Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re staying at Poly again Aug 16-24 in a standard view room! Last year was our first time visiting WDW and we stayed at Poly then as well. We loved it so much we had to go back. Reading this thread, it looks like we stayed in the furthest longhouse which was Tuvalu. We thought it was great though, so we didn’t put in any room requests. Sooooo excited!!!!

Hope you have a great time! :yay:

Post details when you get back. I am planning our 2021 trip for around that date so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Will do! I know it's a long shot for February but we are both keeping our fingers crossed that the shaved ice stand will be up and running.

I just showed my 9 year old where the Poly was on a map. He is BEYOND excited that we can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom. He even said if they didn't have a boat, he would build one for us. :rotfl:

This is likely our last onsite trip so I am SO excited that he is excited. He doesn't even know about the monorail!!

We are staying club level in Oct for 4 days. Can someone tell me how to order the Ohana dinner for in room dining? What is the cost? What do you get? We couldn't get a reservation but I am interested in the in room meal. If someone can direct me to where I can find more info about this that would be great. Thank you.

It is very easy, just call Private Dining from your room or Villa. The current price is $50 per adult (Disney adult, age 10+) serving for the Twilight Feast. When you call they will ask how many are in your party to feed and recommend a mix of Adult / Children orders that should more than meet your dining needs.

The menu is exactly like you’d get at ‘Ohana minus the noise:
  • Salad with a sweet vinaigrette dressing
  • Hawaiian rolls with honey butter
  • Dumplings with sauces to dip in
  • Lo Mein-style noodles
  • Sautéed vegetables
  • Rice
  • Chicken wings
  • Meat skewers: shrimp, chicken, steak
  • Slice of bread pudding with caramel sauce (no ice cream, sadly, since it’s room service)
  • Carafe of POG juice
Dave

It is very easy, just call Private Dining from your room or Villa. The current price is $50 per adult (Disney adult, age 10+) serving for the Twilight Feast. When you call they will ask how many are in your party to feed and recommend a mix of Adult / Children orders that should more than meet your dining needs.

The menu is exactly like you’d get at ‘Ohana minus the noise:
  • Salad with a sweet vinaigrette dressing
  • Hawaiian rolls with honey butter
  • Dumplings with sauces to dip in
  • Lo Mein-style noodles
  • Sautéed vegetables
  • Rice
  • Chicken wings
  • Meat skewers: shrimp, chicken, steak
  • Slice of bread pudding with caramel sauce (no ice cream, sadly, since it’s room service)
  • Carafe of POG juice
Dave

Thank you.

@Summer2018 Loved reading about your stay! That is exactly how we feel about the Poly, so relaxed and content. Every time we would get off the monorail we would say "We are home" This makes me even more excited for our trip!!! 35 more days!

You will be checking in before you know it! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

I just showed my 9 year old where the Poly was on a map. He is BEYOND excited that we can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom. He even said if they didn't have a boat, he would build one for us. :rotfl:

This is likely our last onsite trip so I am SO excited that he is excited. He doesn't even know about the monorail!!

How cute! Hope you have a great trip! :goodvibes

We’re staying at Poly again Aug 16-24 in a standard view room! Last year was our first time visiting WDW and we stayed at Poly then as well. We loved it so much we had to go back. Reading this thread, it looks like we stayed in the furthest longhouse which was Tuvalu. We thought it was great though, so we didn’t put in any room requests. Sooooo excited!!!!
I had Tuvalu last year. I felt the closeness to the other beach and gf made up for the distance from GCH. Really, there isn't a bad spot at poly!

However, you can ask if a different location is available if you don't like what you get. Poly has always been good about looking at inventory for another room.

I had Tuvalu last year. I felt the closeness to the other beach and gf made up for the distance from GCH. Really, there isn't a bad spot at poly!

However, you can ask if a different location is available if you don't like what you get. Poly has always been good about looking at inventory for another room.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! I will definitely keep that in mind when we get our room assignment. :)

I’m probably going to have a bunch more questions in the next month before we leave since this is our first Poly stay, so thanks to everyone who can help answer my never ending questions. I hope i’ll Be able to help others when we return next month!

1- has anyone used a doorway jumparoo in the regular resort rooms? I’d like to bring ours for our 6 month old, but don’t want to waste the space in our luggage if there aren’t any doorways to use it on.

2- how does tipping work for room service? We’ve never done room service at Disney, but decided to try it more this trip and forgo TS meals. I feel like I read somewhere that room service automatically charges 20% gratuity, is this for the CM delivering the food, or should we bring extra cash for tips?

We're looking forward to our upcoming stay later this month! I noticed that there is a message on the Poly section of the Disney website mentioning possible service issues with the monorail. It said that guests should discuss their transportation options with cast members. Has anyone who has stayed there recently, tell me anything further about that? I'm really hoping the monorail is up and running normally during our stay!

We're looking forward to our upcoming stay later this month! I noticed that there is a message on the Poly section of the Disney website mentioning possible service issues with the monorail. It said that guests should discuss their transportation options with cast members. Has anyone who has stayed there recently, tell me anything further about that? I'm really hoping the monorail is up and running normally during our stay!

For some reason (which must make sense to someone at Disney, but how I don't know), they still have that note on the website. There have not been routine modified routes/hours for awhile now (unlike a few years ago where it was very common).

Monorail hours can change weekly, but you can eyeball the weekly Times Guide to get a sense of current hours....this is a good website to bookmark: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Baring unexpected mechanical problems (which can happen), I'd expect normal monorail service during your visit.

Hope you have a great trip!

Midway through our stay and the Poly has been awesome. I have not experienced long lines or crowded pools. Plenty of toiletries that are refreshed daily.

I was surprised that our 10 AM Kona Cafe reservation took about 10m before our table was ready which is no big deal but previously was always instantly ready. However, on the plus note, my DS thought he could handle the Macadameon nut pancakes (w/pineapple topping) but had a visceral negative reaction. The CM simply took it away and brought plain pancakes even though he at the sausage it included more. Both items were provided at no extra charge.

Rode monorail once in the AM and seemed like only one was running as the wait time was about 15m. The boat ride back in the evening was about 10m and super relaxing after MK closing.

Today's our resort day so taking it easy and looking forward to HEA with a Poly view.

I did Amazon Now (placed order the day before so had all available time slots) and no charges have appeared on my folio which you can now view in MDE (View Room Details > View Charges) the button is right above the "unlock door button) which is not as convenient as having the band. However, if I accidentally leave my band in the room, then it will be super helpful (almost happened, true story :)

We had very reliable monorail service during our entire stay from 7-18-18 to 7-26-18. On the afternoon of the 25th, there was a minor delay for maintenance for a few minutes. Otherwise, it was much better than during our trip in 2015.

How much of an added convenience is this given you can already just put your magic band up to the door?

My son just tried to unlock the door with his phone and couldn’t get it to work. He said he had to go to the lobby?? He forgot his magic band, made me get off the bed since he went down to the marketplace to get a drink (we are at the BC til Monday and then moving to the Poly) and then I asked him why he didn’t unlock with his phone and he told me to close the door!

If you are wearing your MB why open the app when you can just scan it, right?

I’m probably going to have a bunch more questions in the next month before we leave since this is our first Poly stay, so thanks to everyone who can help answer my never ending questions. I hope i’ll Be able to help others when we return next month!

1- has anyone used a doorway jumparoo in the regular resort rooms? I’d like to bring ours for our 6 month old, but don’t want to waste the space in our luggage if there aren’t any doorways to use it on.

2- how does tipping work for room service? We’ve never done room service at Disney, but decided to try it more this trip and forgo TS meals. I feel like I read somewhere that room service automatically charges 20% gratuity, is this for the CM delivering the food, or should we bring extra cash for tips?
The only doorways you’ll have are the door to the bathroom and the door to the hallway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter