I believe what some folks are saying is that if all the rooms are going to be like that, they would move on to a resort that has two regular beds and a full time table & chairs.

We don't know that they are doing every room like that and honestly we don't know if those pictures are real at all .... people are expressing their concern that those are the new plans and that every room will look like that.

Those photos show a drastic change in offering .... and many will not like it. A queen is great but the rest is a downgrade for some.
I agree, but who knows maybe the Pop redo is a test for what they will do to all values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter