• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

For me, personally, I would not want to split Poly and WL. They are both lovely resorts, but it would pain me to go from a monorail resort to a bus only resort. If you don't plan on utilizing WDW transportation it may be a moot point.
Thanks for your insight here... and actually the transportation is basically the reason we really decided Poly vs WL. Also based on other reasons people have given for splitting (like doing EPCOT while being at BC, then switching to Poly for MK days...) it seems like splitting between two MK resorts would be not as advantageous for us besides just allowing us to experience both (which, in it's own right, seems like a valid reason).

Thanks everyone for your insight... I appreciate all of the replies and advice and personal experience shared.

That’s exactly what we do for our extended summer trips!! It’s our favorite way to do Disney!! We do not touch MK when staying at an EPCOT resort… strictly the other 3 parks… then all monorail/boat/walk to MK from a monorail resort for the 2nd half! It makes it so much more convenient and we really enjoy it!! 🙂
YES! It's my favorite way to tour WDW. Most people think I am crazy when I say I do this, but it really works. There is nothing easier than casually walking back to your room after Epcot fireworks while people rush the main entrance or being one monorail stop away from MK! You even get to spend time on the Boardwalk which is really nice. Not to mention a savings in money or DVC points. Truly the best of both worlds!

Thanks for your insight here... and actually the transportation is basically the reason we really decided Poly vs WL. Also based on other reasons people have given for splitting (like doing EPCOT while being at BC, then switching to Poly for MK days...) it seems like splitting between two MK resorts would be not as advantageous for us besides just allowing us to experience both (which, in it's own right, seems like a valid reason).

Thanks everyone for your insight... I appreciate all of the replies and advice and personal experience shared.
Yes! Poly is convenient on the resort line. 2 stops to and 3 stops from MK and you can walk to TTC for the Epcot line. You can even walk to and from MK now that GF is connected (pending Poly tower construction closing the path). If you want to be more leisurely, take the boat!

The wonderful thing about WL is that it feels like it's tucked away from the hustle and bustle of WDW, but this does cut it off from more convenient transportation methods. The boat is relaxing to MK, but can take some time. It always seems to take forever when you have a FP/LL you need to scan in for or an ADR to check-in to :rotfl:

Construction Continues on Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Beach

Construction walls still block off some of the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort beach, one of multiple construction zones at the resort right now. An excavator is behind the walls to dig up sand for new pipes to be laid.

polynesian beach construction 2

1659001809139.jpeg

Is there beach to enjoy while staying there right now?

Yes! Poly is convenient on the resort line. 2 stops to and 3 stops from MK and you can walk to TTC for the Epcot line. You can even walk to and from MK now that GF is connected (pending Poly tower construction closing the path). If you want to be more leisurely, take the boat!
:rotfl:
To be frank, the construction is in the back of my mind. We don't mind a walk (I'm thinking walking back from MK at night may be nice even if tired, to avoid lines). I'm worried about monorail and/or path disruptions. Monorail disruptions would be worse. We will be there the busiest week of the spring I think -- week before Easter!

Thinking of construction, I even booked pool/marina view so I can request "quiet pool view" to be further from construction. I considered DVC studio but my daughters really want the Moana rooms.

For rope drop - what’s the best strategy from the poly? Is monorail an option for Epcot? Or boat for MK? How early do you have to get the bus?

Question: Does the lake view generally offer a view of the fireworks as well? I'm guessing it wouldn't offer a great view since it isn't labeled theme park view.

I'm trying to decide if the lake view is worth the extra points. I don't care much about views in general however being able to see the fireworks well would make it worth it.

Question: Does the lake view generally offer a view of the fireworks as well? I'm guessing it wouldn't offer a great view since it isn't labeled theme park view.

I'm trying to decide if the lake view is worth the extra points. I don't care much about views in general however being able to see the fireworks well would make it worth it.
We rented points last year and had a second floor lake view in the moorea longhouse. We were there in December and watched the Christmas party fireworks from our balcony. You can see the castle, obviously its off in the distance but the fireworks were amazing. Doing the same thing this December, think it was the best part of our trip tp be honest.

We are booked for April 1-8, 2023. Considering doing a split stay because we really want to try the Wilderness Lodge. Would do 4/3. Has anyone done this type of split specifically? If so, what did you do on the check-out/check-in day?
We always do a split stay with WL and something else. We usually go to MK on the monorail and then around lunch time, we take the boat to WL. We eat at Whispering Canyon.
We take all electronics and put them in a locker at the front of MK and then the other stuff gets transferred. They even take food for you if you bought it.

We are doing a mega split stay this month! 3 night AKL
5 nights Polynesian
3 nights WL
I am soooooo excited. Hope your trip is great!

For rope drop - what’s the best strategy from the poly? Is monorail an option for Epcot? Or boat for MK? How early do you have to get the bus?
For MK rope drop mono is best. Midday I try to do boat to/from at least one per trip because it’s nice. However it takes more time vs mono.

For Epcot walk TO ttc and catch the mono to Epcot. Coming back you take mono to TTC but based on weather walk back to the resort or it’s only one mono stop on the resort loop.

For HS, AK and DS take the bus only option. I try to be there around 45 mins before early entry. That way I should catch a bus in the within 20 mins and get there in time. However if it’s important , get there an hour early.

Dd and I go so often we don‘t want to have to leave the room too early. So lately we go to bus stop 30-40 mins prior and if we just missed one we just book ride share.

Sometimes if we are in the World Showcase we leave through IGW and walk to BC or BWI and bus to MK then mono to poly. We enjoy visiting other resorts so this is an easy way to check out boardwalk area and get back home at a reasonable time.

Thank you! I’d prefer to avoid buses where we can. Not sure we’ll rope drop AK either but definitely MK and HS

We rented points last year and had a second floor lake view in the moorea longhouse. We were there in December and watched the Christmas party fireworks from our balcony. You can see the castle, obviously its off in the distance but the fireworks were amazing. Doing the same thing this December, think it was the best part of our trip tp be honest.
Thanks! Makes it seem worth it in that case =) Not sure why they aren't labeled as a theme park view though. I guess maybe because the bungalows obstruct the view? Who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter