• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the Youtube videos I have seen on the different room types, they all have no towel animals. I went ahead and googled it and I've seen conflicting reports of people getting them and not getting them in their rooms.

Is it just at random depending on which mousekeeper you get? or did Disney completely get rid of them?
Officially, they have been discontinued. However, sometimes you'll encounter a mousekeeper who still does them. We haven't had one since 2013, but I know others got them as recently as over Christmas break. Consider yourself pixie dusted if you get one! :)

Are Tikiman's Poly longhouse floor plans accurate? When making a phone reservation for 2018, I was looking at the plans on his website and telling the CM that it looked to me if I wanted to request ground floor connecting with connecting a priority, it looked to me that I should request GV (15 sets of connecting rooms), rather than TPV (11 sets of connecting rooms) or LV which only have 3 sets of connecting. Then there are 3 sets of "mixed connecting" TPV-LV.

So...in sharing this info, the CM wondered who Tikiman is. I sent her to the website and she was very impressed with the information but said she had no idea if his floor plans are accurate and could not confirm if my best chances of connecting were with GV.

Any information on his accuracy? Thanks! Love his pages!

Officially, they have been discontinued. However, sometimes you'll encounter a mousekeeper who still does them. We haven't had one since 2013, but I know others got them as recently as over Christmas break. Consider yourself pixie dusted if you get one! :)
We were in the Hawaii building for 10 days and did not have any towel animals.
Mousekeeping did have fun with displaying my kids stuffed animals all over the room! :)

That's crazy! I can't believe they would get rid of them! One of my most favorite parts of staying on property back in 2014 was coming back to my room and seeing what animal they would make.

That's crazy! I can't believe they would get rid of them! One of my most favorite parts of staying on property back in 2014 was coming back to my room and seeing what animal they would make.
I believe it had to do with #1 the time involved as well as #2 guests complaining when they didn't get them. So instead of being a fun surprise, it became expected....refer back to #1, time, and it was just stopped altogether.

Are Tikiman's Poly longhouse floor plans accurate? When making a phone reservation for 2018, I was looking at the plans on his website and telling the CM that it looked to me if I wanted to request ground floor connecting with connecting a priority, it looked to me that I should request GV (15 sets of connecting rooms), rather than TPV (11 sets of connecting rooms) or LV which only have 3 sets of connecting. Then there are 3 sets of "mixed connecting" TPV-LV.

So...in sharing this info, the CM wondered who Tikiman is. I sent her to the website and she was very impressed with the information but said she had no idea if his floor plans are accurate and could not confirm if my best chances of connecting were with GV.

Tikiman is on here sometimes, maybe he can respond.

I can only speak to the Hawaii longhouse but I 'think' the floorplan on his site for that building is slightly out of date in that I don't think it reflects how they tinkered with the northern-facing first floor TPV/LV categories post-bungalow construction. I'm not 100% certain on this though, it's just what I've pieced together from various info over time.

Ask on his FB page lot's of traffic there.

I will be visiting the Poly for the first time shortly (yay!!). My husband has no idea, he thinks I booked All-Star Movies.

What a great surprise! Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

getting excited...32 days... any recent POLY DVC studio reviews, concerned about cleanliness of rooms

I can't help with the rooms, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

I have booked 3 resort only rooms at the Poly for May 2018 and want to know how to be on the lookout for any future discounts that might be applied. I know it is too early now.
I subscribed to the Mousesavers newsletter last fall but it only came in October and November so not sure how reliable that is as a heads up. What else can I do or where can I look regularly to check? I don't want to miss it when discounts first appear. I do not have AP and not a FL resident.

Keep a look out here on the boards as rumors usually start surfacing a couple weeks before a discount is released :).

OK, I have a question. I have some Poly pictures that I took on our November/December 2015 trip and I was wondering if this was the right place to post them. If not, could someone point me in the right direction? I know that they are from a year and 3 months ago, but who doesn't want to see Poly pictures, right?
Thanks!

I don't see any problem with posting them here ;).

Packing up the car!!! Question - are there irons in the DVC studios?

Have a great time :goodvibes.

Just booked at the Poly for the first time!!!!! 10/14-10/20 I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!

How exciting! The Poly is a great resort, you're going to love it ::yes::.

DH and I are going to the Poly on 4/30--5/7. Got a great AP rate so switched to Poly from AKL.
Can't wait to be back there!!

Congrats on the discount. We love AKL, but the Poly is amazing! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Tikiman can be trusted, certainly more accurate than the average (not on site, undertrained) CM.

Yes, definitely! And Tikiman responded to me on a FB message that the Poly floor plans are up to date. What a great resource he is. Unlike the first CM I called who said that I could not make a resort reservation at what was 458 days in advance on the day I called. I told her I could make it by phone at 499 days in advance for resort only and she said I would need to go online for that. I told her I was on the WDW website as we were speaking and the reservation calendar only went to the end of 2017. She still insisted she could not take my reservation by phone. So I thanked her and called back and got a much more informed CM. Wow! I had no idea...!

Will just miss you, I get in late afternoon. A CR/Poly CL split sounds awfully nice to me... hope you're having a great time.

Thanks! First trip alone with my husband. I have to say, it's nice not having the kids here (though I do feel a little bad) lol. It's looking like highs in the 80s next week, so you may just get some pool time! Enjoy :)

We just got back from a fantastic stay at the Poly. We had a PPO ADR at Garden Grill and Extra Magic Morning at MK during our stay - the parks opened at 9 am. We rode the bus both days - they started running at 7:15am. We arrived with plenty of time for both. Hope that helps.

How did your EMH work at MK? What time did you enter the park? Thanks!

Aloha everyone! :sunny:

My husband and I just decided to take our great-niece to WDW for a week, for her high school graduation present! We told her tonight via FaceTime because she lives in NJ and we're in MA. My husband and I used funny props to lead up to the surprise. LOL We discussed it with my niece and her husband (her parents) and we all thought it best to tell her now since she will be deciding about employment once she graduates. We're going the 3rd week of August and that works out well for her and she is SO excited!

Anyway.... is there anything new at the resort since Aug 2015? I know that the Oasis pool is now open and it looks gorgeous! Is there any work going on there now, or anything scheduled for this summer?

We'll be staying in the Hawaii building which we're very familiar with, and we're looking forward to showing her a nice time. She is extremely sweet and loves Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, etc so we'll be planning our itinerary to include all of those things. :D

Sorry for rambling (as usual LOL), I'm just so excited to be bringing a newbie to WDW!!! lol

From all the Youtube videos I have seen on the different room types, they all have no towel animals. I went ahead and googled it and I've seen conflicting reports of people getting them and not getting them in their rooms.

Is it just at random depending on which mousekeeper you get? or did Disney completely get rid of them?

I believe it had to do with #1 the time involved as well as #2 guests complaining when they didn't get them. So instead of being a fun surprise, it became expected....refer back to #1, time, and it was just stopped altogether.

Just to shed some light on the towel animals. I posted this about 8 months ago but still stands as true.

My aunt was a housekeeper at WDW for 14 years and recently retired. The towel animals were always meant for guests to take home if they wanted. Therefore, the towels the housekeepers used to make the animals are towels that were going to be taken out of "service" due to fraying, looking ragged etc. That's why they were not always left for guests because there had to be some that were going to be "retired". Not only did there need to be towels available to be made into animals, the housekeeper had to have the time to make them up. They were always meant to be something special, not expected. And as the guests started complaining that they are paying $$$ for the room or tipping $$$ and not getting towels animals EVERY day, they have decided to stop the practice. Though there still are some housekeepers that enjoy doing it so much that they will still do it. But as a whole, they are not encouraged to any longer. So if you do get some, enjoy. But don't expect them.

:cool1:ME :bride:DW pirate:DS14

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter