Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just sent the activities calendar for June by Disney and noticed the timing for the movies was a half hour earlier than May's. Also the campfire was at 7 instead of 7:30. Seems strange they moved everything up earlier instead of later with the obger days. Anyone know why??

Polynesian_Lava_Pool,_early_morning,_May_25,_2016 resize.jpg A GREAT second stay at Poly, Tokeleau again as requested. Very pleased, in spite of Tuesday's massive Disney computer problem, was in room by about 2PM, but due to computer problem, magic bands were not working for room and pools till very late Tuesday evening, so we were given key to the world card for room and pool. Pleasantly surprised that somehow our dining credits for the day were properly applied to our DDP, since the Dining System was also affected(made sure I kept all receipts just in case). Came from a 3 day Hard Rock Hotel Universal stay, so this was a very relaxing two day resort stay, no parks, on our way to Disney Vero. Love the two showers in the villa, certainly comes in handy getting ready! Was not bothered at all by ferry horns, we were quite tired at end of long day. Early riser, so LOVE the tranquility of the beach area in the morning sipping on morning coffee. Another fabulous dinner at Kona, sticky wings for appetizer, two of us had the strip steak which was delicious, cooked perfectly(huge) and two of us had the pan noodles with chicken and shrimp. Waitress was kind enough to allow us to order Bread Pudding for dessert and of course the crème brulee is always yummy!:thumbsup2 GREAT having Oasis pool as a quieter option, very nicely done! Lunch at Oasis was very good, chicken wraps and pork sliders very good, but service was slow for 2PM, after the lunch rush. We asked for lunch "to go" since we grabbed some shade by an umbrella at Lava pool and the CM's did such a nice job of packaging the lunches to go. Wish there were more umbrellas to get a respite from the hot sun though.:beach: Looking forward to getting back to relaxing Poly SOON.:woohoo:

I have heard that Tuesday's catastrophic failure has aftershocks and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Would not surprise me. Rare that a failure of that magnitude is jolly good the next day...

We are excited about our upcoming Poly stay 6/13-16 as part of a split stay with YC!

My son has severe asthma and he noticed a smoking section marked between Niue and Rarotonga. Has staying near that spot been a problem for anyone with breathing difficulties?

Any tips on where smoking areas are noticeable so we can avoid a room adjacent to one?

Love this thread, by the way. I've learned so much!

I can't help with the smoking areas, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We'll be back at Poly CL LV in a little over a month!

The time will go fast and you'll be checking into the Poly before you know it :yay:.

I'm getting excited for our trip that's coming up in about 7 weeks, so I've been watching some YouTube videos about the Poly. In one of the videos, a woman was sitting out on her patio, and she commented that she had used a lot of bug spray on herself and her daughter due to loads of mosquitoes at the Poly because it's so close to the water.

My family has gone to Disney in the summer the last 4-5 years, and none of us has ever gotten a mosquito bite. We stayed at both the Contemporary and the GF, which are also right on bay lake, and we never had an issue there either. I'm thinking the Poly will be the same - very few mosquitoes, if any at all.

Anybody ever deal with mosquitoes at the Poly?

Hope the next 7 weeks goes fast for you :). As for mosquitoes, we've never had an issue with them at the Poly or anywhere else at Disney.

Do you believe its still worth staying at the poly? Mainly staying there for the convenience of the monorail, and being able to get back to our room fairly easy (since my 5 year old is autistic). Also, I think the pool looks like a lot of fun, and we have many ADRs at CR and GF.

I think so! As the pp said, the boat is also nice for going back and forth to MK, so if the monorail is down for any reason, the boat is always a great option :goodvibes.

I absolutely believe the Poly is still worth a visit regardless of whether monorail is available or not!

I agree :thumbsup2.

Thanks! We're excited to be on the road, headed there now. We are so looking forward to the easy monorail access. We do have reservations at Kona breakfast, O'hana breakfast, and O'hana dinner so we will definitely be enjoying the resort food! Hearing that the rooms feel spacious puts my mind at ease.

Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Okay my Poly gurus...question time!
On arrival day our plan is to check in early and then head to our first ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 10:30. I then thought I'll take a bag with swim gear and head to the pool just in case our room isn't ready. Since we will actually be checked in, just possibly room-less this early, is that okay or is it frowned upon?

As others have said, definitely ok to use the pool as you will be a Poly guest, even if your room isn't ready ;).

Just checked in today for our first stay at the poly. Got off to a vey rough start... Went to blizzard beach this morning and had issue with tickets not being linked to MB's. Dispite everything showing up in MDE, it still took them almost an hour and a half to straighten it out. Not a good way to start things with two small kids chomping at the bit to get in, And frying in the hot sun. Then after that issue straightened out, we had problems with payment privileges on MB's not working. 30 more minutes on the phone with Disney, finally got that straightened out.
Our room is second floor Rarotonga, parking lot/monorail view. Definitely not a desireable view, but fairly convenient location. I really wanted Samoa, but nothing available.
Enjoyed a buetiful sunset tonight and great beaches and cream ice cream sundae for dinner. Hopefully the issues are behind us and I can stop focusing on the poor view from our room and have a great rest of the week.

Sorry about the rough start, but hopefully everything is straightened out and you won't have any more problems. Hope the rest of your trip is magical :wizard:.

View attachment 172143 A GREAT second stay at Poly, Tokeleau again as requested. Very pleased, in spite of Tuesday's massive Disney computer problem, was in room by about 2PM, but due to computer problem, magic bands were not working for room and pools till very late Tuesday evening, so we were given key to the world card for room and pool. Pleasantly surprised that somehow our dining credits for the day were properly applied to our DDP, since the Dining System was also affected(made sure I kept all receipts just in case). Came from a 3 day Hard Rock Hotel Universal stay, so this was a very relaxing two day resort stay, no parks, on our way to Disney Vero. Love the two showers in the villa, certainly comes in handy getting ready! Was not bothered at all by ferry horns, we were quite tired at end of long day. Early riser, so LOVE the tranquility of the beach area in the morning sipping on morning coffee. Another fabulous dinner at Kona, sticky wings for appetizer, two of us had the strip steak which was delicious, cooked perfectly(huge) and two of us had the pan noodles with chicken and shrimp. Waitress was kind enough to allow us to order Bread Pudding for dessert and of course the crème brulee is always yummy!:thumbsup2 GREAT having Oasis pool as a quieter option, very nicely done! Lunch at Oasis was very good, chicken wraps and pork sliders very good, but service was slow for 2PM, after the lunch rush. We asked for lunch "to go" since we grabbed some shade by an umbrella at Lava pool and the CM's did such a nice job of packaging the lunches to go. Wish there were more umbrellas to get a respite from the hot sun though.:beach: Looking forward to getting back to relaxing Poly SOON.:woohoo:

Thanks for checking in and for the gorgeous pic! Enjoy your time relaxing at the poly :cloud9:.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! Is there a longhouse you would recommend for a standard view room? The only thing Id really love to have is a third story room (so we can have a balcony), otherwise I'm not sure which would be best. Thanks so much for your help!

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! Is there a longhouse you would recommend for a standard view room? The only thing Id really love to have is a third story room (so we can have a balcony), otherwise I'm not sure which would be best. Thanks so much for your help!
We are one of the many Samoa fans. However, now that we are DVC it's not an option.

Like the pp, we also love Samoa. It's very convenient to everything as it's just steps from the GCH, both pools, the beach, and Captain Cooks :).

Hi! We are headed to the Poly this summer but I'm stuck on room choices. We have a 2 year old (who is an early riser) and 5 year old. I was thinking I would ask for a crib for the 2 year old. Does anyone have opinions on whether a regular room or studio would be preferable? I read that the sofa and day bed in the studios may not be that comfortable. Thanks!

We are excited about our upcoming Poly stay 6/13-16 as part of a split stay with YC!

My son has severe asthma and he noticed a smoking section marked between Niue and Rarotonga. Has staying near that spot been a problem for anyone with breathing difficulties?

Any tips on where smoking areas are noticeable so we can avoid a room adjacent to one?

Love this thread, by the way. I've learned so much!

I think the bigger concern is that I have been getting a lot of reports of guests smoking on their balcony. When the Polynesian got rid of smoking rooms in 2007 it made smoking in the room and on the balcony or patio off limits and a fee would be added to your bill. This fee was a couple hundred dollars. In some cases people checked out of rooms and the smoke could be noticed when they cleaned the room and the fee would show up after people returned home. Lately I don’t know how strict they are being because many have told me they complained to managers about not being able to enjoy their balcony because the people next to them were always smoking and nothing got them to stop.

It's a 40-year-old system. It shows its age often.

Its actually 27 years old but could use an upgrade. Not all of the shutdown has been because of monorails falling apart but it has been for upgrading the track system to allow for driverless monorails.

Okay my Poly gurus...question time!
On arrival day our plan is to check in early and then head to our first ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 10:30. I then thought I'll take a bag with swim gear and head to the pool just in case our room isn't ready. Since we will actually be checked in, just possibly room-less this early, is that okay or is it frowned upon?

You will be able to access the pool areas as soon as you get your Magic Band set up, even if your room is not ready.

Was just sent the activities calendar for June by Disney and noticed the timing for the movies was a half hour earlier than May's. Also the campfire was at 7 instead of 7:30. Seems strange they moved everything up earlier instead of later with the obger days. Anyone know why??
Hi, where can you find the activities calendar? Did Disney send it to you?

Hi guys here now in a villa paying cash that my DVC member neice booked for me with her discount. She was told at booking that I got daily housekeeping. I called front desk and was told no.

Hi guys here now in a villa paying cash that my DVC member neice booked for me with her discount. She was told at booking that I got daily housekeeping. I called front desk and was told no.
I would go to the front desk and speak to someone there. When you call the front desk you are getting a call center. If you open the cabinet in the kitchen there should be a list of extra services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter