Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "plenty" look like LOL? We have a teen do our plenty may not look like your plenty! A dozen wings? A dozen pot stickers? Context, please!

Oh, and looking at pics of Poly rooms, I don't see a dining table. Do the bring in one of those rolling tables?

Oh, and looking at pics of Poly rooms, I don't see a dining table. Do the bring in one of those rolling tables?

There is a small rolling table under the desk and the desk and dresser top but not a lot of area in the room to sit at and eat since they removed the table and chairs. You have a small table out on the balcony or patio if you have one in your room. I'm not sure where we would have put everything if we did not have the kitchen and dining room table in the bungalow but you could plate it up from the desk and dresser and then sit on the day bed and chairs in the room.

My husband has hinted to me that he was thinking of wanting to add another night on to our stay while we're there..do you think that's possible for this time of year, without having to switch rooms? He did it one year as a surprise to me for my birthday at POFQ, and we were able to stay in our room -but I'm not sure if I can chalk that up to being in September..

My husband has hinted to me that he was thinking of wanting to add another night on to our stay while we're there..do you think that's possible for this time of year, without having to switch rooms? He did it one year as a surprise to me for my birthday at POFQ, and we were able to stay in our room -but I'm not sure if I can chalk that up to being in September..

If the room for the extra night is the same category as your original room then your odds are pretty good.

If you can't get the same room category, your odds are slim to none.

We just upgraded our Feb 2017 booking to the Polynesian as our package from the UK was too good to miss out on :yay: It will be our first stay at the Poly, super excited as we love it so much - we have visited / eaten and used the lounges quite a few times, so it will be amazing to be actually staying here :cloud9: It will also be our first wedding anniversary (we got married at Disney in Feb this year) so another reason to celebrate in a beautiful resort, and hoping to go for a beautiful walk to the GF and past the Wedding Pavilion to relive some happy memories! Off to read the whole thread now!

Just booked our room at Poly!! Too many days to count but soo excited to stay Deluxe :stitch:

How exciting! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

We just upgraded our Feb 2017 booking to the Polynesian as our package from the UK was too good to miss out on :yay: It will be our first stay at the Poly, super excited as we love it so much - we have visited / eaten and used the lounges quite a few times, so it will be amazing to be actually staying here :cloud9: It will also be our first wedding anniversary (we got married at Disney in Feb this year) so another reason to celebrate in a beautiful resort, and hoping to go for a beautiful walk to the GF and past the Wedding Pavilion to relive some happy memories! Off to read the whole thread now!

Congrats on upgrading to the Poly! Hope you have a magical anniversary trip :wizard:.

Yesterday, I was lucky (or at least I hope) enough to snare a couple of Poly Villa Lake View rooms. After reading what other people are saying though about how hard it is to get what you request, like a 3rd floor room for instance, I'm rethinking my decision. Looking at photos I feel these first floor rooms at Moorea look more like standard view rooms than "lake" view. Seeing the back of a bungalow is not my idea of a premium view accommodation. I read somewhere that one person requested the 3rd floor twice and didn't receive either request. I try to get the best accommodation for the points required and for 8 more points a night I could snag a 1 BR at BWV. Has anyone had any experience with these first floor Poly villa rooms?

Last edited:
Yesterday, I was lucky (or at least I hope) enough to snare a couple of Poly Villa Lake View rooms. After reading what other people are saying though about how hard it is to get what you request, like a 3rd floor room for instance, I'm rethinking my decision. Looking at photos I feel these first floor rooms at Moorea look more like standard view rooms than "lake" view. Seeing the back of a bungalow is not my idea of a premium view accommodation. I read somewhere that one person requested the 3rd floor twice and didn't receive either request. I try to get the best accommodation for the points required and for 8 more points a night I could snag a 1 BR at BWV. Has anyone had any experience with these first floor Poly villa rooms?

I personally like the ground floor rooms because of the open patio to sit on and the kids can play in the grass or walk over to the sand. Some of those ground floor rooms can see the castle and all can see the fireworks. Why do you only want a 3rd floor room and not a second floor room? We purchased enough points to stay in a lake view room for at least a week a year and I myself don't care what room on that side of Moorea they put us in. I would be happy with any of them.

Has anybody tried Amazon Prime Pantry or Amazon Prime to the Polynesian? I am considering it instead of garden grocer for our upcoming trip. Any tips if you have tried it are appreciated!

Has anybody tried Amazon Prime Pantry or Amazon Prime to the Polynesian? I am considering it instead of garden grocer for our upcoming trip. Any tips if you have tried it are appreciated!

I have used Amazon Prime to the resorts before, but on another thread folks were talking about the addition of Amazon Prime Now to the resort area. Free 2 hr delivery, and the availability of cold/frozen items like milk, ice cream, lunch meat, etc.

I will definitely be trying this out in a few weeks!

I've read a few posts on the DVC boards saying the Pool views from Tokelau are not really the best, particularly if you are on the southern part of Tokelau, you over look the back of the service building where the food is served and also the mechanicals for the pool, etc. Just wanted to get some other opinions from others who had rooms in Tokelau on the pool side, particularly from XX39 to XX48 if the view was less than magical there. I know, before, the old pool was situated in front of those rooms and before Oasis pool, they probably were good views, but if the service building is right in front of those, I was just wondering what others felt. I can see the rooms on the north side of the building may be good, but the south side maybe not so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter