Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I've stayed in Tokelau and Moorea. I prefer Moorea because it's slightly closer to the parking lot and the TTC. I also found Tokelau noisier--groups going back and forth to the pool at night being loud.
Our room was on the end by the Bungalows. The noise level wasn’t too bad over there. The other time we were on the other end and it wasn’t too bad either but I can definitely see it being noisier in the rooms in the middle.

Anyone know what dvc buildings don’t have the new murphy beds still?

Anyone know the current resort refillable mug designs being offered?

This is sort of silly, but talk to me about the groceries available at Moana Mercantile.

Trying to decide whether doing a grocery delivery is worth it when I think we can get by with some very basic staples. Does anyone know if MM carries basics like coffee/bread/Peanut butter/half and half?

I don't want to unnecessarily purchase whatever the minimum cost is for groceries...but lordy I will need my coffee in the morning to survive.

Thanks in advance for any info!

This is sort of silly, but talk to me about the groceries available at Moana Mercantile.

Trying to decide whether doing a grocery delivery is worth it when I think we can get by with some very basic staples. Does anyone know if MM carries basics like coffee/bread/Peanut butter/half and half?

I don't want to unnecessarily purchase whatever the minimum cost is for groceries...but lordy I will need my coffee in the morning to survive.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Yes, all the resorts have basics. The resorts with DVC have even more to offer. They do supply coffee in the rooms. For hotel side it’s a keurig. For dvc it’s a mrcoffee style pot. You can request more coffee from housekeeping.

Both kinds of rooms have a small fridge and I usually store milk, fruit and snacks as needed. Which reminds me in Cap Cooks they have some food items you may want to grab like fruit, muffins etc.

Looks like the 3rd floor in Tokelau has the new pull down bed. At least this room:

I was in third floor Tokelau a few weeks ago and can confirm I had the same bed in this video. Photos below (and, yes... I use a coat hanger to keep the sun from peeking through the curtains... :earboy2:)

kEUzdXS.jpg

scSSPLn.jpg

I'll be at Poly in 65 days and I was wondering if there is anywhere to get a latte in the morning at the resort?

Hi all, I am looking at booking the Poly for October 2023 (from the UK) as "The" Disney holiday (2 adults, kids will be 9 and 7). I know its ages away, but with everyone that's been going on we are ready to push the button, and get in before our eldest turns 10 and everything is even more expensive! Neither my wife or I stayed in the Poly when we went to Disney as kids, so it's a bit of a dream to get in there, be on the monorail loop, watch the fireworks on the beach etc... And the refurb looks lovely.

Currently for our nights from the UK side only a Garden View Club Level Room is available to book for all 10 nights, which is beyond budget (even with my 5% UK Armed Forces discount if I book with Disney direct) and we wouldn't get enough benefit from the add-ons, as we'll be in Parks most days over the lunch/evening periods. I spoke to a really helpful Disney agent who confirmed what I could see matched at their end, and they said while more Standard Rooms might come up, there's never any guarantees, and there is also the risk that the Standard Rooms currently available on 6 of my nights go.

I was just wondering from people's experience with Poly specifically whether I should just hang off until 500 days out (checking regularly in between) and see what comes up? Alternatively I can book a mixed-category stay now, either 3 nights standard followed by 7 lagoon (bit pricey), or a 3S-4L-3S split which I can afford but changing rooms twice seems madness and a big hassle (we know some like splitting stays between hotels but we really don't fancy that). If I do book a split-category stay and just pay a deposit, does anyone have experience of luck switching (in my case a 'downgrade' from lagoon to standard) room categories if more availability crops up at the 500 day mark, or indeed after?

Other option would be DVC rental points, which I think would come in cheaper but I'm wondering if for a 'first stay' there is merit to just going as a cash purchase, not least in terms of getting it booked in earlier, and also being able to bulk it out with an agent into an ATOL package.

And thanks to all on this thread, it's been so fun reading it and it's answered about 100 questions already. Hope all those there and heading soon have a safe and enjoyable holiday through the craziness!

Hi all, I am looking at booking the Poly for October 2023 (from the UK) as "The" Disney holiday (2 adults, kids will be 9 and 7). I know its ages away, but with everyone that's been going on we are ready to push the button, and get in before our eldest turns 10 and everything is even more expensive! Neither my wife or I stayed in the Poly when we went to Disney as kids, so it's a bit of a dream to get in there, be on the monorail loop, watch the fireworks on the beach etc... And the refurb looks lovely.

Currently for our nights from the UK side only a Garden View Club Level Room is available to book for all 10 nights, which is beyond budget (even with my 5% UK Armed Forces discount if I book with Disney direct) and we wouldn't get enough benefit from the add-ons, as we'll be in Parks most days over the lunch/evening periods. I spoke to a really helpful Disney agent who confirmed what I could see matched at their end, and they said while more Standard Rooms might come up, there's never any guarantees, and there is also the risk that the Standard Rooms currently available on 6 of my nights go.

I was just wondering from people's experience with Poly specifically whether I should just hang off until 500 days out (checking regularly in between) and see what comes up? Alternatively I can book a mixed-category stay now, either 3 nights standard followed by 7 lagoon (bit pricey), or a 3S-4L-3S split which I can afford but changing rooms twice seems madness and a big hassle (we know some like splitting stays between hotels but we really don't fancy that). If I do book a split-category stay and just pay a deposit, does anyone have experience of luck switching (in my case a 'downgrade' from lagoon to standard) room categories if more availability crops up at the 500 day mark, or indeed after?

Other option would be DVC rental points, which I think would come in cheaper but I'm wondering if for a 'first stay' there is merit to just going as a cash purchase, not least in terms of getting it booked in earlier, and also being able to bulk it out with an agent into an ATOL package.

And thanks to all on this thread, it's been so fun reading it and it's answered about 100 questions already. Hope all those there and heading soon have a safe and enjoyable holiday through the craziness!

For me (and my kids) five days at WDW is plenty, and if I were doing this trip I'd be tempted to rent DVC points, and get insurance in case something comes up like a worse pandemic situation. Lately I've been renting points for all my trips.

I have not found the "view" from the room very important on my trips. You can always go outside to see the fireworks.

The Polynesian is a great hotel but there are a bunch of cool hotels at WDW, and if I were splitting stays I might split with Wilderness Lodge, the Beach Club, or the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

October is a good time to visit. It can still be hot and humid, but far better than June-September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter