Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So having Preferred Pool view and wanting to be close to the lobby should I leave the room requests alone doing online check in?

I would request your floor level. I personally prefer ground floor. It's just easier with all the additional walking we do in the parks. Thankfully, we've never had a family of gorillas above us :laughing:

Should you not like your room location after it's assigned, you can always ask for something else. They will move you if they have ability.

Thinking of heading back to Pop for our 2nd WDW trip in Feb/March of 2018. We loved our 1st stay, had the best time. I have 2 questions.

1. Would you consider a different resort or just go back to what you know?

I like Pop Century a lot, but because the room rates are higher than those at the All-Star resorts, I will tend to see what is available and at what rate for my dates. So for example on my next trip I am staying at All-Star Music, because it will be less expensive per night as compared to Pop.

Will be back at Pop after a 2 year hiatus (due to DH underwhelming stay (His First Visit) [due to Pop Check-In cast member, HORRID bus service and a room extremely far from buses and lobby]) staying for 5 days over Valentine's Weekend. We were able to snag a last minute AP discount standard room (originally the cheapest room we could find was a POFQ River View) and save almost 500$. We want to be as close as possible to the busses. What should our "requests" be on the online check-in? 60's and near transportation?

Reactions: nys
Well, I finally stayed at POP with my son 18-22nd. I paid for preferred and it was great being a quick walk to the main building/bus stops. I don't know if I'll ever stay there again, the food court was a madhouse and the bus stops were just as bad. My son and I stood on every bus coming back to the resort except for the time we went back around 2pm. I guess I like a less frenetic feel after going going going at the parks, that is why I've liked POFQ and SSR in the past. It was cheaper, so that was good, but I think I could have gone mod for $50 a night more. I'm certainly not one that would say I'd never come back to POP, if I needed the cheap room I'd be back and just be prepared to not use the food court and possibly drive.

When I did our online check awhile back, there wasn't a "connecting rooms" request option, just room location options. However, when I logged on to MDE today I decided on a whim to click the "update check in" button next to our reservation and to my surprise it showed "connecting rooms" as a request under the room location requests category! I wonder if a reservation CM manually put this in for us? It certainly was a welcome and reassuring surprise. :thumbsup2

When I did our online check awhile back, there wasn't a "connecting rooms" request option, just room location options. However, when I logged on to MDE today I decided on a whim to click the "update check in" button next to our reservation and to my surprise it showed "connecting rooms" as a request under the room location requests category! I wonder if a reservation CM manually put this in for us? It certainly was a welcome and reassuring surprise. :thumbsup2

That option (along with a few others) seems to come and go. It first started appearing last summer. I think Disney is trying to find an effective and efficient set of online check-in requests so they keep switching out the options. While it's nice to have that option to choose during online check-in, just keep in mind that it's not a guarantee (even if it says "connecting rooms guaranteed").

We checked into Pop today! 1st time (first time at WDW).

Just some thoughts so far...

1.First of all, we arrived this morning and came back from Epcot around 6 and no luggage! o_O Apparently they delivered it to the wrong room! They were all very apologetic and rectified it promptly. We had our luggage within 30 minutes.

2. The food court was crazy busy this evening both times I went to refill our cups. It was pretty empty when we had lunch there (which was mediocre at best, to be honest. Garden Grill at Epcot was great though!).

3. I wish we had brought small fans to put by the beds. The a/c is way too quiet. We like it loud and rumbly and where it is obviously blowing (we all sleep with fans). This one barely blows even on high (though it cools just fine).

4. We are in 50's lake view, and it is great. It is a bit of a walk to the main hall, but not really too bad. I guess the refurb isn't starting here since we got the message about it happening during our stay?

Overall, we are really enjoying it so far!

Does anyone happen to know which sections 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s will have finished the refurb by mid-May?

Does anyone happen to know which sections 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s will have finished the refurb by mid-May?

Refurbishments have not started so we don't know what section they are starting in nor when the first rooms will be finished. If you watch here I'm sure the section that they start in will be announced.

I'm going to go for top floor lake view by hippy dippy pool. Last year we had one and it was facing all the parks. At night we just walked outside our room and had the perfect view of all the fireworks. Plus the walk wasn't too bad. I tried to exercise more by taking the stairs when I didn't have anything in my hands. I figure those around the hippy dippy pool will be the last on the list of getting the refurb. I hope when the time comes, in Sept for me to go on my trip there will be an option to stay in one of the refurb rooms. It will work better with the bed situation with my roomates.

I'm going to go for top floor lake view by hippy dippy pool. Last year we had one and it was facing all the parks. At night we just walked outside our room and had the perfect view of all the fireworks. Plus the walk wasn't too bad. I tried to exercise more by taking the stairs when I didn't have anything in my hands. I figure those around the hippy dippy pool will be the last on the list of getting the refurb. I hope when the time comes, in Sept for me to go on my trip there will be an option to stay in one of the refurb rooms. It will work better with the bed situation with my roomates.

And I was thinking preferred poolview would be one of the first sections renovated because they are the most expensive rooms.

I guess we'll know soon enough as they are expected to begin renovations tomorrow 2/1.

We checked into Pop today! 1st time (first time at WDW).

Just some thoughts so far...

1.First of all, we arrived this morning and came back from Epcot around 6 and no luggage! o_O Apparently they delivered it to the wrong room! They were all very apologetic and rectified it promptly. We had our luggage within 30 minutes.

2. The food court was crazy busy this evening both times I went to refill our cups. It was pretty empty when we had lunch there (which was mediocre at best, to be honest. Garden Grill at Epcot was great though!).

3. I wish we had brought small fans to put by the beds. The a/c is way too quiet. We like it loud and rumbly and where it is obviously blowing (we all sleep with fans). This one barely blows even on high (though it cools just fine).

4. We are in 50's lake view, and it is great. It is a bit of a walk to the main hall, but not really too bad. I guess the refurb isn't starting here since we got the message about it happening during our stay?

Overall, we are really enjoying it so far!

You could request a box fan for your room if you think that would help. They are only available in limited quantities but you could stop by the front desk and ask if they have any. I know my son as well as my brother-in-law always ask for one at Disney and they've usually gotten them.

We are less than two months away from our vacation, and about to finalize everything. Just a quick question about the different buildings. Last year we were in the 90's building, it looks far away, but honestly, the trek through the parking lot to the main building wasn't that bad. Since we plan on spending as much time in the parks as possible, we generally woke up, showered, head to the food court for breakfast, then out to catch the bus to head to the parks. Never once used the pool. I'm thinking of requesting a lake view if possible and wondering if its worth it? We would have a late dinner in the food court after the day was done, and plan on heading over to AoA at least once to eat since I now know it's right over the bridge. Can anyone assist with some feedback? Thx!

We are less than two months away from our vacation, and about to finalize everything. Just a quick question about the different buildings. Last year we were in the 90's building, it looks far away, but honestly, the trek through the parking lot to the main building wasn't that bad. Since we plan on spending as much time in the parks as possible, we generally woke up, showered, head to the food court for breakfast, then out to catch the bus to head to the parks. Never once used the pool. I'm thinking of requesting a lake view if possible and wondering if its worth it? We would have a late dinner in the food court after the day was done, and plan on heading over to AoA at least once to eat since I now know it's right over the bridge. Can anyone assist with some feedback? Thx!

We request lakeview in the 60s. We like being close to the AoA bridge. Some mornings we'll walk over there for breakfast. We also like the option of taking the AoA bus from the parks should we just miss a Pop bus.

Thanks for the info. Questions, is the "view" worth it, and how different is the AoA food court?
And I never even thought of taking the bus from or to AoA!

Thanks for the info. Questions, is the "view" worth it, and how different is the AoA food court?
And I never even thought of taking the bus from or to AoA!

We stay on the ground floor and my kids got to watch the HS fireworks several evenings from right out our door.

The food is different at AoA, I wouldn't say better. There are more unique options. They use plates and real flatware, I just prefer it over Pop's food court.

You actually have the best bus service this way. We've found if one resort bus was leaving, another resort was always pulling up at the parks. Also at every park, the bus stops are located right next to each other. It's easy to just jump on the other bus line.

We loved our lake view room in the 60's section (Bldg. 4) at Pop. It was our favorite room location out of our three stays at Pop -- quiet location (this was before AoA was built) but close to the pool, food court, and bus stops. We could watch fireworks from our room every night (though the trees might be too tall for that now). That location now has the advantage of being close to the bridge to AoA which makes it convenient to go over there to their food court and to use their buses when more convenient. My son and his wife had a 70's section lake view room (Bldg. 6) this summer and felt it was a really good location especially since the rest of our family was in a Nemo Suite at AoA. It was a quick walk across the lake for them to meet us for dinner or to catch the busses to the parks on days that we were traveling together. While we now prefer to stay in an suite at AoA, if we ever stay at Pop Century again, I will definitely request a lake view room. For us, it's not so much about the view, but more about the general (convenient) location of those rooms. Sooner or later, someone at Disney will catch on and start charging more for these rooms. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter