Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all. Have an upcoming Poly stay, and wondering if you can get coffee at quick serve (CC) at 6:00 a.m, or no go til 7;00 a.m.? Last time we stayed I believe it was opened 24 hours, so coffee was there early. Thanks.

Construction Underway on Beach at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

A portion of the beach at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is under construction. In addition, a common walkway along the beach is blocked off as Disney works on the path and on the beach. The work is right in front of the Lava Pool, the main pool at the resort, and unrelated to the work taking place at Luau Cove for the upcoming Disney Vacation Club tower. A portion of the beach remains accessible to guests.

polynesian-village-beach-construction-2.jpg

polynesian-village-beach-construction-3.jpg

Booked our 5-night stay at the Poly for May. It’ll be our first family trip to Disney (and my first trip there in over 20 years lol) and I’m excited. I’m a little concerned about the tower construction with two nap-age kids, but also hopeful that there may be enough concerns they might offer a discount as dates get closer. Either way, I’m sure we’ll have fun :)

Booked our 5-night stay at the Poly for May. It’ll be our first family trip to Disney (and my first trip there in over 20 years lol) and I’m excited. I’m a little concerned about the tower construction with two nap-age kids, but also hopeful that there may be enough concerns they might offer a discount as dates get closer. Either way, I’m sure we’ll have fun :)

I'm curious. So if I book a trip for next June, and the price drops cause of discounts they offer as we get closer, they will adjust it?

I never booked this early cause the prices are always much higher than they actually become

I'm curious. So if I book a trip for next June, and the price drops cause of discounts they offer as we get closer, they will adjust it?

I never booked this early cause the prices are always much higher than they actually become
Based on past experiences they only give a discount if people are not booking a certain resort. I think Poly will probably remain busy but instead of 25-30% off they might do a 5-15% if rooms are available. That is based on my many stays at many resorts with construction. They only one I did get a good discount on was GF back several years when they remodeled and had the pools closed.

IF you book a room and it goes on a discount you have to make the changes. However the room usually needs to still be available for the room type and exact dates. In other words look online and if you can book it just do that and cancel the other reservation is usually the best and easiest way.

Sometimes you can apply a discount even if it is sold out. There used to be a change button online but it has been disabled for a few months so you would have to call to check.

Hope that helps!

Also 1st poster request quiet room, that will help.

EDIT: the CHANGE or CANCEL buttons are back on the site! Makes life so much easier!!

Last edited:
Based on past experiences they only give a discount if people are not booking a certain resort. I think Poly will probably remain busy but instead of 25-30% off they might do a 5-15% if rooms are available. That is based on my many stays at many resorts with construction. They only one I did get a good discount on was GF back several years when they remodeled and had the pools closed.

IF you book a room and it goes on a discount you have to make the changes. However the room usually needs to still be available for the room type and exact dates. In other words look online and if you can book it just do that and cancel the other reservation is usually the best and easiest way.

Sometimes you can apply a discount even if it is sold out. There used to be a change button online but it has been disabled for a few months so you would have to call to check.

Hope that helps!

Also 1st poster request quiet room, that will help.

EDIT: the CHANGE or CANCEL buttons are back on the site! Makes life so much easier!!
I would add, while a large construction discount is unlikely, when rooms are heavily impacted by construction sometimes Disney will call you and offer a move (e.g. moving to the DVC side; or if you are really lucky to club level). But that usually only happens for something more intrusive than a simple construction noise or view impairment, as they handle noise by doing noisy work in daytime when most people are at the parks. Depending on how much work is happening right next to the buildings that directly face the site, it may be they leave those rooms empty for a short while and need to move people. But it all just depends on how full the resort is and how heavy construction is.

There is a walk through scanner right as you exit the doors from the second floor of the lobby. As long as we had nothing bigger than a wristlet, we were able to walk through and get cleared to proceed to the platform. When DH had a backpack he got pulled to the side to have the bag checked and to be wanded. When you then get off the monorail at MK, the TTC or EPCOT you do not have to go through security again. HTH!
that's super helpful thanks!!

My main concern with Polynesian is the pool. The BC pool is obviously tops. And the Wilderness Lodge looks like it has a bigger pool. Is the Polynesian pool always crowded? We did a little "resort day" spying session one day while we were down for a SeaWorld/LegoLand trip and spent a few hours looking around Polynesian. It just didn't seem very big. However, it did seem adequate in that it would be fun for them. We would probably spend an afternoon there so it wouldn't be an every day event. Although with kids they are always up for the pool and don't want it to be a situation where it's too crowded. (I also realize there are two pools)

Also, regarding transportation -- am I putting too much stock in the proximity to MK (which is where I think we'd spend most of our time due to our kids interests and ages)? We don't mind walking (to save time coming back, for example) and even like that idea in the event of long wait times late at night. It's a long walk but I don't necessarily mind it. Also having the boat, monorail, and buses -- an also being able to walk to the TTC -- it just provides a lot of choice. In fact, my main gripe with Wilderness Lodge is that it doesn't have the monorail or any walking trail but I think that it probably won't matter much since it seems like it's very easy still to get to MK.
You've asked some great questions and gotten some great answers. We visited Poly three times with our kids from ages 4/6 to ages 6/8. We were supposed to visit when they were 8 and 10, but had to cut that half of our split stay out due to a family emergency. And now we are finally visiting again post-pandemic next month, and they are 11 and 13. They absolutely cannot wait to come back. I love the planning with my DD13!

The Wilderness Lodge pool does not feel bigger when you are in it. It may BE bigger, but it just depends on crowds. It felt smaller to me. Also, the second pool at the Poly is close enough to walk over to, so if you wanted time at a quieter pool, it's easy to move over. My kids at 6/8 really seemed to enjoy the change when we visited Oasis. Didn't hurt that we saw ducks using it at one point, lol. Momotwins has a good point about how crowded it will be during a holiday. Then again, if the pool isn't your total focus every day, it may well be worth being crowded while reaping the rewards of being on the monorail and walking path to MK. MK has been, by far, my kids' favorite park of the four. We continue to look at staying in the MK area because of this. Really, in terms of transportation, the Poly gives you SO many options. You can walk, take the resort monorail, or take the boat directly there. You can also take the ferry to TTC and walk over, or take the other monorail to TTC and do the same. We stayed a single night at Wilderness when the kids were 8/10, and they liked the atmosphere and taking the boat over, but really missed the Poly vibe.

I've never stayed Beach Club so I can't weigh in - our split stay next month is Yacht Club/Poly and I'm looking forward to trying it. But with everything you've said, I think you're talking yourself out of Beach Club anyway.

My only worry for you is the tower construction. We love the vibe at the Poly more than Wilderness. But...we also live in a log cabin so Wilderness is kind of repetitive for us! My daughter LOVES GF, we did a single night there when she was 7 and she just loved it. But Poly makes us all feel relaxed and happy.

Only 20 days!!! We’re staying in a studio standard view and I’m curious-which building should we request (knowing it’s not guaranteed)? We’ll be 2 adults, 2 littles, a stroller if that matters :)

I've never stayed Beach Club so I can't weigh in - our split stay next month is Yacht Club/Poly and I'm looking forward to trying it. But with everything you've said, I think you're talking yourself out of Beach Club anyway.
This is my absolute favorite and I do it every trip! Half Epcot resort area, half MK/monorail resort area. Best of both worlds! I know splits can be hard for some, but my family really enjoys it and we utilize the walking paths whenever they are available. I think you're going to love it!!

This is my absolute favorite and I do it every trip! Half Epcot resort area, half MK/monorail resort area. Best of both worlds! I know splits can be hard for some, but my family really enjoys it and we utilize the walking paths whenever they are available. I think you're going to love it!!
This is our first three-way split: one night at French Quarter, three at Yacht, five at Poly. My husband hates the idea of splits, but it's really helped us find what we like. I would've just done four at Yacht, but by the time I tried to add on the first night, it was a different room view. I figured if we have to change anyway, might as well stay somewhere we can boat to Disney Springs the minute we check in (we drive in and arrive late afternoon usually). I'm really looking forward to trying this combo!

This is our first three-way split: one night at French Quarter, three at Yacht, five at Poly. My husband hates the idea of splits, but it's really helped us find what we like. I would've just done four at Yacht, but by the time I tried to add on the first night, it was a different room view. I figured if we have to change anyway, might as well stay somewhere we can boat to Disney Springs the minute we check in (we drive in and arrive late afternoon usually). I'm really looking forward to trying this combo!
We're doing a three-way split for the first time too! 6 @ Yacht Club, 5 @ AKL, and 4 @ Poly. Looking forward to it as these are all new resorts to us.

You've asked some great questions and gotten some great answers. We visited Poly three times with our kids from ages 4/6 to ages 6/8. We were supposed to visit when they were 8 and 10, but had to cut that half of our split stay out due to a family emergency. And now we are finally visiting again post-pandemic next month, and they are 11 and 13. They absolutely cannot wait to come back. I love the planning with my DD13!

The Wilderness Lodge pool does not feel bigger when you are in it. It may BE bigger, but it just depends on crowds. It felt smaller to me. Also, the second pool at the Poly is close enough to walk over to, so if you wanted time at a quieter pool, it's easy to move over. My kids at 6/8 really seemed to enjoy the change when we visited Oasis. Didn't hurt that we saw ducks using it at one point, lol. Momotwins has a good point about how crowded it will be during a holiday. Then again, if the pool isn't your total focus every day, it may well be worth being crowded while reaping the rewards of being on the monorail and walking path to MK. MK has been, by far, my kids' favorite park of the four. We continue to look at staying in the MK area because of this. Really, in terms of transportation, the Poly gives you SO many options. You can walk, take the resort monorail, or take the boat directly there. You can also take the ferry to TTC and walk over, or take the other monorail to TTC and do the same. We stayed a single night at Wilderness when the kids were 8/10, and they liked the atmosphere and taking the boat over, but really missed the Poly vibe.

My only worry for you is the tower construction. We love the vibe at the Poly more than Wilderness. But...we also live in a log cabin so Wilderness is kind of repetitive for us! My daughter LOVES GF, we did a single night there when she was 7 and she just loved it. But Poly makes us all feel relaxed and happy.
Thanks for the reply. Being the first week of April 2023 kinda puts us right in the middle of the construction timeline I guess so it could be heavy construction or could be that the big stuff is done and they're doing inside work? Who knows... it's a tough call.

FWIW we lived in the city for 10 years but both grew up in the country and now live in the suburbs so noise doesn't really other us. I just don't want to necessarily put up with *THAT* kind of noise during vacation. We'll see I suppose.

Thanks for the POV.

I'm back with another question -- I'm glad you all are here and so knowledgeable!

If I book a "Pool or Marina View" is it possible to request (realizing nothing is guaranteed) a view of the quiet pool area? Or since it is "Pool or Marina", are those rooms only over by the Volcano pool side (since that is where the marina is)? Does anyone know?

Only 20 days!!! We’re staying in a studio standard view and I’m curious-which building should we request (knowing it’s not guaranteed)? We’ll be 2 adults, 2 littles, a stroller if that matters :)
I like Tokelau the best for views and proximity to the main ceremonial house, pools, and boat transportation. My second choice would be Moorea or Pago Pago overlooking the lawns. Pago Pago parking lot view is the worst but that building will put you closer to the TTC if that's a factor. If you're looking for nice scenery you can't go wrong with Tokelau.

Hi all. Have an upcoming Poly stay, and wondering if you can get coffee at quick serve (CC) at 6:00 a.m, or no go til 7;00 a.m.? Last time we stayed I believe it was opened 24 hours, so coffee was there early. Thanks.
Kona Island opens at 6:30am (sometimes a little earlier); Capt Cooks 7:00am 🌺
I'm back with another question -- I'm glad you all are here and so knowledgeable!

If I book a "Pool or Marina View" is it possible to request (realizing nothing is guaranteed) a view of the quiet pool area? Or since it is "Pool or Marina", are those rooms only over by the Volcano pool side (since that is where the marina is)? Does anyone know?
Sure can! “Facing Oasis pool” would be your request🌺 (Extra hint: have request listed on your reservation in order of importance i.e. “Facing oasis pool, third-floor” 😉)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter