Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! *waves* I'm so excited to post in this thread and say that my DD and I will be taking a Mother/Daughter trip to the Poly from February 9-16. This will be our first ever deluxe stay (many stays at values and mods) and we are very excited. Our only request is a room on the third floor with a balcony.

Hello everyone! *waves* I'm so excited to post in this thread and say that my DD and I will be taking a Mother/Daughter trip to the Poly from February 9-16. This will be our first ever deluxe stay (many stays at values and mods) and we are very excited. Our only request is a room on the third floor with a balcony.
I could not think of a better place to spend a mother/daughter trip! DD and I have talked about taking one several times, but DH and DS always seem to butt into our plans! LOL! Hope you have a great trip, you will LOVE the Poly!

11 more days until our next Poly stay! Excited beyond belief! Does anyone know what time they have been doing the torch lighting ceremony lately?

I can't answer about the torch lighting ceremony, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

So, we are home now, and I just spent an hour in my pool with Pandora playing Hawaiian music while I tried to imagine myself back at the Oasis Pool.

We had a spectacular time at the Poly. It is so relaxing and beautiful. We loved the Hawaiian music, the smells, and the friendly staff.

The Polynesian Village Resort is our new home. We may split a stay for a night or two at the Beach Club for Stormalong Bay, and DD's wedding will most likely be at the Grand Floridian. But the Polynesian is our place where we feel the most comfortable, relaxed, and content.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly! It's been a long while since our last Poly stay, so reports like this is getting me very excited to return in October. We feel the same about the Poly, it's just so beautiful with a very relaxing atmosphere :goodvibes.

Totally agree. I have several resorts I love but it’s when I get to the Poly that I completely relax. :beach:

Same here....there's just something about the Poly that makes it so very relaxing :cloud9:.

We're at 10!!!!

Have a great trip :yay:.

Third this! There is something calming about that quick ride from the crazy of MK to the cool and calming lobby of the Poly. Great point! It’s always busy but never jammed. It just feels like vacation.

I agree :goodvibes.

X4 from me too. It's the smell... there HAS to be something in it that's addicting. :-)

::yes::

Um, yes! First class!

:thumbsup2

A week from now I’ll be getting ready to head to my happy place early the next am with our 6am flight :goodvibes

Can’t wait! 8 fabulous days at the Poly! pixiedust:

Hope the week goes fast for you! Enjoy your 8 glorious days at the Poly :cloud9:.

Aloha! I'm so pumped that I'll be spending a night at the Poly for my upcoming trip in October. I have three day park tickets and I'm there for four days, so I decided to spend my first day just hanging out at the Poly!

I had the pleasure of staying there last year and it was absolutely amazing, so I'm thrilled to be able to do it again. I just have a couple questions about food that may have changed.

1. Can you still get the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge?

2. Can you still get the pineapple-coconut bread and butter at Kona Island?

Thank ya fellow Poly fanatics!

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say enjoy your Poly stay! Hope you have a great time :).

And we're at 14! :cool1:

:banana::banana:

Two more weeks for us as well! :)

:jumping1:

I think the Poly is a great resort for a mother/daughter trip! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Glad you'll be getting in some Poly time during your trip.

Tambu... I have not followed the absolute latest but Tambu was/is supposed to be closing for what appears to be a major refurb soon. It may be closed already, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in, but keep on eye out if Tambu will be open during your trip. When we were there 7/4 week, they had set up a temporary bar near the monorail entrance (just tables and a few beer selections) that I was told was going to serve as the replacement when Tambu closed.

Not sure about Kona Island.

Hope you have a good trip.

Thank ya, yeah I know the refurb got pushed back and will probably interfere but I’m hoping since it’s so popular the replacement will have some of their classic drinks and the bread pudding.

But not counting the refurb, any idea if bread pudding is normally still at Tambu?

Did this in January for my daughter's Sweet Sixteen we had an amazing trip! You'll have a fantastic time at the poly!

We’re a month away from our trip! I can’t believe how quickly the last year has gone by since we started planning! Since this is our first time staying at the Poly I’m only requesting a room on the 3rd floor for he balcony. I’ve always enjoyed the Poly ambiance and walking around the resort when we’ve been there to eat in the past, so I think we’d actually enjoy having a room further away from the lobby.

Has anyone had a prime now delivery lately that can tell me about any extra charges from bell services for receiving the order? Our flight won’t land until 8, so we probably won’t get to the Poly until 10ish that night. I’d like to be able to have our order arrive that evening before we get to the resort so we will have a few necessities for the next morning. Is there. A charge for bell services to receive our order before we actually arrive on check in day?

So this is ... interesting.
Today was supposed to be the day that the children's activity centers all closed. But the closing date language has been removed from each place's website. However, it doesn't show any time availability on the calendar like it did yesterday.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/lilos-playhouse/
Is there anyone that has a minute to stroll past the playhouse and see if looks open or not?

11 more days until our next Poly stay! Excited beyond belief! Does anyone know what time they have been doing the torch lighting ceremony lately?
I think it was either 6 or 630. I'm sorry I can't remember exactly!! Hopefully someone will remember the exact time.

Thank ya, yeah I know the refurb got pushed back and will probably interfere but I’m hoping since it’s so popular the replacement will have some of their classic drinks and the bread pudding.

But not counting the refurb, any idea if bread pudding is normally still at Tambu?
Refurb aside yes the bread pudding was still there as of July. Rumblings are that food won’t be available in the temp spot but we shall see. Refurb is set to start this week. Hope your stay is awesome!

We’re a month away from our trip! I can’t believe how quickly the last year has gone by since we started planning! Since this is our first time staying at the Poly I’m only requesting a room on the 3rd floor for he balcony. I’ve always enjoyed the Poly ambiance and walking around the resort when we’ve been there to eat in the past, so I think we’d actually enjoy having a room further away from the lobby.

The Poly is an amazing resort, you will love staying there! Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

August 1st means it's Poly month... we've got less than 2 weeks to go until we visit Universal for a few days before moving over to Poly. Next weekend will be crazy with some work obligations, so all the trip errands are getting done this week. So excited to get to Poly!

Sounds like a great trip! Have a great time :yay:.

Has anyone had a prime now delivery lately that can tell me about any extra charges from bell services for receiving the order? Our flight won’t land until 8, so we probably won’t get to the Poly until 10ish that night. I’d like to be able to have our order arrive that evening before we get to the resort so we will have a few necessities for the next morning. Is there. A charge for bell services to receive our order before we actually arrive on check in day?

I don't have information about the Poly specifically (YET! WE ARRIVE 8/25!) but February of this year, we were charged $5 each for receiving packages from Amazon (but not Prime now, just regular Prime) at POR. And it was just a package of these specific earplugs my grandson needed due to having tubes, that I forgot to pack; not anything that needed special handling such as refrigeration. We also had pouch baby food delivered there, another $5 charge. I had read that Coronado Springs had a charge, but was a bit surprised at Port Orleans.

I don't have information about the Poly specifically (YET! WE ARRIVE 8/25!) but February of this year, we were charged $5 each for receiving packages from Amazon (but not Prime now, just regular Prime) at POR. And it was just a package of these specific earplugs my grandson needed due to having tubes, that I forgot to pack; not anything that needed special handling such as refrigeration. We also had pouch baby food delivered there, another $5 charge. I had read that Coronado Springs had a charge, but was a bit surprised at Port Orleans.
The package delivery fees were implemented relatively recently, and it’s at all resorts (used to just be convention center resorts). It’s a flat $5 per package. Several grocery delivery services are exempt, though, such as Garden Grocer. Not sure which others, hopefully someone else has recent experience.

It’s just another option. If you forget your band it’s still a way to get into your room.
Do you expect after this is rolled out to all resorts, the end of free magicbands is near? That's my thought. Once there is a free option for room entry, there will be no need to give out free magicbands.

We’re staying at Poly again Aug 16-24 in a standard view room! Last year was our first time visiting WDW and we stayed at Poly then as well. We loved it so much we had to go back. Reading this thread, it looks like we stayed in the furthest longhouse which was Tuvalu. We thought it was great though, so we didn’t put in any room requests. Sooooo excited!!!!

Post details when you get back. I am planning our 2021 trip for around that date so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Do you expect after this is rolled out to all resorts, the end of free magicbands is near? That's my thought. Once there is a free option for room entry, there will be no need to give out free magicbands.

No I don’t think so. I still think resort guests will get Magicbands if they want them.

I do not think Disney will phase out the free MagicBand. It still adds ease and convenience to a WDW trip that no other theme park has matched (IMO). I know you do not need MagicBands for park admission, but it really helps speed up the entrance tapstile lines and FP+ lines. People fumbling for cards can cause a decent backup. Not that a MagicBand can't, it is just easier since it is already out on your wrist. Additionally, the cell phone would not allow room charging privileges, PhotoPass scans, or even the on ride only photos like 7DMT, FEA, SDD, etc.

I think it is just a new option to keep up with industry standards. Many guests rely on their phones and it provides another option to get in the room. I know I have personally had MANY MagicBand issues when everything looked fine at the front desk. Maybe this will serve as a backup since the reservation is directly linked on your MDE and bypasses a band? I would have gladly used my phone to enter my room and deal with the IT headache later on than immediately walking all the way back to the front desk.

I do not think Disney will phase out the free MagicBand. It still adds ease and convenience to a WDW trip that no other theme park has matched (IMO). I know you do not need MagicBands for park admission, but it really helps speed up the entrance tapstile lines and FP+ lines. People fumbling for cards can cause a decent backup. Not that a MagicBand can't, it is just easier since it is already out on your wrist. Additionally, the cell phone would not allow room charging privileges, PhotoPass scans, or even the on ride only photos like 7DMT, FEA, SDD, etc.

I think it is just a new option to keep up with industry standards. Many guests rely on their phones and it provides another option to get in the room. I know I have personally had MANY MagicBand issues when everything looked fine at the front desk. Maybe this will serve as a backup since the reservation is directly linked on your MDE and bypasses a band? I would have gladly used my phone to enter my room and deal with the IT headache later on than immediately walking all the way back to the front desk.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did away with free Magicbands. And their reason will be that they continue to "go green" :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter