Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a height limit for the keiki slide (the kids splash pad slide)? Is there a height minimum for the big slide at the main pool? I read the first couple pages and couldn't find anything. Can kids wear life jackets on the bug slide? Thanks for your help! (We've only ever stayed at CBR and wanting to try a new resort!)

When we were there last year both of my boys played in the splash area and rode the enclosed slide. They were both taller than 48 inches; I'd say closer to 51-52 inches. No one ever said anything including the life guards. There were other children about my boys' height and taller playing/ going down the slide, too. I had read on here that children taller than 48 inches couldn't go down the other slide (the non enclosed one) so I told my boys to play in other areas of the splash pad.

Is there a height limit for the keiki slide (the kids splash pad slide)? Is there a height minimum for the big slide at the main pool? I read the first couple pages and couldn't find anything. Can kids wear life jackets on the bug slide? Thanks for your help! (We've only ever stayed at CBR and wanting to try a new resort!)

I'm here at the poly right now. The lifeguards did check the height on a few kids, but the ones that were just a few inches too high, they just asked that they leave the small slide from r the little ones

Officially, the splash pad is under 48". They can be lax if it is a well-behaved older child playing with a sibling.

I wouldn't send a kid who isn't taller than the landing water down the main slide; they will NOT let two
When we were there last year both of my boys played in the splash area and rode the enclosed slide. They were both taller than 48 inches; I'd say closer to 51-52 inches. No one ever said anything including the life guards. There were other children about my boys' height and taller playing/ going down the slide, too. I had read on here that children taller than 48 inches couldn't go down the other slide (the non enclosed one) so I told my boys to play in other areas of the splash pad.

We were there last week. My son is also 52 inches tall. He played in the splash pad area, went down the small slide, and also did the big slide. We discussed ahead of time being careful around smaller and younger kids. If he was asked to leave we would have understood. But it's a great little area for kids and families!

Hey guys! Just wondering if they roast marshmallows on the beach at this resort. The last couple years at WL, my kids missed out because of the construction!! It's something they've really been looking forward to. Thanks!

Yes they do.

image.jpeg Just a heads up for anyone coming in this Thursday. We received this notice in our room today. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

We are at the Poly now. The lifeguards at the splash pad volunteered that my older kids (8 yr olds, definitely over 48 inches) could do everything in the splash area but the little slide. No idea the minimum on the big slide, but my 8 yr olds had no issues going down alone.

We are at the Poly now. The lifeguards at the splash pad volunteered that my older kids (8 yr olds, definitely over 48 inches) could do everything in the splash area but the little slide. No idea the minimum on the big slide, but my 8 yr olds had no issues going down alone.

Thanks!! He loves the splash pad and that would be awesome if he could still go on at least part of it.

Thanks for all the replies!!

For those of you who were so unhappy with Tim, did you leave any feedback..? I mean, if he isn't helping guests then what does he do? :/
We did with Poly management and in our survey. Never heard anything. We had multiple bad experiences with him- he was rude to my children, my husband, and myself. While we were all sick with the stomach flu- we had to cancel some reservations. One of the other CM send soup to our room and comped us dinner so that we could enjoy what was left of our vacation. The next day when we went to give Tim the receipt he was so pissed that this was done and was very vocal about it. Im not asking for the royal treatment- just would like friendly service and to be treated fairly.

Isn't that the elevated walkway between Niue and Raratonga? Niue is our family's favorite standard view longhouse!

Yes! We also love Niue ♥

Hi guys - I apologize if this is semi-off-topic here, but I knew this was the best place to go! I am currently doing some renovations on my condo and after staying at the Poly again in April, I have decided to make a go at turning my bathroom into the resorts! It is pretty much moving along smoothly, except I can't decide how to do the turtle/geometric wallpaper. Obviously, I can't seem to find that wallpaper. And while I have figured out a way to paint it, I would rather do a wall photo vinyl decal. SO - basically I am hoping someone here would have a good photo of one of the individual wallpaper squares that they are willing to let me use. Or could direct me to one online maybe? Then I could crop, enlarge, and have some squares printed to piece together for my section of my small wall. I have some photos of my own, but they are angled so if I crop them, the design won't look quite right. (I really wish I'd thought of this a month ago when I was there!!)

I am also in the market for the shower curtain, if anyone has seen one for sale! I keep checking ebay like a crazy person :)

Good luck with your project :) I have a few photos.
9A0A38F3-861D-47F0-AA25-1B31D9F60EF7_zps0fcmbfao.jpg

BB9CC6FC-8BE9-434A-A7FC-3EFEB3BCE1A7_zpswpt0e06n.jpg

96451029-ef24-4db8-883d-009c5d379140_zps4drsk45q.jpg

View attachment 175573 Just a heads up for anyone coming in this Thursday. We received this notice in our room today. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Its been a rough few weeks for the resort. Moorea is still running on a generator, The hot tub was down again for repair but is back up now. The Lava pool was partly drained and in the process of being refilled so it is closed now. There is no boat traffic or transportation because of last nights incident and all beaches and some paths are closed.

We just returned from the Poly and I'm 47 years old, 5ft 8 inches, and the lifeguard encouraged me to go down the bigger of the two splash pad slides, so I think anyone's kids will be fine. I saw plenty of adults going on the right hand slide as you face the kids splash area.

Well airfare down to Florida dropped a lot if we arrived a day earlier. ( I have been waiting to book hoping for a great rate)

Asked Dh and he said yes so the kids and I will do 1 night Poly studio(can't wait to see) then transfer to Poly CL the next day. YIPPEE:banana:

Also the online checkin only had upper floor, lower floor or near elevator for check in requests.:scratchin Thought there would be at least the buildings to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter