Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi folks! Do the DVC studios have real dishes, or paper and plastic? My husband refuses to drink coffee out if a paper cup, so I may need to pack a couple of mugs!
Thanks!

Not sure, but if not - maybe you could get one of these for your husband? it's like a real mug, but enameled metal with a lid, great for travel (I would worry about breaking real coffee mugs). Yeti also makes one, although those are pricier.

d100d1a9-695a-4ab2-b698-a5e0b96758e0

Hi folks! Do the DVC studios have real dishes, or paper and plastic? My husband refuses to drink coffee out if a paper cup, so I may need to pack a couple of mugs!
Thanks!

I'm not sure if all DVC studios are the same, but I can speak to BWV and BCV and no, they removed all glass plates, cups and coffee mugs from the room when they reopened post-Covid. Everything is paper or plastic. We asked to glass and when the cups/mugs were delivered, they only brought plastic despite the specific request for glass. YMMV

Not sure, but if not - maybe you could get one of these for your husband? it's like a real mug, but enameled metal with a lid, great for travel (I would worry about breaking real coffee mugs). Yeti also makes one, although those are pricier.

d100d1a9-695a-4ab2-b698-a5e0b96758e0
Great suggestion! Thanks.

I'm not sure if all DVC studios are the same, but I can speak to BWV and BCV and no, they removed all glass plates, cups and coffee mugs from the room when they reopened post-Covid. Everything is paper or plastic. We asked to glass and when the cups/mugs were delivered, they only brought plastic despite the specific request for glass. YMMV
That’s what we found at BCV last summer, and we ended up adding to our ever expanding collection of Disney mugs. I want to avoid a repeat! I was hoping the Poly was different. Thanks!

I could not remember about the glass situation so I checked my pix and yep I had a $1 wine glass from home because I must have known no glass.

Lucky my next trip is a cl trip and they have real glasses and mugs. No coffee in paper for me either.

AKL resort did have glass in the room and I was so surprised. I think only one I have seen post covid.

Hey probably been asked before but does anyone know when the construction at PBR is expected to end? If we go summer 2023 will it be over? thx!

I have not seen the following posted but I have not read every single entry but thought I’d share this room freebie, it was a nice touch and pretty good quality:👍

Attachments

• BB12F82F-35E8-49DD-82ED-6E6C8F15A10B.jpeg
    BB12F82F-35E8-49DD-82ED-6E6C8F15A10B.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 37B95990-DA20-4F94-8BDA-1F91584C1653.jpeg
    37B95990-DA20-4F94-8BDA-1F91584C1653.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 69
We have an upcoming visit with a 1 bedroom club level suite reservation at the Polynesian Resort. I assume it is in the Tonga building. Is there only one of these 1 bedroom suites? I'm looking at information on the Tonga building, and it seems the other 5 suites in that building are all 2 bedroom. Do we have the only one?

We have an upcoming visit with a 1 bedroom club level suite reservation at the Polynesian Resort. I assume it is in the Tonga building. Is there only one of these 1 bedroom suites? I'm looking at information on the Tonga building, and it seems the other 5 suites in that building are all 2 bedroom. Do we have the only one?

Hi! There are six suites in Tonga as follows:

Tonga - Princess II Suite - 1 BR
Tonga - Princess I Suite - 2 BR
Tonga - Ambassador VP Suite 1 (2BR)
Tonga - Ambassador VP Suite 2 (2BR)
Tonga - King Kamehameha Suite (2BR)
Tonga - Honeymoon Room

So yes, there is only one 1BR Suite. IMHO it's the best room in the building as it's on the second floor on the end with the best view of the castle/fireworks. The mini-lounge is basically right outside your door. They did an incredible job with the renovation, in my humble opinion - such a comfy and livable room.

I have pics awhile back on the CL thread - if helpful I can find them.

Happy to answer any questions.

In the 1BR Princess II, does the living room sofa convert to a sleeper? We have 4 of us, including 1 infant, and are thinking sleeping arrangements.

In the 1BR Princess II, does the living room sofa convert to a sleeper? We have 4 of us, including 1 infant, and are thinking sleeping arrangements.

Yes, it pulls out to a sofa bed. The bedroom has 2Qs. Should have plenty of room for a crib/pack n play somewhere.

Do standard view rooms with 2 queen beds have a day bed? Looking at the Disney site, it says 1 King and a day bed or 2 queens. Looks like there's a sofa in the pictures instead-- is that a sofabed?

If I have a party of 5 is there a need to request the 2 queen bed room or will they assign it automatically based on the number of guests?

The sofa folds out to slightly smaller than a twin bed.

From what I understand the king beds are rare. I don’t think you’d be assigned one with more than 2-3 guests?

If I want a 3rd floor room on the water facing side of the Hawaii building, should I book Theme Park View? I booked Lagoon View Club level but I was just looking at the room views on Touring plans (kind of confusing, BTW) and now I think I booked the wrong thing. Lagoon View seems to be mostly first floor rooms and rooms with a view of the bungalows. Theme Park view is more expensive, but Lagoon view is expensive enough that I don't want to end up wishing I just booked Garden.

If I want a 3rd floor room on the water facing side of the Hawaii building, should I book Theme Park View? I booked Lagoon View Club level but I was just looking at the room views on Touring plans (kind of confusing, BTW) and now I think I booked the wrong thing. Lagoon View seems to be mostly first floor rooms and rooms with a view of the bungalows. Theme Park view is more expensive, but Lagoon view is expensive enough that I don't want to end up wishing I just booked Garden.

The large majority of the CL TPV rooms are third floor Hawaii with some on the second floor as well. CL LV is mostly the first floor with a few scattered on the second and third where the castle is blocked by a bungalow or tree.

If you want third floor Hawaii, you definitely should book TPV and submit a request via Disney Signature Services for a third floor room. Note with that room type there is always a risk you'll get a second floor room (which don't have balconies). I've had reasonably good success getting a third floor room, but not 100% - it's the unfortunate risk with booking that category.

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter