Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I thought of another very silly question. Is POP good with receiving and delivering Garden Grocer orders? We probably wouldn't be arriving at the resort until about 11 pm, so I don't want to have to wait a long time for them to bring the groceries. Or would I need to pick them up and bring them to the room myself? Trying to figure out how I'm going to get enough food to keep a 15 year old football player full for a week! Thanks!

Well, after months of lurking these forums (so much great info here!) to get up to speed on all this stuff, we finally booked our trip for October 17-22 at POP. Can't wait! With kiddos hitting 4 and 6 this year, it is time for a visit (I haven't been to Disney myself in many many years and really look forward to seeing how everything has evolved).

One quick question: Does every room at POP Century have a mini-fridge? The pictures in the 1st post show one, but the room amenities listed there (and on the Disney resorts website) do not list it as an amenity. So...I just want to make sure they are in every room or if I should make a room request...

One quick question: Does every room at POP Century have a mini-fridge? The pictures in the 1st post show one, but the room amenities listed there (and on the Disney resorts website) do not list it as an amenity. So...I just want to make sure they are in every room or if I should make a room request...

Yes, all Pop Century rooms include a mini-fridge.

I'm not quite to booking yet (hopefully by the end of the week), but in researching possible places to stay for my August visit (celebrating my birthday - slightly late, but within the 31 days of the event :) )! Since I'm celebrating my birthday, I think it would be super cool to request to stay in the 70s buildings since I was born in 71! :) I realize it's only a request, but maybe adding the reason on would help?

Has anyone else gone on a birthday celebration and requested to stay in "their" decade? Or is that too cheesy?

Not cheesy at all! I am strongly considering Pop because of that very reason. I was thinking of requesting a 70s building to help celebrate my milestone birthday. I have SUCH fond memories of my Big Wheel...

Please post back on how you go about requesting and if they honor your request! Happy (when it gets here) Birthday!

Not cheesy at all! I am strongly considering Pop because of that very reason. I was thinking of requesting a 70s building to help celebrate my milestone birthday. I have SUCH fond memories of my Big Wheel...

Please post back on how you go about requesting and if they honor your request! Happy (when it gets here) Birthday!

Thanks! Almost to the half-birthday point! Haha!

I've booked already for 8/18-23 and called to have them request 70s section, lake view, with a higher floor if possible. I also have it notated I'm celebrating my birthday. My plan is to include the building preference and higher floor on my online check-in (usually those are options I believe), and though it seems to be debatable if faxing in helps, I plan to send a fax first thing Monday morning before I arrive on Thursday just specifying the reason for my request (celebrating my birthday, born in 71, so I would like to be in the 70s section).

I'll report back after the fact! :)

How did it go? We will be there this week and I hope it was smooth for you!!

My checkin in went pretty well! I'm just getting a chance to post an update. I'm actually at Epcot waiting to meet Aurora!

Ok as for checkin, I put my arrival time as 2pm and I requested 70s 4th floor. Due to rain, traffic and an accident we didn't make it until 5 so I can't comment on my room being ready at 2. I was assigned a room in the 50s, 1st floor. I asked the CM if that was all she had because it was nothing close to what I requested. I should also add that I booked a preferred room. The CM said she couldn't do 70s because there were groups there but she made a phone call and boom... I got my 70s, 4th floor and it is perfect! Location is close the parking, buses and classic hall!
The room is perfectly clean and beds are comfy. I have a connecting room but no noise issues at all. I don't even know if we have neighbors at all.

I'll post more later! Aurora is on her way!

I am booked with the "stay,play and dine discount" for 1/28-2/3. Thinks changed with my schedule at work, and I was able to spend one more day at Disney. However, there were no days available for the special, but they said that I could add a "room only" reservation for 2/3-2/4. Now, I have 2 reservations. Has anyone done this before? I'm not sure if I should call and make a note on my 2nd reservation that I would like to stay in the same room. Could they connect my 2 reservation numbers somehow? When I made the 2nd reservation, the CM helping me said I should just wait until I check in and talk to someone at the front desk. Is this the best advice??

I am booked with the "stay,play and dine discount" for 1/28-2/3. Thinks changed with my schedule at work, and I was able to spend one more day at Disney. However, there were no days available for the special, but they said that I could add a "room only" reservation for 2/3-2/4. Now, I have 2 reservations. Has anyone done this before?

Yes, tons of people have to do this for the same exact reason as you.

I'm not sure if I should call and make a note on my 2nd reservation that I would like to stay in the same room. ??

Definitely do that.

Could they connect my 2 reservation numbers somehow???

Yes, the phone CM can link them in the system.

When I made the 2nd reservation, the CM helping me said I should just wait until I check in and talk to someone at the front desk. Is this the best advice??

It's great advice to talk to someone when checking in ALONG WITH doing the above. When you are checking in for your package, the CM should be able to tell you if your room only will be in the same room. If not, they can try to correct it right there.

Just got back from POP and it was an amazing 9 days!
I used online check-in and requested 60's Lake View, then also used TouringPlans to Fax over a room request of 5113 and early check-in (Noon). We got room 5118 (it was amazing, and quiet, but close to everything) and as soon as out lane landed at 11:30am I got our text saying our room was ready!
I want one of the alarm clock they have, I fell in love with the frog sound!
Mousekeeping was wonderful, not towel animals or anything, but she would set my Daughters stuffed animals up in different ways each day!
2 days of departure, I requested a late check-out and it was approved.
We had an amazing trip! Will certainly be back at POP, hopefully even room 5118!

Yes, tons of people have to do this for the same exact reason as you.

Definitely do that.

Yes, the phone CM can link them in the system.

It's great advice to talk to someone when checking in ALONG WITH doing the above. When you are checking in for your package, the CM should be able to tell you if your room only will be in the same room. If not, they can try to correct it right there.
Thanks for the advice

So, I thought of another very silly question. Is POP good with receiving and delivering Garden Grocer orders? We probably wouldn't be arriving at the resort until about 11 pm, so I don't want to have to wait a long time for them to bring the groceries. Or would I need to pick them up and bring them to the room myself? Trying to figure out how I'm going to get enough food to keep a 15 year old football player full for a week! Thanks!

Don't remember if we used Garden Grocer or one of the other similar services but the answer is YES! Pop will keep your delivery in a refrigerated storage area. Just pick it up when you want from baggage services. You can also have baggage bring it to your room but I believe you need to be there so you can load items into your fridge.

Just booked our first stay at Pop for April 2-8! This will be our first stay at a value and I admit I am a little nervous. We have previously stayed at CR and POR as well as off-site a few times. This trip will be girls only - me, my three daughters (15, 13, and 9), and my mom. My husband and dad both have business trips that week that can't be changed.

I have read the main post of this thread and found it very helpful, but I do still have a few questions:

1) We are booked in a preferred room, but I'm not sure which building to request. I have read that many people don't want to be near the pool because of noise, but I think my girls would enjoy a short walk to the pool. We are all pretty heavy sleepers at night and no need for midday naps. So my question is, how bad is the noise level? I am anticipating just being in the room to sleep. We will spend most of our time in the parks.

2) I see on the map that there are elevators. What is the wait time like? My mom has arthritis and does not do stairs well, so we would need to rely on the elevator if we are on a higher floor (which I would prefer).

3) For anyone who has kids who love to swim and has previously stayed at a mod or deluxe, were your kids happy with the pools at pop?

4) My mom and I both drink coffee in the morning and we will purchase refillable mugs. Is it pretty easy to get in the food court area early in the morning for coffee? This is one thing I did not like about POR - the long walk from our room to the food court.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Just booked our first stay at Pop for April 2-8! This will be our first stay at a value and I admit I am a little nervous. We have previously stayed at CR and POR as well as off-site a few times. This trip will be girls only - me, my three daughters (15, 13, and 9), and my mom. My husband and dad both have business trips that week that can't be changed.

I have read the main post of this thread and found it very helpful, but I do still have a few questions:

1) We are booked in a preferred room, but I'm not sure which building to request. I have read that many people don't want to be near the pool because of noise, but I think my girls would enjoy a short walk to the pool. We are all pretty heavy sleepers at night and no need for midday naps. So my question is, how bad is the noise level? I am anticipating just being in the room to sleep. We will spend most of our time in the parks.

2) I see on the map that there are elevators. What is the wait time like? My mom has arthritis and does not do stairs well, so we would need to rely on the elevator if we are on a higher floor (which I would prefer).

3) For anyone who has kids who love to swim and has previously stayed at a mod or deluxe, were your kids happy with the pools at pop?

4) My mom and I both drink coffee in the morning and we will purchase refillable mugs. Is it pretty easy to get in the food court area early in the morning for coffee? This is one thing I did not like about POR - the long walk from our room to the food court.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

1. The preferred rooms are ones closest to Classic Hall. In the 60's buildings, these rooms would be all except lake view, and in the 50's and 70's buildings, preferred would be the rooms in the wings closest to the hall. I have stayed in the 50's wings in buildings 1 and 3 and had no problems with the locations or noise. We even faced the 50's bowling pin pool and did not have trouble with the noise outside (and this was in the summer when many soccer teams were also visiting!). I have also stayed in the 60's building but facing the lake, so the noise was not a factor. However, if you are not planning to take naps during the day, I would not worry about the noise from the pool in the 60's buildings. You will hear the music and games that they play, but it isn't too obnoxious and it is not continuous. The 60's buildings are centrally located and close to the main Hall. Finally, I cannot speak about the 70's rooms because I have not stayed in one of those rooms.

2. The elevators are in the center of each building. I have never had to wait too long for an elevator. The most time I waited was a minute or two.
3. I do not have children, but I have heard feedback from friends with children that they enjoyed the pool. They liked the "wideness" of the main pool and the activities provided. There is no slide however. Again, this is "third-party" feedback, so take it as you will.

4. One idea behind paying for a preferred room is so you will be closer to the Classic Hall where the food court is located. So, take this into consideration when making your requests. If it is most important, then indicate as such. The food court can get pretty busy at any point in the day, but it is pretty easy to get in to get a drink and get out. To give you an idea, when we stayed in the 50's buildings, my husband would go and get drinks in our refillable mugs and be back in ten minutes. FYI: The coffee in the food court really isn't that great - we would get iced tea instead!

Thank you for your quick answers! And for the tip on the coffee. I do like iced tea... Not sure about my mom though. She really loves coffee. Will have to think on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter