• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all - it sounds like based on this swim rings are allowed. https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/rules-pool-toys-wdw-pools-382571/

How large is too large though? My kids favorite ones are actually designed for grown ups and are fairly large. We have some smaller ones though as well.

This is one of the larger ones we have: https://www.target.com/p/strawberry-donut-pool-float-bright-pink-sun-squad-8482/-/A-80124272

This kind of thing is lifeguard discretion so YMMV on any given day, but since I happen to own that same float IMO this fits under “rafts and oversized floats that may block the lifeguard's view of the water are not permitted” and you will probably be told no (in my opinion).

This kind of thing is lifeguard discretion so YMMV on any given day, but since I happen to own that same float IMO this fits under “rafts and oversized floats that may block the lifeguard's view of the water are not permitted” and you will probably be told no (in my opinion).
thanks! I suspected as much, I think we'll just bring the smaller ones which are also clear (and easier to blow up without a pump!)

To be frank, the construction is in the back of my mind. We don't mind a walk (I'm thinking walking back from MK at night may be nice even if tired, to avoid lines). I'm worried about monorail and/or path disruptions. Monorail disruptions would be worse. We will be there the busiest week of the spring I think -- week before Easter!

Thinking of construction, I even booked pool/marina view so I can request "quiet pool view" to be further from construction. I considered DVC studio but my daughters really want the Moana rooms.
Understandable! The monorail can go down randomly, but when it's running it's extremely convenient.

I hope the right side of the resort is quiet during construction! It HAS to be better than the longhouses facing the actual building :scared1:

Transport Question .... got a Sunday reservation at DHS (with early admission starting 8am) and a Tuesday park pass for Animal Kingdom (with early admission starting at 7:30am.) Both days are our only days for those park, so the "old Disney" guy in me (that is, pre-Genie+) says we should be there in line when they start letting guests in.

It sounds like being a bus stop an hour early is a safe bet to be able to get there and get there in time for opening - but what about Ride Share ? Has anyone had a problem catching an Uber or Lyft around that time (either due to availability or surge pricing) ?

We were there in December and took the Uber a few times to the parks and springs. The busses were running a little late and we didn't want to wait. Used the Uber app and they showed up 5-10 mins later. Can't emember how much it was but it didn't break the bank but there was only 2 of us.

Transport Question .... got a Sunday reservation at DHS (with early admission starting 8am) and a Tuesday park pass for Animal Kingdom (with early admission starting at 7:30am.) Both days are our only days for those park, so the "old Disney" guy in me (that is, pre-Genie+) says we should be there in line when they start letting guests in.

It sounds like being a bus stop an hour early is a safe bet to be able to get there and get there in time for opening - but what about Ride Share ? Has anyone had a problem catching an Uber or Lyft around that time (either due to availability or surge pricing) ?
Dd and I get to the bus and see if people are waiting or we just missed it. She pulls out the app and checks times as we walk to bus stop. Then when we arrive at bus stop we make our decision. 50/50 split where we end up on bus or ride share.

However getting to parks early is important and this has been a good strategy without breaking the bank.

Dd and I get to the bus and see if people are waiting or we just missed it. She pulls out the app and checks times as we walk to bus stop. Then when we arrive at bus stop we make our decision. 50/50 split where we end up on bus or ride share.

However getting to parks early is important and this has been a good strategy without breaking the bank.
How early do you head to the busses ? Like if Early Admission starts at 8, would you be out there at 7 am or earlier ?

Got to admit, despite having 20 or so trips under my belt in the last 18 years, this one is stressing me out more than ever before because of all the changes. I've got a trip to Universal Studios in September and literally the only planning I need to do was to choose what dates I was checking in and checking out. I know I have to figure out the Genie BS before I get there and it just seems awful. Homework, getting out the door by 6:30am and spending a fortune ... heck of a vacation, right ?

How bad is the new tower construction noise from the Volcano pool? Outside of when an excavator is digging right next to it of course. We will be staying there in 5 weeks.

How early do you head to the busses ? Like if Early Admission starts at 8, would you be out there at 7 am or earlier ?

Got to admit, despite having 20 or so trips under my belt in the last 18 years, this one is stressing me out more than ever before because of all the changes. I've got a trip to Universal Studios in September and literally the only planning I need to do was to choose what dates I was checking in and checking out. I know I have to figure out the Genie BS before I get there and it just seems awful. Homework, getting out the door by 6:30am and spending a fortune ... heck of a vacation, right ?
A good game plan would be to buy your genie + before 7 If interested. Right at 7a book a ride and head for bus. Other option is to buy genie+ and walk to bus early to be there at 7 and book it there. If you are talented ( I am not) you could do it while walking.

An hour has worked for us, I just prefer to do less so been more like 45 mins. I just get annoyed with booking and running for transportation.

Lucky dd27 is great on vacation! One of us gets up early and pokes the other and says let’s go ! It’s a Disney day!

I did UniverSal a few times recently after a long absence . You are right, I only needed to study park maps for directions. Easy peasy!

A good game plan would be to buy your genie + before 7 If interested. Right at 7a book a ride and head for bus. Other option is to buy genie+ and walk to bus early to be there at 7 and book it there. If you are talented ( I am not) you could do it while walking.

An hour has worked for us, I just prefer to do less so been more like 45 mins. I just get annoyed with booking and running for transportation.

Lucky dd27 is great on vacation! One of us gets up early and pokes the other and says let’s go ! It’s a Disney day!

I did UniverSal a few times recently after a long absence . You are right, I only needed to study park maps for directions. Easy peasy!
Thanks for the tips ! We just found out my older son (whose been in DCP since June) will be able to join us for 3 of our 4 park days ... so very much looking forward to just pawning off the whole Genie+/LL BS to him so he can work it all. Apparently he's undergone "extensive training" ... plus I'd walk into a monorail or something stumbling around staring at my phone trying to read what I need to do in blinding Florida sunlight while in a rush.

Thanks for the tips ! We just found out my older son (whose been in DCP since June) will be able to join us for 3 of our 4 park days ... so very much looking forward to just pawning off the whole Genie+/LL BS to him so he can work it all. Apparently he's undergone "extensive training" ... plus I'd walk into a monorail or something stumbling around staring at my phone trying to read what I need to do in blinding Florida sunlight while in a rush.
Yep! I can’t walk and genie! Hope y’all have a good time! Poly is my next trip too!

How did you book it?
Last November, we just went to the front desk and inquired a booking one. Since it was not a busy time, there was one available and we booked it through the front desk. We did have to provide an actual credit card to book it and could not just charge it to the room.

Last November, we just went to the front desk and inquired a booking one. Since it was not a busy time, there was one available and we booked it through the front desk. We did have to provide an actual credit card to book it and could not just charge it to the room.
I called the WDW-PLAY and was able to book one for our mid Sept trip. Was approx $110 with tax - was told no DVC discount!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter