Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Just got settled in our room. These new rooms are absolutely amazing! Pictures do not do them justice. The resort looks great except for the front entrance, but that doesn’t bother us at all. So happy to be back!

Fun! Can I ask a odd favor of you (or anyone else that happens to be there) - can you take a close up pic of the thermostat when/if you get a chance?

Here you go!

Awesome, thanks! If anyone feels like testing the override to lower the default temp (which I think is 68), I'd appreciated it. ;-) Wanting to add this to the first page for future reference, but want to make sure it works.

Instructions:
1) Hold & Keep Pressed Mode Button
2) Hold & Keep Pressed Fan Button
3) Hold & Keep Pressed Up Arrow
4) Release All Three Buttons at the Same Time

Last edited:
Uber would def be much faster.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I know Uber would be much faster to AK but have read that cars can be held at the entrance and Disney buses let through. So Didn't know if the taking the bus would give us better position for RD. However will just go with the Uber so we don't have to be at the bus stop so early.

Thanks. I know Uber would be much faster to AK but have read that cars can be held at the entrance and Disney buses let through. So Didn't know if the taking the bus would give us better position for RD. However will just go with the Uber so we don't have to be at the bus stop so early.

Different strokes for different folks, and it's probably splitting hairs either way, but I'd personally opt for the bus. Get there around 90 minutes PPO and just ride it out. I've been in that long line of cars trying to get through the gates at rope drop.... and the eternity drive that is getting through the DAK parking lot to the rideshare drop off, and to me it's not that fun when minutes count.

Both have uncontrollable variables of course, but I give the edge to the bus in this circumstance.

Different strokes for different folks, and it's probably splitting hairs either way, but I'd personally opt for the bus. Get there around 90 minutes PPO and just ride it out. I've been in that long line of cars trying to get through the gates at rope drop.... and the eternity drive that is getting through the DAK parking lot to the rideshare drop off, and to me it's not that fun when minutes count.

Both have uncontrollable variables of course, but I give the edge to the bus in this circumstance.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate the first hand experience.

I am here to report that Disney has officially ruined me for all other vacations.

We recently returned from the Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Don't get me wrong. The resort was GORGEOUS as were our ocean views and the Atlantic Ocean itself. However, I was not prepared for the wandering drug addicts and homeless people on the "Broadwalk" and those sleeping on the beach. Every morning, DH and I went for a sunrise swim in the ocean, and had to deal with multiple groups of homeless out cold on the beautiful beach. The only place we felt safe while we were there was on the resort grounds. Even there, sketchy people snuck in and had to be removed by security, which was complicated by the fact that they were very short-staffed, and guests were put in uncomfortable and unsafe situations more often than was acceptable.

Never in all of the years we have vacationed in WDW and Disneyland have we felt unsafe. This experience will really affect our vacation plans going forward.

I can't wait to be inside the magical bubble again.

The Gold Bus did not seem to be running this morning. Got to the bus stop before 7am and waited over 20 minutes. It was supposed to start running at 7am. Had a 7:30 reservation at GF, and had to take the car.

From there, WDW Transportation broke down even more. It's apparently now acceptable for Disney CMs to lie to guests.

Thanks for all the info in this thread! We are staying at a Poly DVC lakeside studio in late Sept. I’ve read of numerous movements to the cash side in Aug and Sept. We haven’t received anything about that, has the soft goods refurb on the DVC studios started, specifically Mo’orea since I think all the lakeside rooms are in that building? Also, I haven’t seen anything specific on the refurb, any chance the studio rooms are getting the Murphy bed?

I know the GCH isn’t fully done yet but it’s back open, but any date announced when the monorail station is set to reopen?

First time at Poly today. The Moorea wing closer to Tokelau is closed off (I was looking for the laundry room but it's inaccessible). Pago Pago rooms facing Moorea had no curtains, looks like plastic sheeting is up.

Just checked in & was walking around. In addition to Pago Pago, it seems like half of Moorea is getting a refurb. One doorway was closed off & that same wing was inaccessible from the lobby.View attachment 596247View attachment 596248

Worse, both the DVC laundry rooms are closed off because of renovations. So they sent me to use the regular laundry, which is packed. No machines available and 10 adults and several children all in two small rooms.

This is not the luxury experience I thought I was paying for.

Are they renting Pontoons from Poly right now? Was hoping to go for a ride on one of our magic kingdom days. If they are, do we make reservations online or just show up? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter