Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!Thanks for the info-headed to POP October 14.

That is definitely a change in policy to allow the Pools to be open without Lifeguards!
I agree and I wonder if this is a new policy for all resorts. Either way, it'll be nice to hop into the pool after a full day in the parks.

That is definitely a change in policy to allow the Pools to be open without Lifeguards!

I would verify this information. We were there less than 2 weeks ago and then pool hours were posted on the pool fences. I asked and was told Once the lifeguards went off duty we were told swimming was not allowed. We walked by the pools st least 5 different nights after the pools were closed and they were always empty.

Just got back last night and we were told no swimming after 10. They actually closed the pool at 10 and made us all
Leave the pool area.
It was disappointing!
this was exactly what happened to us in Sept too. We were in the pool at 10:00 and we're told we had to leave the pool area. They began to make announcements at 15, 10 and 5 minutes before 10:00pm that the lifeguards would be off duty and the pool area would be closed until the following day.

So we just got back yesterday and had a fantastic stay at pop!! We were there for 8 nights! We were in building 6 in the 70's, great location. My only complaint is that we had to walk by the smoking section every time we went back to our room.

Bus lines were long , but buses kept coming and we didn't wait longer than 10 min for a bus! :) I think we waited longer to get checked out for food than we did to catch a bus!
It was a great trip! Can't wait to go back!!

We are still here and have never seen or been able to get in the pool after 10pm. Pool hours are still posted to 10pm. And we have seen them kicking people out at 10pm.

Would someone know what kind of items can be substituted for the drink on the qs breakfast credit? I know like muffins or fruit cup, would something like side of eggs count?

Would someone know what kind of items can be substituted for the drink on the qs breakfast credit? I know like muffins or fruit cup, would something like side of eggs count?

Piggy-backing on this question, has anyone successfully exchanged a quick service credit for 3 snacks at breakfast?

I tried to use The Google to find answers to my next three questions but I couldn't come up with anything definitive.

My questions are:

1- What is the status of alarm clocks in the rooms? Are they completely gone?

2- Are all rooms equipped with "real" hair dryers yet? Or are they still swapping them out?

3- I know there is an HDMI outlet on the televisions but do they also have USB outlets?

TIA!

I did start to comb through these posts but I got to page 10 before I threw in the towel.

We've just been back 2 weeks so I have current info for you.

1- What is the status of alarm clocks in the rooms? Are they completely gone? We had an alarm clock in my room.

2- Are all rooms equipped with "real" hair dryers yet? Or are they still swapping them out? I love the hair dryer and in fact tried to purchase the same brand at a store when we left. It's just a basic hair dryer but I found it worked really well. You will find it in a black bag on the shelf above the clothes rack. These were replaced 2 years ago so all rooms have this type of hair dryer.

3- I know there is an HDMI outlet on the televisions but do they also have USB outlets? Not sure - hopefully someone else can help you.

Hope this helps!

Hopefully booking end of January and staying at Pop. We'll be driving, so what's a good area to ask for 50? (Don't want to schlep the luggage too far.) Can we get top floor and lake view on a standard room?

Just booked for 2/25-3/4! Can't wait! Will be my girls first trip ever and my 3rd stay at POP, although I haven't been to DW since 2008. Long overdue. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter